Options

How come 2 - 3 or more famous people die around the same time?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    I remember when I was at school that Ross McWhirter of Guinness book of records was shot dead by the IRA, he was a regular on BBC Record Breakers at the time. Then Graham Hill died in a plane crash.

Maybe your subconscious is raised by the first death - then you are more tuned in when others are announced.

Worst thing is when someone very notable passes, but their passing goes largely un-noticed due to death of someone more famous - e.g Farrah Fawcett after long battle with cancer, then Michael Jackson dies suddenly later that day.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JanieB wrote: »
    Don't worry Lainey I thought you were right until that rather stroppy "correction" post! That is the joy of DS, there is always someone more knowledgeable than us who likes to dish it out, however impolitely :D

Perhaps it could be seen as similarly "impolite" to assume someone's post is "stroppy" as you can't be certain of their tone when all you see are letters and not hear the way in which it was meant.

It was a correction, but if it came across in a way that LaineyT felt was harsh then I apologise to them. If there's a next time, I'll pepper my post with smileys so it won't be misconstrued as harsh when it wasn't intended to be.
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    I remember when I was at school that Ross McWhirter of Guinness book of records was shot dead by the IRA, he was a regular on BBC Record Breakers at the time. Then Graham Hill died in a plane crash.

Maybe your subconscious is raised by the first death - then you are more tuned in when others are announced.

Worst thing is when someone very notable passes, but their passing goes largely un-noticed due to death of someone more famous - e.g Farrah Fawcett after long battle with cancer, then Michael Jackson dies suddenly later that day.

Exactly! Her sad passing was completely overshadowed by the death of that weirdo :(