Assassin’s Creed III coming October 30

Comments

• The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Will be playing this later on, when should the reviews be appearing?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Dude, should you be that open about Pirating the game?
    Forum Member
    Was I?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    You brought up that the game was leaked and that the PS3 version will leak soon to, and then a day later "I'll be playing this later on", really now, did you just happen to get a copy of the game very early and then make a legit backup of the game to your hard drive for homebrew purposes? :p
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this.
    Got the Join or Die Edition pre-ordered so will hopefully have it on Tuesday!

Played Revelations on a friends gamertag and it seemed a bit samey. Think they could have combined Brotherhood and Revelations into one game to be honest.

Got 1000 points on AC and AC2.
    Trying to get the last few achievements on Brotherhood and then need to play Revelations on my own gamertag and get those achievements. Gonna be a bit of a squeeze trying to do that before AC3 arrives!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I preordered mine online and it arrived this morning!! :D
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    You brought up that the game was leaked and that the PS3 version will leak soon to, and then a day later "I'll be playing this later on", really now, did you just happen to get a copy of the game very early and then make a legit backup of the game to your hard drive for homebrew purposes? :p
    I'll have you know it's very easy to get the big games early (sometimes up to a week or more before release) if you know the right independent shops, and there's no need to "make a backup for homebrew purposes", detective Ash :mad:

Any further wild theories can be directed to my lawyer, while I play AC3 in peace :D
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have you know it's very easy to get the big games early (sometimes up to a week or more before release) if you know the right independent shops, and there's no need to "make a backup for homebrew purposes", detective Ash :mad:

Any further wild theories can be directed to my lawyer, while I play AC3 in peace :D

What's the point of getting games early?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    What's the point of getting games at all?

In other news, I am shite at Six Men's Morris.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve35 wrote: »
    What's the point of getting games early?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

From a legit shop then why not?

Are you going to wait buying it? Why buy it at launch?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    got my £40 quid ready and my pre order receipt..

roll on wednesday morning, 8am
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From a legit shop then why not?

Are you going to wait buying it? Why buy it at launch?

I can wait to buy it at launch.:D
    Forum Member
    It's getting a bit annoying now, truth be told. Mostly slow to start and without any major departure from the formula of the previous games. Combat actually feels clumsier (the guns are shit to use for you but a great asset for the big squads of soldiers stood a mile away blasting at you) and I've encountered a noticeable amount of glitches, more than a few of which have necessitated reloading (once the game even froze up the entire ps3 which then proceeded to do a 10 minute file system restoration when I switched it on again...).

I'm persevering in the hope of improvement though, for one important reason...
    that being I am still playing as Haytham so I'm expecting things to get serious once I move on to his son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wednesday is shaping up to be an amazing day

Going to town to buy assassin's creed 3 then watching skyfall, then home and hopefully catch the end of Liverpool's league cup match and then most importantly start the beginning of the end of Desmond's story

Bit tight on cash so i'm going to have to wait for Liberation
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy arrived in the post today! Looking forward to playing this tonight after work!!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to reading people's views on this. I was going to get it this week but going to hold off for the Wii U version
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right so i've got my copy today haven't played it yet though. Does anyone know if you can play wolfpack with people on your friends list? I'm presuming you can, just don't want to start playing this mode to have randoms bailing halfway through the game mode or talking rubbish or randomly singing.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    The DS review is out:
    With a campaign offering anything up to 70 hours worth of gameplay, not to mention a comprehensive multiplayer mode, Assassin's Creed 3 is one of the most complete action-adventure games we've ever played. Connor is a wonderful character and the perfect centerpiece for a riveting story that spans hundreds of years when you factor Desmond into the equation.

Throw in some beautiful locations, stunning visuals and an intuitive combo system, not to mention the enormously enjoyable naval warfare missions, and Assassin's Creed 3 lives up to its billing as a truly revolutionary release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/review/a432928/assassins-creed-3-review-xbox-360-a-truly-revolutionary-release.html
    Forum Member
    Hm, a bit fawning, I have yet to see anything truly revolutionary myself (hell, combat might even have taken a step backwards) but I will reserve real judgement until I have played a bit more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, a bit fawning, I have yet to see anything truly revolutionary myself (hell, combat might even have taken a step backwards) but I will reserve real judgement until I have played a bit more.

Apparently it is slow to start with.
    Forum Member
    It is, quite. But there's a bit of a twist after that which makes it almost completely worth it.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Wednesday is shaping up to be an amazing day

Going to town to buy assassin's creed 3 then watching skyfall, then home and hopefully catch the end of Liverpool's league cup match and then most importantly start the beginning of the end of Desmond's story

Bit tight on cash so i'm going to have to wait for Liberation

for once, we agree...thats an awesome day... mind you, mine will end with my awesome halloween party....
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's getting a bit annoying now, truth be told. Mostly slow to start and without any major departure from the formula of the previous games. Combat actually feels clumsier (the guns are shit to use for you but a great asset for the big squads of soldiers stood a mile away blasting at you) and I've encountered a noticeable amount of glitches, more than a few of which have necessitated reloading (once the game even froze up the entire ps3 which then proceeded to do a 10 minute file system restoration when I switched it on again...).

I'm persevering in the hope of improvement though, for one important reason...
    that being I am still playing as Haytham so I'm expecting things to get serious once I move on to his son.

Of course if you had bothered to wait for the launch and the patch to fix some of the errors you are moaning about then you would enjoy the game better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Of course if you had bothered to wait for the launch and the patch to fix some of the errors you are moaning about then you would enjoy the game better.

Indeed!:D
    Forum Member
    Actually the patch was available from the moment I first loaded up the game. Sorry to put a dampener on your smugness.