Dancing on Ice - The Final Tour | 28th March - 27th April 2014

123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The professional group performance, with the girls in wings (Brianne, Alexandra and Matt were in it...can't remember who else) to 'wake me up inside' is also worth mentioning. It was a beautiful performance.

It is beautiful! The other skaters are Lucasz, Andy and Robin. Lucasz and Alex is IMO by far the best pro routine. They seem in a different league to the others.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amytigger wrote: »
    It is beautiful! The other skaters are Lucasz, Andy and Robin. Lucasz and Alex is IMO by far the best pro routine. They seem in a different league to the others.

Yes, they were the stand-out performance of the night for me too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Went to Wembley last night too. Great show (got so involved forgot to keep track of the scores...sorry:cry: )

Ray came top of the leaderboard, Kyran second, (he said he felt it was his best skate of the tour) Beth third and Gareth 4th (judges mentioned it was his best skate so far). Ray won, Kyran second, Hayley third.

Bonnie had a fall, but recovered really well. I enjoyed all of the performances..Suzanne was the stand-out girl for me (had the whole package - confident and fast skating as well as performance) but she scored lower than Beth and Hayley, so what do I know?:) Have to say, I loved all of the routines and up close to the ice you appreciate even more what all the celebs have actually managed to achieve. Gareth did a 'skate and sing' as an extra.

Stand out performance for me was Lucas and Alexandra, just brilliant. The speed and height Alexandra gets on her spins - and her landings - AMAZING.

Thoroughly enjoyed both parts of the show, though the second half had the edge :)

Thank you for letting us all know what you thought! I can't wait for Sunday :D

I watched a video of Alexandra and Lukasz on YouTube and they're really good! The jump she does and lands after the lift (I don't know the actual name) is amazing, and very few professionals seem to do that because it must be really hard to do.

I like Matt and Nina's routine too, I think they have some great lifts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I'm going to the matinee show at Leeds tomorrow and very much looking forward to it (although can't quite believe it'll all be over after this weekend).

Just wondered if any one knows what merchandise are on sale - how much are the programmes? Also, I've seen people post pictures online but I had an email from the arena saying no photography, so are pictures not allowed or have people been sneaky?
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah0890 wrote: »
    I'm going to the matinee show at Leeds tomorrow and very much looking forward to it (although can't quite believe it'll all be over after this weekend).

Just wondered if any one knows what merchandise are on sale - how much are the programmes? Also, I've seen people post pictures online but I had an email from the arena saying no photography, so are pictures not allowed or have people been sneaky?

Ooh, as you're going to leeds tomorrow, could you please post on here/PM me with where the cast sign and have pictures afterwards as I'm going on Sunday and aren't sure :)
    Forum Member
    Ooh, as you're going to leeds tomorrow, could you please post on here/PM me with where the cast sign and have pictures afterwards as I'm going on Sunday and aren't sure :)

Of course, although I didn't know they did so thank you for mentioning it! I've never been to Leeds arena so hoping to be there a bit early to look around and find out where to go myself.
  • humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting us all know what you thought! I can't wait for Sunday :D

I watched a video of Alexandra and Lukasz on YouTube and they're really good! The jump she does and lands after the lift (I don't know the actual name) is amazing, and very few professionals seem to do that because it must be really hard to do.

I like Matt and Nina's routine too, I think they have some great lifts

You're welcome:)...just sorry I forgot to take notes of the scores, as I liked to hear the reports back myself. I'm sure you'll really enjoy the show. I had seen a video of Alexandra and Lukasz before I went too, and was looking out for them and knew I'd enjoy their routine, but in reality its even more impressive! Have a great time, and report back to us on what you thought!
    Forum Member

Hi, I'm sorry but I have no idea where the cast go after the show as never managed to see anyone :( - took ages to get out of my block, then I went toilet and we were directed out a side door instead of the main doors so had no idea where I was! Did have a walk around the arena before the show and saw a couple of people smoking outside a door to the right of the arena (if you stand looking at the main doors/ arena sign, go round to the right of the building a bit) and they must have been production staff or something as there were barriers up and it was a non audience area if that makes sense. It could be there, maybe?

I loved the show, think it was fantastic! The pro routines were just amazing and I admit to shedding a tear at the end of bolero - I still can't really believe that these final two days are the last of Dancing on Ice and that today was my last experience of it!

Anyway, the leader board for the matinee this afternoon:
    Kyran & Nina: 29.5
    Ray & Maria: 29.5
    Beth & Lukasz: 28.0
    Hayley & Dan: 27.0
    Suzanne & Matt: 25.5
    Bonnie & Andrei: 25.5
    Gareth & Brianne: 25.0
    Joe & Robin: 22.0
    Some had to alter routines a little, as they had smaller ice and the judges are back where they were on the first series, rather than on the end, due to layout of arena.
    Ray won, with Kyran second and Hayley third.

Hope anyone going tomorrow has a fab time!
    Forum Member
    sarah0890 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm sorry but I have no idea where the cast go after the show as never managed to see anyone :( - took ages to get out of my block, then I went toilet and we were directed out a side door instead of the main doors so had no idea where I was! Did have a walk around the arena before the show and saw a couple of people smoking outside a door to the right of the arena (if you stand looking at the main doors/ arena sign, go round to the right of the building a bit) and they must have been production staff or something as there were barriers up and it was a non audience area if that makes sense. It could be there, maybe?

I loved the show, think it was fantastic! The pro routines were just amazing and I admit to shedding a tear at the end of bolero - I still can't really believe that these final two days are the last of Dancing on Ice and that today was my last experience of it!

Anyway, the leader board for the matinee this afternoon:
    Kyran & Nina: 29.5
    Ray & Maria: 29.5
    Beth & Lukasz: 28.0
    Hayley & Dan: 27.0
    Suzanne & Matt: 25.5
    Bonnie & Andrei: 25.5
    Gareth & Brianne: 25.0
    Joe & Robin: 22.0
    Some had to alter routines a little, as they had smaller ice and the judges are back where they were on the first series, rather than on the end, due to layout of arena.
    Ray won, with Kyran second and Hayley third.

Hope anyone going tomorrow has a fab time!

I'm going tomorrow, thanks for providing everyone with the scores! Maybe that side door is where they come out? I really want to meet someone but it seems improbable. I could tweet a professional skater and ask them, but at the same time I don't want to sound desperate!

I can't believe that this time tomorrow Dancing on Ice will be over forever. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going tomorrow, thanks for providing everyone with the scores! Maybe that side door is where they come out? I really want to meet someone but it seems improbable. I could tweet a professional skater and ask them, but at the same time I don't want to sound desperate!

I can't believe that this time tomorrow Dancing on Ice will be over forever. :(

I want to meet some too :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Hoping that what with it being the last ever show tonight, some of the cast will come and have photos/sign things :)
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mum and I saw the afternoon show at Leeds today and we weren't the only ones shedding tears at Bolero at the end, and Chris and Jayne seemed very moved as well, especially at the wave of sound towards them. They have enhanced our lives for nearly 40 years, painted indelible memories in our minds, and all I can say is thank you to them.

The show really belonged to them, I thought they did a great job compering the first half, proving the nine years of media TV training has given them that confidence to do it, couldn't have imagined them doing the same while competing years ago! Some very funny moments and expressions as well. Ray had the biggest reaction and won, he just slipped a bit in the Flamenco but he is still the best performer by far. But enjoyed everybody and everything.

Really though, it was all about T and D. Everything else was a bonus. They still cover the ice incredibly and look fantastic and can't believe it's the last we shall see of them. Hoping for another tour somehow.
    Forum Member
    The show was AMAZING! I really loved everything about it :D

Kyran won tonight - Ray fell over in his first routine so maybe that affected the votes a little bit. But they were all so good!

I waited a bit to meet them but it was really cold and they were taking ages so I didn't get a chance, but I'm still so happy I went to the show because it was fantastic. I really wish there was going to be another but it's over :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the show tonight. It was amazing! The professionals were fab and it was a nice change for ray not to win.

Kyran- 10,10,10- 30
    Suzanne- 10,10,9.5- 29.5
    Beth- 9.5,9.5,9- 28.0
    Ray- 9,9.5,9.5- 28.0
    Hayley- 10,10,8.5- 28.5
    Gareth- 9,9,9- 27.0
    Bonnie- 8.5,8.5,8- 25.0
    Joe- 8,8,6- 22.0

3rd- Hayley
    2nd- Ray
    1st- Kyran
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I have to say if Ray had fallen during the Flamenco when I went, I would have felt cheated!
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the show tonight with my Mum and we both loved it. Great performances by all, but Jane & Chris were just beautiful :) Especially the bolero! The whole arena stood at the end of that, it was so lovely and moving.
    I have to say if Ray had fallen during the Flamenco when I went, I would have felt cheated!

Aww no, I don't. Plus he actually came back on the ice after Chris said "Show them how you can really do it" (or something like that) He then did the part he messed up perfectly.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I went to the show tonight. It was amazing! The professionals were fab and it was a nice change for ray not to win.

Kyran- 10,10,10- 30
    Suzanne- 10,10,9.5- 29.5
    Beth- 9.5,9.5,9- 28.0
    Ray- 9,9.5,9.5- 28.0
    Hayley- 10,10,8.5- 28.5
    Gareth- 9,9,9- 27.0
    Bonnie- 8.5,8.5,8- 25.0
    Joe- 8,8,6- 22.0

3rd- Hayley
    2nd- Ray
    1st- Kyran

Yay for Suzanne!:) Hayley didn't deserve tens, I am afraid I am on Nicky's side, she needs to be able to skate on her own.
    Forum Member
    I can't believe it is all over! :cry::cry::cry:
    Forum Member
    Yay for Suzanne!:) Hayley didn't deserve tens, I am afraid I am on Nicky's side, she needs to be able to skate on her own.

Also, Beth's routine is better than Hayley's and in the same way Bonnie's was better than Gareth.

I can't believe Joe got two eights and a six! When I went to Manchester and only gave him a 3:)
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Olls~ wrote: »
    Aww no, I don't. Plus he actually came back on the ice after Chris said "Show them how you can really do it" (or something like that) He then did the part he messed up perfectly.

Aww, that's nice ❤

I think it was because it's probably my favourite ever DOI routine, I've rewatched it so many times and I'd have just been gutted if it was anything less than perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the final tally was:

RAY 33 wins

HAYLEY 2 wins

BETH 1 win

KYRAN 1 win

So Ray was the Tour Champion by a mile and absolutely justified his Champion of Champions status! But nice that three other champions all had a win - even if it did take Ray to fall to do it! Would have been nice if Suzanne had won one too so they all had one win, and she is arguably a better skater than Hayley and a better performer that Beth. I really hope Ray carries on skating - it would be such a waste of a talent if not, even though he is essentially an actor/singer/dancer. Hopefully he can find time for it all!

I was at the last show and all the cast were brilliant and some lovely tributes to Jayne and Chris at the end on video from Arena staff, backstage staff, makeup, Physio, pros and celebs! Very emotional! The show overran by about 20 minutes! Ray did plead with Chris and Jayne not to go and Chris said that maybe they could do something else so I for one live in hope they may have other projects in the pipeline!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pleased for Suzanne she got some 10s at the end of the tour though a little bit of a shame she didn't win a show or make top 3. Great that Kyran won a show though - he apparantly won the 1st ever tour show back in 2007 so a somewhat fitting way to end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad I got to see Beth win :) Ray won the Friday night I was there and then Beth won on the Sunday. I'm a big fan of her and Luke so it was nice to see them win :)