Options

Cara Delevingne - why is she disliked so much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her, but the pulling faces/'I'm so mad' act is a bit irritating and seems rather fake.
  • Options
    CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Saw that, she gave me the impression of being as thick as two short planks, as well as pig ignorant.

I'm surprised she's a model, she looks pretty average, certainly wouldn't make me take a second glance.

Too busy tweeting or whatever she was doing on the phone as well before she grabbed the microphone. Then back to swiping and thumbing.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I don't have much of an opinion on her other than she seems to be one of those people who is just uber famous because the tabloids say she is. Like, every friggin' day. I really just do not get their fascination with the likes of her, Kendall Jenner, Lena Dunham etc etc. I mean I do have a mild interest in the world of proper showbiz, even the latest Katie Price feud can sometimes stir a bit of curiosity in me but these new lot? Total bores with not even a vile personality or rollercoaster love life to offer.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    People don't understand the pressure of having fame so young, how it impacts on a person mentally.

yes it is just awful for Cara isnt it ....I mean just awful . The Media are dreadful how dare they treat her like this. If only there was some way Cara could avoid all this pressure. If only Cara didn't need the money , maybe if she came from a wealthy connected family where she didnt need to work like a cloths horse to make ends meat .....
    Let start a collection to save her from this life of hell she is leading :)
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Too busy tweeting or whatever she was doing on the phone as well before she grabbed the microphone. Then back to swiping and thumbing.

She's 22, that's just what many people her age seem to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    She's 22, that's just what many people her age seem to do.

In scorching weather as well. So sad.
  • Options
    asortafairytaleasortafairytale Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard she isn't very professional and turns up pretty strung out to every photo-shoot. Despite the fact they do actually have a profession rather than just being born into money I don't find her and Poppy too dissimilar to a British version of the Hilton sisters.
  • Options
    Alex_DowlingAlex_Dowling Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither did I, until yesterday.

She was on the grid at the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. I was watching Martin Brundle doing his usual grid walk on Sky Sports in which he wanders up and down the grid just before each race starts, interviewing people who are there, from people involved in the sport such as drivers, team owners & mechanics, to visiting A-list movie stars, rock stars, even royalty. Pretty much everyone he speaks to seems interested in the sport and will enthusiastically chat away about why they're attending the race, who they think might win, etc...

Cara was the exception. She refused to be interviewed when Martin spotted her on the grid, just giving a simple reply that was something like, "Yeah, Sky is great, and that's all I have to say". To me, she came across as somewhat self absorbed & a bit full of herself. If this is typical of how she is normally, I'm not surprised that she's disliked.

Sounds like Cara's not interested in Formula 1 but she went to the Monaco Grand Prix for the Tag Heuer promotion thingy.
  • Options
    Matthew_SteepleMatthew_Steeple Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    She is beautiful and seems a nice girl.

Why the hate? people even say she's a good actress not just a model. Is it because she was born into money!?

She was at the F1 today cheering on Lewis:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-3094926/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Cara-Delevinge-pose-McLaren-duo-Jenson-Button-Fernando-Alonso-ahead-Monaco-GP.html

She is nothing but delightful.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    I can sympathise with her. People used to tell me all the time, when I was younger, to smile more and cheer the hell up. It was very annoying because I was actually pretty happy most of the time, I just don't have a face that shows it, I guess.

People still do it from time to time, but I guess middle-aged people are supposed to have more worries, so it doesn't happen so much.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the stupid faces and tongue sticking out do it
  • Options
    day dreamerday dreamer Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    For me the stupid faces and tongue sticking out do it

So glad someone else finds it annoying. I've noticed there is an obsession among young women when it comes to sticking their tongues out and it honestly bewilders me because it looks so ugly, as do those hideous pouting faces they all pull now. I like seeing people having fun but I don't know why women are so eagar to infantalise themselves nowadays. It makes me cringe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    day dreamer, it makes them all look like trash. This is social media, internet, go with the flow society now. Everybody has to be doing it now. No matter what happens they've all to be following the trend rather than being themselves.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I've heard she isn't very professional and turns up pretty strung out to every photo-shoot. Despite the fact they do actually have a profession rather than just being born into money I don't find her and Poppy too dissimilar to a British version of the Hilton sisters.

Her family arent the Hiltons, but theyre hardly poor.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't come across well here..
    Cara Delevingne had her X-rated plans dashed after she and her glamorous friends were turned away from the popular lap dancing club SophistiCats in Marylebone. Cara kept telling the staff, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Cara Delevigne. I'm Cara and this is my friend Amber who's just got divorced!"'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3753863/amp/Strip-club-owner-explains-turned-away-Amber-Heard-Margo-Robbie-angry-agitated-Cara-Delevingne-model-said-famous.html
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen the name mentioned before but I wouldn't know her if I fell over her! I take it (from the comments on here) that she's a model. The only models around today that I know of are Gigi and Bella Hadid and Kendall Jenner and that's only because I've watched The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills and Keeping Up With The Kardashians! Other than that I only know of the older models like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Linda Evangelista, etc. Is she on a par with them, I've no idea?
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like a crackhead, sorry if that sounds harsh but she is supposed to be a model.
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul_P wrote: »
    Saw that, she gave me the impression of being as thick as two short planks, as well as pig ignorant.

I'm surprised she's a model, she looks pretty average, certainly wouldn't make me take a second glance.

Looks-wise, I find her a bit of a conundrum. She can be very hit and miss, I think. Sometimes she looks totally unremarkable, even a bit weird looking. But at other times she looks incredibly hot. I can't remember a female celebrity who was so inconsistent in her appearance, sometimes plain, sometimes gorgeous.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    I only looked at this thread out of curiosity because I have never heard of her, and after what I have read here, I am happy to keep it that way. ;-)
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    In scorching weather as well. So sad.

Not everyone enjoys the sunshine.

I prefer rainy weather myself.
  • Options
    Helix_Helix_ Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I would assume it's because she is incredibly overexposed in the press while at the same time doing very little. She seems to be given film roles over much more talented actresses and haven't had very good reviews. She also isn't portrayed very well in interviews and can be seen to come across as either surly or annoying (e.g. the face pulling)

None of these are reasons to hate her, but I could see how a reduction in the amount of news columns she is in could benefit her.

It's not like anyone ever says "I wish Rita Ora was in the paper more."
  • Options
    RumerRumer Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I think everyone is just sick of these rich privileged people being handed modelling and acting careers.

It would be nice to see someone with actual talent get a chance. It's not surprising most films are flops these days.
  • Options
    ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the hysteria surrouding her. Personally I think she's very unattractive. In terms of the younger, popular models of today I don't think any of them are a patch on popular models of the past like Kate Moss or Naomi but the media obsession with Cara seems particularly baffling to me. Maybe her family connections are able to get her in the press a lot?
  • Options
    ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acid rain wrote: »
    Not everyone enjoys the sunshine.

I prefer rainy weather myself.

Agreed.

Of all the things to judge someone for this ranks as one of the stupidest.