Options

Tom and Helen

kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With his ideas and her organisation and hard work, wouldn't they make a winning team in business?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    That's what I thought, I think they would make a great team.
  • Options
    James TJames T Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, at one point I thought Susan's cosmetics were going to get the win, and that then the other 3 could have made a go of it between them — Tom's ideas, Helen's organisation and Jedi Jim on sales. :cool:
  • Options
    CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    With his ideas and her organisation and hard work, wouldn't they make a winning team in business?

No, Helen doesn't like Tom. She was rude to him in the boardroom last week, she was bitchy to him the week before saying he had been naughty in the boardroom and she was a sour as hell tonight about him winning.
    Anyway, he wont need a secretary. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    No, Helen doesn't like Tom. She was rude to him in the boardroom last week, she was bitchy to him the week before saying he had been naughty in the boardroom and she was a sour as hell tonight about him winning.
    Anyway, he wont need a secretary. :D

I always thought that they got on, they seemed happy when working with each other on the last task.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    The new team is:

Tom to focus on products, manufacturing, ideas etc
    Sugar to focus on strategy, business model, channels, contacts etc

Helen doesn't add anything to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    LS has made a mistake. A much bigger one than hiring Michelle. It will cost him dear to get out of it. Tom will just be 'sucking' money away.
  • Options
    Zoltan SmithZoltan Smith Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would not be surprised if they get together
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »

I was just going to start a similar thread :) Think that Lord Sugar missed an excellent opportunity to create a winning partnership.

Tom + Helen.....a top class administrator plus a top rate inventor. If Tom has any sense his first job will be to hire Helen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I was just going to start a similar thread :) Think that Lord Sugar missed an excellent opportunity to create a winning partnership.

Tom + Helen.....a top class administrator plus a top rate inventor. If Tom has any sense his first job will be to hire Helen.

I wouldn't go that far - for either of them.
  • Options
    planetnokiaplanetnokia Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silkstone wrote: »

You're Jedied by Jim then :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    silkstone wrote: »

Agreed - and administrators of Helen's ability are absolutely everywhere. I certainly wouldn't swap the PA's I use for Helen, so not sure why Tom should be desperate to hire her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jelly_baby wrote: »
    I always thought that they got on, they seemed happy when working with each other on the last task.

He gets on well with everyone. It appears to me, from her language and expressions, that she doesnt like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    For a moment in the boardroom, I thought that he might ask them to work together - they wouldn't have to be best buddies to do that - she looked like she would have kept him focused and he would have added the flair. I suppose that might make her his PA though...
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    The new team is:

Tom to focus on products, manufacturing, ideas etc
    Sugar to focus on strategy, business model, channels, contacts etc

Helen doesn't add anything to that.

Helen can pitch Tom's curved file to La Redoute, Asda, Walmart, and hit the ball out of the park. The £700 millionaire cannot very well go around making such small pitches. It would embarass potential buyers to criticize anything or to say no.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He gets on well with everyone. It appears to me, from her language and expressions, that she doesnt like him.

They seemed to get on fine in tasks 6 and 7 - I think Helen was very, very stressed in task 11 so was a bit short tempered with him.
  • Options
    goldieloxgoldielox Posts: 8,425
    Forum Member
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Helen can pitch Tom's curved file to La Redoute, Asda, Walmart, and hit the ball out of the park. The £700 millionaire cannot very well go around making such small pitches. It would embarass potential buyers to criticize anything or to say no.

I saw an article a few days ago that stated Tom's nail file was brought out in 2004 and was for sale at Asda, Boots and two other big retailers so he did pretty well back then at pitching it himself I'd say. Interestingly the article also said that they believed he'd sold the product/product rights to someone else four years ago. That doesn't appear to be true however. I'll see if I can dig the article out again.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't rely on Helen's body language. Of all apprentices, she was the most difficult to read. It was all over the place through the series. I can hazard one guess: she liked anyone who did what they were supposed to do. Anyone who didn't, got on her nerves, regardless whether she personally liked them or not. She was one of the very few who consistently kept personal feelings out of work. Vincent was the worst at this. :D I don't believe Tom liked Jim, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    I wouldn't rely on Helen's body language. Of all apprentices, she was the most difficult to read. It was all over the place through the series. I can hazard one guess: she liked anyone who did what they were supposed to do. Anyone who didn't, got on her nerves, regardless whether she personally liked them or not. She was one of the very few who consistently kept personal feelings out of work. Vincent was the worst at this. :D I don't believe Tom liked Jim, though.

Body language of someone pretending to be what she isn't. Someone with little sense of self.

I didn't say Tom liked anyone. I said he got on with them, totally different thing.