Celebs who can't stand each other

Comments

• Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp & Amber Heard? :p
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii Minogue and Sharon Osbourne fell out on the X Factor when Dannii first joined because Sharon felt threatened by her. I'm not saying Dannii's totally innocent - she's fallen out with a few celebs over the years but i'd say a lot of it was down to Sharon's jealousy.

Dieter Brummer and Melissa George on Home and Away (Shane and Angel) back in the 90s, apparently she was a diva and he asked for Shane to be killed off because she was so bad. Can't say I am surprised from what I've seen in the media about her...
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,193
    Forum Member
    seawitch wrote: »
    Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor. My father was once asked to give a lift to Dietrich after her taxi didn't turn up. As they were driving past a poster for a Burton/Taylor film, Dietrich snorted and said: " She can't act."

Marlene always said that Taylor stole her men, starting with Michael Wilding, followed by Mike Todd, and ending with Eddie Fisher, although I am sure that Liz would have been delighted to have given Fisher back to her. ;-)
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Dannii Minogue and Sharon Osbourne fell out on the X Factor when Dannii first joined because Sharon felt threatened by her. I'm not saying Dannii's totally innocent - she's fallen out with a few celebs over the years but i'd say a lot of it was down to Sharon's jealousy.

Dieter Brummer and Melissa George on Home and Away (Shane and Angel) back in the 90s, apparently she was a diva and he asked for Shane to be killed off because she was so bad. Can't say I am surprised from what I've seen in the media about her...

More has come out about Dannii since then though. Not as innocent as she tried to make out at the time. I don't really care either way and I like them both.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Axl Rose and Danny Wahlberg. When New Kids were at the height of their fame, Rose said that he couldn't stand them and that they made him sick inside. He wanted to beat them up. A spokesman for Wahlberg said Danny had been a real life gang leader and could more than handle Axl...ok...

George Lazenby and Dianna Rigg supposedly didn't get on well on the Bond set. Must have been awkward as Bond was supposed to be the most lovey dovey he's ever been.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Axl Rose and Danny Wahlberg. When New Kids were at the height of their fame, Rose said that he couldn't stand them and that they made him sick inside. He wanted to beat them up. A spokesman for Wahlberg said Danny had been a real life gang leader and could more than handle Axl...ok...

George Lazenby and Dianna Rigg supposedly didn't get on well on the Bond set. Must have been awkward as Bond was supposed to be the most lovey dovey he's ever been.

I thought violence was Mark's thing. I guess it runs in the family.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Windsor and Wendy Richard. Well I think it was more of a case of Wendy having her nose put out of joint by Babs becoming the 'face' of Eastenders when she was there from the start.

Allegedly one of the Coronation Street veterans refuses to share any scenes with Anthony Cotton (Sean). Jack P Shepherd (David Platt) also smashed up a cardboard cut out of Cotton on Celebrity Juice.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kim and Aggie from 'How Clean is your House' apparently loathe each other in real life.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Baker absolutely HATES David van Day (from Dollar).

Joan Crawford and Bette davis famously didnt get along. There's a great book (the divine feud) about the two of them. Full of zingers andgreat bitchy quotes. Bette called joan 'an old c**ksucker' at one stage

I've read that book, highly recommend it:D

Cheryl and the other members of Bucks Fizz also hate Bobby (not sure of his name) the original band member.
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I thought violence was Mark's thing. I guess it runs in the family.
    Yep. Slight correction I should have said Donnie. Danny's his character! :D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Barbara Windsor and Wendy Richard. Well I think it was more of a case of Wendy having her nose put out of joint by Babs becoming the 'face' of Eastenders when she was there from the start.

Allegedly one of the Coronation Street veterans refuses to share any scenes with Anthony Cotton (Sean). Jack P Shepherd (David Platt) also smashed up a cardboard cut out of Cotton on Celebrity Juice.

Also, John Thompson (better known from the Fast Show and Cold Feet) has said some things about Cotton. I get the feeling he has his circle of friends and isnt too welcoming to others.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Also, John Thompson (better known from the Fast Show and Cold Feet) has said some things about Cotton. I get the feeling he has his circle of friends and isnt too welcoming to others.

We all saw how horrible he can be on I'm a Celeb.
  • ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Brian Wilde and Bill Owen apparantly did not get on in Last of the Summer Wine.

Owen was a dyed in the wool "Old Labour" man and Wilde was a Conservative

LOTSW nearly didn't even get started because Bill Owen and Michael Bates had the same problem. IIRC, they had a huge bust up that was so bad the person in charge of the show made them vow to never speak about politics in each other's prescence again.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    The beach boys always struck me as behaving pretty appallingly towards one another
    Despite the fact they were mostly family members.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    The beach boys always struck me as behaving pretty appallingly towards one another
    Despite the fact they were mostly family members.

They were very close.
    The dad was abusive towards them but Brian was very sad when Carl and Dennis died.

I get the feeling Mike love fell out with them a few years ago but they seem to have made up
  • ThornfieldThornfield Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Joan Crawford and Bette davis famously didnt get along. There's a great book (the divine feud) about the two of them. Full of zingers andgreat bitchy quotes. Bette called joan 'an old c**ksucker' at one stage

Didn't this feud turn to have been created by the media? I'm sure I read that somewhere and it's Bette who said it.
    Forum Member
    We all saw how horrible he can be on I'm a Celeb.

That was when it came to light. Thompson wrote something about Cotton showing his "true colours".
  • Vardon78Vardon78 Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Madonna and Janet Jackson. In 1994 when asked about Madonna in an interview with Vibe magazine, Janet said something along the lines of "my mother always told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all" as well as "If I did hate her, I'd have good reason to." Janet never elaborated on why she disliked Madonna so much. Legend has it that it was due to Madonna making some pretty disparaging remarks about Michael and the rest of Jackson family. Madonna was asked about the Vibe interview back in 1995 to which she replied that she had never met Janet nor knew any of her people. She called the remarks "transparent".

It is also been said that Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey did not get on during the filming of Batman Forever.
    Forum Member
    The recently deceased Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels. Kenny Baker said on several occasions that he thought Anthony Daniels was arrogant. I recall watching a Star Wars reunion documentary where they asked Daniels if he had a problem with Baker. He denied it but was still arrogantly dismissive of him.

The Charlie's Angels movie was a smash hit but it came out shortly after its release that things hadn't been calm on set. Bill Murray couldn't stand Lucy Lui who he thought was arrogant and talentless.

Lady Gaga said many nice words about Prince's passing but word is that he couldn't stand her!
  • Lamin_AtorLamin_Ator Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George and Zippy would never speak to each other outside of filming
    Forum Member
    Lamin_Ator wrote: »
    George and Zippy would never speak to each other outside of filming

Thats true. Mainly because it was the same bloke doing their voices! But also because they bloody hated one another.
  • Lamin_AtorLamin_Ator Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Thats true. Mainly because it was the same bloke doing their voices! But also because they bloody hated one another.

I heard Bungle had to be a go-between but he got depressed and killed himself
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    The recently deceased Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels. Kenny Baker said on several occasions that he thought Anthony Daniels was arrogant. I recall watching a Star Wars reunion documentary where they asked Daniels if he had a problem with Baker. He denied it but was still arrogantly dismissive of him.

There is a famous quote from Daniels from the set of Star Wars: "The mask doesn't go on until the dwarf is in the can". This has been trotted out for decades as proof of a feud, but I don't think it was ever verifiably sourced, and there's certainly no context to indicate whether it was an on-going snark, a moment of irritation, or a bit of good natured jesting. His tweet on the passing of Baker was carefully neutral, which might give credence to a feud. On the other hand, he did once comment favourably on how Baker managed to convey emotion through an ambulatory dustbin that could only whistle.

On the gripping hand, Daniels has a rep for being arrogant and caught up in his own self-importance, and his feelings towards Baker may have been no different to his feelings towards Hamil, Ford or Fisher...
    Forum Member
    soundcheck wrote: »
    There is a famous quote from Daniels from the set of Star Wars: "The mask doesn't go on until the dwarf is in the can". This has been trotted out for decades as proof of a feud, but I don't think it was ever verifiably sourced, and there's certainly no context to indicate whether it was an on-going snark, a moment of irritation, or a bit of good natured jesting. His tweet on the passing of Baker was carefully neutral, which might give credence to a feud. On the other hand, he did once comment favourably on how Baker managed to convey emotion through an ambulatory dustbin that could only whistle.

On the gripping hand, Daniels has a rep for being arrogant and caught up in his own self-importance, and his feelings towards Baker may have been no different to his feelings towards Hamil, Ford or Fisher...
    Yeah, I'd go with that assessment. But on that Star Wars reunion show neither seemed able to say anything affectionate about the other after all those years of working and doing conventions together.
  • Blanche.DuboisBlanche.Dubois Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seawitch wrote: »
    Marlene Dietrich and Elizabeth Taylor. My father was once asked to give a lift to Dietrich after her taxi didn't turn up. As they were driving past a poster for a Burton/Taylor film, Dietrich snorted and said: " She can't act."

Great story, thanks for sharing. :)