Characters born and died on a soap. (poss spoilers)

factor50factor50 Posts: 513
Forum Member
✭✭
Apart from babies whose characters we dont really know, how many characters have been born and died on a soap? Or will Lucy Beale be the first?

I know she hasnt been on EE all her life but she was born on the soap and if rumours are true she will be murdered pretty soon. So, have there been any others?

Comments

• Clare D13Clare D13 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Susan Barlow from Corrie
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Susan Barlow.

Edit, snap! :D
  • factor50factor50 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I dont remember Susan Barlow being born, I'm 40 so it must have been before my time. I only vaguely remember her dying, was it off screen?
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    factor50 wrote: »
    Oh I dont remember Susan Barlow being born, I'm 40 so it must have been before my time. I only vaguely remember her dying, was it off screen?

The Susan Barlow character came back into the show soon after the live 40th anniversary episode. This episode featured the return of Peter Barlow (Susan's twin) who has since been in and out of the show over the last 14 years. The character of Susan did participate in the show (can't remember how long for but not that long) until she was killed off in a road traffic accident.
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Susan Barlow didn't actually die onscreen I don't think. Corrie pedia says they just received news of her death but the fatal accident was not seen. I have got a felling Lucy will actually die on screen with the moment of death airing.
    Were either Val or Cindy actually seen giving birth to them?
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Was Cameron Robinson born on screen or did Gail have the triplets off screen?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technically you can include James Branning, Ronnie and Jack's infant son in Eastenders, though I can't think of any adult characters who fit off the top of my head!
    You'll also be able to include Sinead's baby in Hollyoaks soon
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Technically you can include James Branning, Ronnie and Jack's infant son in Eastenders, though I can't think of any adult characters who fit off the top of my head!
    You'll also be able to include Sinead's baby in Hollyoaks soon
    There has been a few more babies that have born and died on screen.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    basdfg wrote: »
    Susan Barlow didn't actually die onscreen I don't think. Corrie pedia says they just received news of her death but the fatal accident was not seen. I have got a felling Lucy will actually die on screen with the moment of death airing.
    Were either Val or Cindy actually seen giving birth to them?

I'm sure Val was. Susan and Peter were certainly seen on screen for the first couple of years of their life, they were shipped off to Grandparents after Val's death, reappearing now and then until Susan became a major character again when she was 21 for about 3 years.
    Forum Member
    From memory we saw Cindy's labour start, be taken to hospital and then Ian turned up at the Fowlers to say they'd been born, only to be greeted with the news that his father had been killed the same day - hence Peter being called Peter after Pete Beale in memory.
    Forum Member
    There were Matt and poeggy Skillbeck's twins in early Emmerdale as well - born in the show and died in a road accident a few years later along with their mother. They didn't make it to adulthood though.

Also Daniel Sullivan in Brookside - born on screen, pushed off a building with his mother when he was about 2. Again not an adult though.
    Forum Member
    The Hart's youngest child was born on she show and died on the house boat explosion along with all but one of his family in Family Affairs as well.
  • Glitter03Glitter03 Posts: 2,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Billie Jackson in EE born on screen?
    Forum Member
    No - Billie was about 3 when the Jacksons arrived.