• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Oh my god :/ Crazy fans.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spokesman added: "The band didn't come on stage until just before 8pm, but the first casualty was found in Lichfield Street at 4.45pm with a head injury. After treatment she was discharged on scene.

"Another five casualties were dealt with about half an hour later. Three hadn't eaten or drunk all day, one had felt faint and the fifth was hyperventilating.

"The latter two patients also had insufficient clothing on for the conditions. After treatment, getting warmed up and eating something, all five were discharged."

I think its funny how misguided middle aged women can be these days...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god :/ Crazy fans.

they are trying to hype 1D like JLS, the difference between the two acts are JLS CAN REALLY SING and 1D are OVERRATED MIMERS
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    radiofan wrote: »
    they are trying to hype 1D like JLS, the difference between the two acts are JLS CAN REALLY SING and 1D are OVERRATED MIMERS

So you mean Simon Cowell was out there injuring these fans to hype them up ;)
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBKrayzee wrote: »
    The spokesman added: "The band didn't come on stage until just before 8pm, but the first casualty was found in Lichfield Street at 4.45pm with a head injury. After treatment she was discharged on scene.

"Another five casualties were dealt with about half an hour later. Three hadn't eaten or drunk all day, one had felt faint and the fifth was hyperventilating.

"The latter two patients also had insufficient clothing on for the conditions. After treatment, getting warmed up and eating something, all five were discharged."

I think its funny how misguided middle aged women can be these days...

LOL! That is a funny assessment but I bet you wouldn't get that at a Matt concert. They would have all had their dinners and be asleep by the time he came on.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

2 of JLS can sing. 3 of Wand Erection can sing. So, really, that puts Wand Erection ahead.
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member

Very true
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair, most of the 'injuries' were people slipping on ice in the town during the day , but because the boyband was playing in the middle of the high street that evening, it seems every girl injured is attributed to them.

It makes a nice headline.

The local newspaper doesnt mention much apart from 'fans go wild for cowell and x factor band'

• Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Silly girls, don't they know 1D are gay? :p
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's all this about them having a home town? Surely they're not all from Wolverhampton?
    More hype from Simon....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    What's all this about them having a home town? Surely they're not all from Wolverhampton?
    More hype from Simon....

Precisely. They were put together during the series weren't they? One of them is from Ireland isn't he? What nonsense is the BBC writing, saying Wolverhampton is their home city
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eddiebaby wrote: »
    Precisely. They were put together during the series weren't they? One of them is from Ireland isn't he? What nonsense is the BBC writing, saying Wolverhampton is their home city

I believe that they visited all their towns except for Ireland due to snow or something but did a main concert in Liam's Hometown. though they did little gigs in each home town.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, although I'm as far from a one direction fan as can be, Liam can plainly sing well, as shown from his very good vocal and subsequent standing ovation at his audition. Harry is quite good too and Niall is not bad.

They don't mime as such, they do sing live each week, the problem with 1D is they have the loudest backing in the world that makes them sound better than they really are collectively. If you look at how atrocious 1D are in the actual miming group performances, there's no way they could have pulled off miming each week. They have technological support undoubtedly though, the choruses always come booming out like there's about 50 of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JLS had a crush aswell :\ looks like runners up for 1D if we're going by coincidences :D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well said.:D
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    JLS had a crush aswell :\ looks like runners up for 1D if we're going by coincidences :D

JLS had a smaller fanbase than 1D when they were on the show and the venue they used was much smaller.

Still, they had a huge Fanbase and I think people have realised now as they are more successful than Alexandra, who won, that it's not just down to how well you sing on the show, you need a lot more. Which is why I believe 1D will win this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member

one direction were probably injuring the fans ears with the awful singing (miming)
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    OMFG. They're just like the Beatles!