Supernatural Season 8 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Still in Hell as Michael rode his body there. Sam only escaped because he got dragged out.

This series of Supernatural really is getting better, much better than last year in terms of overall story arc.

Love having Cas back and love the fact he's a sleeper agent. I don't believe he does remember, he just maybe felt a bit weird for a moment, not knowing what happened when he got zapped back to the Winchesters.

Am I the only person here to have heard of the Metatron before? Anyone else watched Dogma? The Metatron played by Alan Rickman. Well that character was always with God or on the orders of God (Alanis Morissette of all people lol), so the Metatron could be with God in Supernatural wherever he/she/it may be!
    Ah ok, thanks. I didn't know if he died when Michael took over. Seems ages ago now that I watched those episodes.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    Have to say, it's good to see Amanda Tapping in the mix as Naomi. If you know your scripture, there's a woman who has every reason for finding where God is hiding (bitter revenge).
    Are you implying that Naomi is after God for revenge?
    What happened to Dean and Sam's half-bother did he die or is he in hell?
    Still in Hell as Michael rode his body there. Sam only escaped because he got dragged out.
    I didn't know if he died when Michael took over. Seems ages ago now that I watched those episodes.
    Adam.

He isn't dead by a long shot (as he acts as a vessel for Michael, he doesn't die once Michael takes over, he merely allows his body to be controlled). One would imagine though that he'd wish himself dead. If Sam went crazy following his recollection of Hell, God knows (pun not intended) how Adam would react. I think it's safe to say Sam is mentally stronger than Adam, and Sam cracked.
    Love having Cas back and love the fact he's a sleeper agent. I don't believe he does remember, he just maybe felt a bit weird for a moment, not knowing what happened when he got zapped back to the Winchesters.
    Granted.
    Am I the only person here to have heard of the Metatron before?
    Apparently, yeah, though it's fair to say a lot more of us have heard of Megatron. ;)
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a story too far even for Supernatural to have the Impala suddenly transform into a 25 foot high robotic Alien...I mean I know we all thought the Impala was God but that seems more reasonable lol :eek:
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Are you implying that Naomi is after God for revenge?

Well, in the Bible God did kill her husband and her two Sons. After which she liked to be known as 'Mara' which means 'bitter'. She then inherited a bloodline that eventually led to Jesus.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Best episode of the season for me, it beats anything from Season 7.
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    I think it is a story too far even for Supernatural to have the Impala suddenly transform into a 25 foot high robotic Alien.
    That would actually make for an interesting episode. I'm surprised Gabriel didn't think of that prank. :p
    Caldari wrote: »
    Well, in the Bible God did kill her husband and her two Sons. After which she liked to be known as 'Mara' which means 'bitter'. She then inherited a bloodline that eventually led to Jesus.
    Okay, so God killed someone, and this someone turns into an Angel and is intent on getting revenge on God?

Something tells me that an Angel can't really exact revenge on God. Not even Lucifer could manage that one.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where this story leads.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got excited thinking, ooh I forgot Supernatural was on last night, except it wasn't! Where is it! IMDB had it down as this week! Oh well, hopefully it's just a week's break, then a couple more episodes before the Christmas break
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Yep - a weeks break for Thanksgiving, then another 3 episodes before Christmas.

Really enjoyed last weeks episode. First time I've been able to say that in quite a while.
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Yep - a weeks break for Thanksgiving, then another 3 episodes before Christmas.

Really enjoyed last weeks episode. First time I've been able to say that in quite a while.

this actually made me smile :)

but i think its only 2 weeks as the CW site had the break from the 5th to the 9th if Jan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had wondered why i couldnt find it to watch yesterday :)

Alan Rickman will always come to mind whenever Metatron is mentioned :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had wondered why i couldnt find it to watch yesterday :)

Alan Rickman will always come to mind whenever Metatron is mentioned :)

I know tell me about it. I love Dogma, it always now reminds me of Supernatural because they use the same mythology if you like and same angels, just in a different way. Like when Sam or Dean mentioned Loki in Supernatural, it reminded me of Matt Damon
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Sensational episode last night I thought, bucket loads of fun and Supernatural doing what it does best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did love this episode. Doing something only Supernatural can do! It had the comedy element in amongst a good story and a good continuing story of Castiel's spy work.

Loved the bit with the frying pan!
    Forum Member
    Loved the bit with the frying pan!
    That was epic!

The last two episodes have been worth the wait (season started off a bit slow) though I'm really curious to know what is going on in Heaven. Castiel once had the power to practically rule Heaven, and now he's being told he cannot return cause he has a job to do down here first.

Can't wait to see all of this unfold.

Edit: I think also that he remembers his conversations with Naomi, but he literally can't speak about them. Something seems to be holding him back from doing so.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Edit: I think also that he remembers his conversations with Naomi, but he literally can't speak about them. Something seems to be holding him back from doing so.

Whereas I got the impression he only remembers when he arrives in her presence and then forgets everything, retaining only any command she gives which he will carry out without understanding why.
    Forum Member
    Whereas I got the impression he only remembers when he arrives in her presence and then forgets everything, retaining only any command she gives which he will carry out without understanding why.
    Except that there are several... inconsistencies here.

#1 When he was all power hungry, he went to Heaven and would have undoubtedly got rid of any other Angel that held a position of power (cause he was all powerful and wouldn't let anyone, or anything stand in his way). Surely if Naomi is as powerful as she seems, she'd have been one of Castiels' victims.

#2 Both times he has returned to Earth he's paused, as if to think what to say when he's had to change his story. Surely if his time in Heaven is but a microsecond, and with him being an Angel, whatever was on his mind he'd have said without the pause.

I think he knows something... Maybe he doesn't remember exactly what's going on but suspects that something (or someone) has a hold on him?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

#1 When he was all power hungry, he went to Heaven and would have undoubtedly got rid of any other Angel that held a position of power (cause he was all powerful and wouldn't let anyone, or anything stand in his way). Surely if Naomi is as powerful as she seems, she'd have been one of Castiels' victims.

Didn't he say that Naomi was in a part of Heaven that he didn't even know existed?

If so, he could hardly have killed her if she spent all her time in a place he had no knowledge of.
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Didn't he say that Naomi was in a part of Heaven that he didn't even know existed?
    That is a very valid point.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Sensational episode last night I thought, bucket loads of fun and Supernatural doing what it does best.

Absolutely. Supernatural at it strenghts did, what on paper, would read as stupid but *just* made it work. This episode was the same. Brilliant and an instant classic. The last few episodes have, to me, represented a climb back to the heady heights of earlier seasons. Lets hope this continues.

So many excellent moment but the cat....split second of pure genius :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Castiel doesn't remember his time in Heaven until he gets zapped up there either. And those moment pauses are his brain readjusting the situation, hasn't anyone here had a brain pause, where you were going to say something then momentarily you needed a moment to think, or forgot what you were going to say? I think it's similar to this. It's the point where what what was discussed in Heaven is changed.

And yeah someone said he didn't even know Naomi, so wouldn't have known to kill her (or try, she seems even more powerful than he was)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    This week's episode made me smile so much - it was worth the two week wait. I hope Castiel isn't going to have any more prolonged absences!
    Forum Member
    I think that Castiel doesn't remember his time in Heaven until he gets zapped up there either. And those moment pauses are his brain readjusting the situation, hasn't anyone here had a brain pause, where you were going to say something then momentarily you needed a moment to think, or forgot what you were going to say? I think it's similar to this. It's the point where what what was discussed in Heaven is changed.
    You're probably right.
    And yeah someone said he didn't even know Naomi, so wouldn't have known to kill her (or try, she seems even more powerful than he was)
    She's no doubt more powerful than he is now, but I doubt she was as powerful as he was when he was all hyped up on Leviathan.
    Jackie34 wrote: »
    I hope Castiel isn't going to have any more prolonged absences!
    I don't think he'll remain a regular as such, since he decided to stay with that guy; though there is no sense in that; Naomi said she wanted Castiel to stick with the boys to figure out them tablets ect. Instead, he's stating in a retirement home ~ he isn't with the boys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

#2 Both times he has returned to Earth he's paused, as if to think what to say when he's had to change his story. Surely if his time in Heaven is but a microsecond, and with him being an Angel, whatever was on his mind he'd have said without the pause.

I think he knows something... Maybe he doesn't remember exactly what's going on but suspects that something (or someone) has a hold on him?

I thought cas only nuked the angels who followed Raphael (the best turtle IMO :p)
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear gods of the small screen, please, for the love of my sanity, save me from Sam and Amelia and their massively dull 'relationship'.

Thank you.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode this week. I think we are being rewarded for sticking with the show after last season and the okay but not great season before that. It does look like it is back on track again. The only episode I haven't enjoyed was the one minus the boys shot like the Blair Witch but every season has a naff episode lol

Sure Sam & Amerlia aren't setting the world on fire but I'll stick to it considering I think we all know she will be turned eventually and Sam will have to kill her (but will probably let her go) resulting in friction with Dean after the while Benny stuff. Repetitive? Maybe