Miley Cyrus mocking mental health.

JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a520812/miley-cyrus-responds-to-sinead-oconnors-open-letter.html

Don't quite know what to say about this.

I'm so disappointed in her :mad:

Oh how the worlds heart is bleeding for Hannah Montana

Comments

• RedRoseRebelRedRoseRebel Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sinead spoke a lot of sense. No need for that kind of response at all, what a brat.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Sinead O'Connor is usually right. She warned people about Catholic abuse. People responded with hostility. Ultimately she was proven to be correct. She then warned that Britney Spears was heading for a meltdown. No one listened. Once again, she was proven right.

If that's really Miley Cyrus' response, then she's even dumber than I thought she was.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be Karma, if/when she ends up in rehab.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Horrible, ignorant little madam.

She's trying so hard to break away from the Hannah Montana image, that it's really quite embarrassing.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I think Sinead spoke a lot of sense. No need for that kind of response at all, what a brat.

I quite agree. Am going right off Miley, wish she'd bore off and put that silly tongue of hers away. Here's more classy shots of the twerk:mad:
    http://dlisted.com/2013/10/03/miley-cyrus-really-took-sinead-oconnors-advice/
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinead is of course right but she really shouldn't have wasted her time and concern on this vapid idiot.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silly young girl. I hope someone can explain why what she is said is wrong.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does everyone suddenly feel the need to spout out advice to Miley Cyrus.. ..

By the way I mean celebs NOT fellow posters
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinead was right and Miley wrong in her response. But why did Sinead choose to send an open letter? If she were truly concerned why involve the whole world?
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    Silly little girl...:rolleyes::yawn:
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Why does everyone suddenly feel the need to spout out advice to Miley Cyrus.. ..

By the way I mean celebs NOT fellow posters

I guess because older celebs have seen it all before so many starlets spiral out of control. Miley is either incredibly shrewd and just living the life or she is headed for disaster and the celebs just want to get in there first to say I told you so. Or it gets their name in the news because Miley is a hot topic.
    It's ironic though that Miley is mocking Sinead or Amanda Bynes while licking the arse off Britney who had or still has her own problems.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might not be obvious enough, but how exactly was Miley mocking mental health?
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imho this brat (MC) is an out and out spoiled little madam.

Who on earth thinks any of her garbage is of consequence ?:yawn::yawn:

I reckon we have given her more attention than she deserves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead O'Connor is usually right. She warned people about Catholic abuse. People responded with hostility. Ultimately she was proven to be correct. She then warned that Britney Spears was heading for a meltdown. No one listened. Once again, she was proven right.

If that's really Miley Cyrus' response, then she's even dumber than I thought she was.

Sinead was definitely right about the abuse going on in the church. Of course, a lot of catholics back then thought she was a nasty piece of work. After watching Sinead being interviewed, she comes across as being a nice woman and is religious, I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is anyone going to explain?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    It might not be obvious enough, but how exactly was Miley mocking mental health?

I think it was the Amanda Bynes comment. The recent line of thinking is that Bynes has a mental illness, possibly schizophrenia, which why she hasn't been heard from for a while (and why the gossip websites have laid off her).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here yo go.

The messages in the post drew attention to O'Connor's past struggles with bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and were prefixed by Cyrus writing: "Before Amanda Bynes.... There was...."

She then posted a second message with a photograph of O'Connor's infamous appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why not read the above 2 links? It's perfectly clear that she's using manic episodes (posted by both SInead and Bynes on twitter) to undermine them and dismiss them as loons and therefore unworthy of attention. Has Cyrus or anyone close to her one ounce of sense, instead of mocking her, they'd thank Sinead and take stock.

She's really not worth the effort. Let her car crash. So much real talent out there and it's painful to see the likes of Cyrus getting the attention she does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here yo go.

The messages in the post drew attention to O'Connor's past struggles with bipolar disorder and other mental health issues and were prefixed by Cyrus writing: "Before Amanda Bynes.... There was...."

She then posted a second message with a photograph of O'Connor's infamous appearance on Saturday Night Live in 1992

I read the article.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Sinead was right and Miley wrong in her response. But why did Sinead choose to send an open letter? If she were truly concerned why involve the whole world?

My views on this are that Miley responded as many a young person would, a bit recklessly and with passion but simply firing back at something she sees as an attack on her, rightly or wrongly, by Sinead.

I don't think Miley is brutally attacking mental health in general, more just Sinead and her past actions, but of course people will jump on that bandwagon and she'll have to apologise and make a public donation to MIND or whatever, for her heinous crime, but this is really a spat between two women, one middle-aged and one very young, over a piece of old cake.

It's a shame it was ever made public so the entire world needed to get involved. As per usual, they can't keep anything private or discreet to save their lives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read the article.

Well why are you still asking what the problem is then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was the Amanda Bynes comment. The recent line of thinking is that Bynes has a mental illness, possibly schizophrenia, which why she hasn't been heard from for a while (and why the gossip websites have laid off her).

So she's indicating that Amanda was faking her illness? Miley was really obvious in what she wrote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Well why are you still asking what the problem is then?

Because I can't work out what Miley meant. Okay?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read the article.

Hopefully you will understand what this thread is about then.:)
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I can't work out what Miley meant. Okay?

You are not alone..neither could I... I don't know anything about the person she was tweeting about