Most Ignorant/Stupid comment made about Music you've ever heard?

15678911»

Comments

• misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To quote Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip's "Thou Shalt Always Kill"

Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals.
    No matter how great they are, or were.
    The Beatles were just a band.
    Led Zeppelin , just a band.
    The Beach Boys , just a band..
    The Sex Pistols , just a band.
    The Clash , just a band.
    Crass , just a band.
    Minor Threat , just a band.
    The Cure , just a band.
    The Smiths , just a band.
    Nirvana , just a band.
    The Pixies, just a band.
    Oasis , just a band.
    Radiohead , just a band.
    Bloc Party , just a band.
    The Arctic Monkeys, just a band.
    "The next big thing", just a band.

I used to love that song :o
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    A very mature response there.
    When I had previously made of your 'Beatles have no good songs but One Direction do' comment as being that of a 5 year old girl, I may not have been too wide of the mark there.

oh for god's sake. This is really petty and frankly embarrassing and if you're going to make a statement like that, you could atleast have the evidence to back it up. Now, where has Mandy said that 'the Beatle's have no good songs'?
    MandyXZ wrote: »
    There's no denying that the Beatles produced and sold millions of records and are the best-selling band in history, but that doesn't mean we all have to think they are the greatest singers of all time. IMO, they were dreadful as singers, many people will agree and that is fine.... many won't, that is also fine. :)

If I was to say..I like listening to 1D and think they are better singers than the Beatles,.... stating that would not be due to ignorance, it'll just simply be my opinion and preference in music.

No one is showing ignorance or lacking common sense for having different opinions and taste in music than yourself.
    You need to learn to accept that people have different taste in music, different opinions than yourself rather than resorting to immature comments just because some people will disagree with you. All my posts on this thread are based on opinions and personal preferences only, I've stated nothing as fact.

You may say the Beatles songs are good, (and I will respect that) I may say Beatles songs are not good.... both opinions are not wrong but both opinions are not facts either.(opinions are not facts)

John Lennon as a solo artist sang some great songs, Paul McCartney as a solo artist also sang some great songs but the Beatles as a group was not to my liking.

BTW, I'm not a 1D fan, I just simply prefer their songs than the Beatles.
    I am not basing my opinions on who is better at writing songs. I've no interest whether artists writes their own songs or not, who has sold more records, whether they are better musicians, who plays, who doesn't play etc etc.... all these things are insignificant to what goes on my ipod,

All I like is good songs and good singing voices. The Beatles IMO had neither of these things going for them (and I do stress in my opinion which I'm very much entitled to) so on that basis, stating that 1D are better than the Beatles is not ignorance. It's my opinion.... that you are entitled to disagree with.
    I will not hold it against you, :p

No, not bad taste, just different taste than you.

All Mandy has done is give her opinion in what is, quite frankly, a very tedious thread. Everyone's entitled to an opinion and just because someone has a different opinion to you, does not mean the other person is wrong or "ignorant". It's an opinion, not fact.

Now can you two please just agree to disagree and move on. It's getting embarrassing now.
  • MandyXZMandyXZ Posts: 86,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theshane wrote: »
    A very mature response there.
    When I had previously made of your 'Beatles have no good songs but One Direction do' comment as being that of a 5 year old girl, I may not have been too wide of the mark there.

Do you actually know the meaning of this word? Sadly, I don't think you do.

Try a dictionary. You have a lot to learn. And while you're at it, look up the word opinions.
  • TheshaneTheshane Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you actually know the meaning of this word? Sadly, I don't think you do.

Try a dictionary. You have a lot to learn. And while you're at it, look up the word opinions.

Everyone has opinions. Not all opinions are correct.
This discussion has been closed.