breaking bad

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chandlerp wrote: »
    I bloody hate the Walt Jr. character and could quite happily have done without him the entire time. Whiny little bitch.

Agreed. The only convincing thing he does is eat breakfast.
  • Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we know for sure;

Saul is gone. He lives.

Walt will arrive back in Albuquerque on his birthday and he will take possession of a very large gun. The kind of gun you'd use to destroy a building not the kind of gun you'd use to shoot the odd person.

Questions;

Walt did want his money back off the Nazis but is that still the case now Walt jr has made it clear he didn't want the money or anything to do with Walt?

Walt knows the Nazis are still making his signature product. He has always been possessive about his product will he want to punish the Nazis for them stealing his reputation?

Will Walt want a few words with Gretchen and Elliot?

Where is Marie? Is her story over?

What is to become of Skylar & Holly?

Lydia & Todd; is their love doomed?
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a great slow burner after last weeks white knuckle ride, sets the scene for whats sure to be an epic finale :)
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they were talking about Breaking Bad on the news ! Radio 4 P.M. , talking about how its the most talked about show, wins loads of Emmys and yet no channel in the UK shows it .

• D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good slow burner with some shocks in between.

Adored the ending.

Heisenberg is back bitches, and he's here to stay.
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it does not have a crappy cop out ending like another show that ended this week.
  • isabelle304isabelle304 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    I bloody hate the Walt Jr. character and could quite happily have done without him the entire time. Whiny little bitch.

Arrrrrrgh! Every time he comes on screen I just want to reach into the telly and give him a good slap. I find him so irritating! :mad: Glad to see I am not the only one who feels that way...
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Andreas death was worse than Hanks...a total innocent killed by a psycho..chilling.

Think we are being slightly misled by the scene of Walt in the bar. Don't think it's the Gray Matter conversation that got Walt going ..think it's the mention of Blue Meth in Europe.

I've always thought that Lydia in the cafe with the Ricin was a possibility..we'll see.

Of course the other thing for me is folk underestimating Lydia..now she knows Pinkman is the source, what's to stop her taking out Todd and Co and taking Jesse to Europe.

Really don't get the hatred on here for Skylar, Flynn or Jesse..they're normal people in horrible circumstances..you might be a bit whiny too !
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Todd is creepy as hell. He talks in such a soft almost caring way when he is being evil. I'll take straight up aggression any day!

Lydia and Todd in the cafe, what was the point in talking while sitting back to back, they just look more suspect.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Walt rang up the DEA from the bar I thought he was just going to give them the location of Hank's (and Gomez's) body so that the family could get some closure.

So was a little surprised when it became clear he was giving himself up. I think it was the news that the Blue Meth is still be sold rather than anything Gretchen and her husband said that got him to change his mind.

I wonder if Andrea's death made it into any of the newspapers Walt was given?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    eggshell wrote: »
    I've always thought that Lydia in the cafe with the Ricin was a possibility..we'll see.

Yeah, he plants a sachet containing ricin instead of her precious Stevia. :D
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's hope it does not have a crappy cop out ending like another show that ended this week.

Which one was that?
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Which one was that?

Dexter.
  • Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    On the Emmy red carpet last night, Bryan Cranston said something about how the show was ending at just the right time, at its apex. And that struck me as interesting because in many ways the show itself is about what happens when you don't know it's time to quit. That was driven home in stark relief last night when Andrea was killed. If Jesse hadn't gone back to ABQ to seek revenge, if he'd just gotten in the Cleaner's van when it pulled up, he'd be a free man and Andrea and Brock would be alive and well.

On another note, I disagree that if Jesse had a death wish he should have kept climbing the fence. They want him alive, so they wouldn't have shot to kill - just shot him in the leg or knee to keep him from escaping. That would have made him even more miserable in his dungeon and really thwarted any further escape attempt.

Finally, this is totally random but the detail of the vacuum guy bringing Walt two dozen pair of reading glasses so he could maybe read the newspapers reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode where Burgess Meredith is the last man on earth and he's happy he'll finally have time to read all the books he wants to -- and then he breaks his glasses. Just something about Walt going from feeling on top of his world to being completely isolated from, and yet still dependent on, the modern world. So chillingly pathetic.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dexter.

Ah! I knew it was on it's final season but didn't realise it had actually ended. I've only just started watching it on Netflix...
  • HenrikHenrik Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought it was pretty boring for the penultimate episode, just too long with not a lot happening. Then when something did happen of all the people Meth Damon shoots it's Andrea? He could have just threatened to kill her to make Jesse compliant, or done something else that would make Jesse cry, like stealing Brock's Fruit Loops. Even if he could I wouldn't want Walt to get $80 million dollars for characters like Skyler and Walt Jr. I was wanting to see Skyler killed by the 3 guys who somehow sneaked in past the police.

The threat was already there, by putting up a picture of Andrea/Brock.
  • redandwhiterobredandwhiterob Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon the flash forward scene at the beginning of season 5 where Walt turns up at the abandoned house is where the last episode will start from
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    It must be sickening for Walt to think that he went through all of that for nothing. Even if he could somehow get the money to Skylar would she spend it? Unlikely.
  • rovermacrovermac Posts: 811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eggshell wrote: »
    For me Andreas death was worse than Hanks...a total innocent killed by a psycho..chilling.

Think we are being slightly misled by the scene of Walt in the bar. Don't think it's the Gray Matter conversation that got Walt going ..think it's the mention of Blue Meth in Europe.

Of course the other thing for me is folk underestimating Lydia..now she knows Pinkman is the source, what's to stop her taking out Todd and Co and taking Jesse to Europe.

Really don't get the hatred on here for Skylar, Flynn or Jesse..they're normal people in horrible circumstances..you might be a bit whiny too !

Quite like Skyler and Flynn,it,s that overacting Holly I can't stand
  • crazybeatscrazybeats Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I liked Bran Cranston's comments last night about anyone surviving the holocaust next week. I think quite a few are going to be killed off in the very last episode.
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    That ending was pure brilliance!

Todd might just be the creepiest character I've seen on television. Complete psycho!

So pumped for next week! :D
    Dexter.

To be honest that show was going downhill since Season 6. I've got faith in Vince Gilligan. He won't let us down!
  • pyjamamamapyjamamama Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I'm sure that at some point next week Walt will see Jesse escaping, maybe from out of a window in a reflection of their first meeting. It would bring the show full circle. Maybe I'm being over optimistic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Good solid filler episode to bridge the gap between the amazing 'things coming to a head' episode last week and the finale. I'm actually rooting for WW now; I'll be gutted if (when?) he dies in the finale, but if he does, I hope its Jesse who does the deed. In fact, the last 10 minutes should just be Walter and Jesse confronting each other - it'd be a fitting end as their relationship has been the core of the whole series.
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good solid filler episode to bridge the gap between the amazing 'things coming to a head' episode last week and the finale. I'm actually rooting for WW now; I'll be gutted if (when?) he dies in the finale, but if he does, I hope its Jesse who does the deed. In fact, the last 10 minutes should just be Walter and Jesse confronting each other - it'd be a fitting end as their relationship has been the core of the whole series.

I think Walt may be able to talk Jesse out of killing him, but then Marie kills Walt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    Poor Andrea...she didnt deserve that....i still didnt feel much sympathy for Jesse though when it happened.
    I was so annoyed with Jesse's half arsed attempt to escape then his strop when caught. He pretty much got Andrea killed with his bumbling and inability to think of the consequences. Will be sad to see it end next week, but am now hoping Jesse dies as he is an idiot.