PlayStation 4 AD

Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Excellent as always, have always loved the way Playstations have been advertised.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that a lot.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant. Hope they use it over here as well, I think it would really work with UK audiences.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Brilliant. Hope they use it over here as well, I think it would really work with UK audiences.

Yeah until some prat contacts Ofcom.

Awesome ad and the system looks like its gonna be amazing rollon launch day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Yeah until some prat contacts Ofcom.

I think there's a chance the new Xbox / COD Ghosts advert might get in trouble. It shows a kid, who looks about 10 - 12, in a dentists chair enthusing about COD. Bit naughty when the game is PEGI 16.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a chance the new Xbox / COD Ghosts advert might get in trouble. It shows a kid, who looks about 10 - 12, in a dentists chair enthusing about COD. Bit naughty when the game is PEGI 16.
    I thought it was a woman lol

The implied finger up the bum might get complaints I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I like that a lot, and should avoid similar accusations of a lack of inclusiveness levelled at the US one, which, admittedly was a bit "Dude!.... Brah!"
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Really good ad :cool:
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Such a cool ad :)

Playstation is my childhood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They either got their PS2 late or were into Kasabian before they hit the big time!
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

Do we have a link for this ad ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Do we have a link for this ad ?
    There are a few of them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CALLOFDUTY/videos

The Dentist one is the one finger refers to. I'm pretty sure it is a grown woman.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-Cee wrote: »

Cool ad, but a shame that he hasn't moved out of his parents house when he must be nearly 30 now :p

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice the lack of games for his ps4 on the floor. Bit long winded ad for me, but good memories
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I guess it's just an internet ad as it's quite lengthy for a TV as break? Would be a good ad to play at half time of the Champions League or during X Factor results
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    They either got their PS2 late or were into Kasabian before they hit the big time!

I thought that at first, but that ffirst album came out in 2004 at which point ps2 was in it's heyday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Notice the lack of games for his ps4 on the floor. Bit long winded ad for me, but good memories

That's your digital future mate! No doubt there'll be a 30 second edit at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed it switches from 4:3 to 16:9 lol
  • wiimanwiiman Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I've just noticed the Playstation changes into a PS One, the Playstation 2 into a PS2 Slim and Lite, and the same for the PS3.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Cool ad, but a shame that he hasn't moved out of his parents house when he must be nearly 30 now :p

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I don't think its meant to be a continuation of the same timeline as he also doesn't age. I think it's more a collection of snap shots in time and ultimately showing that be it PS1, PS2 or PS3 many of us grew up with the playstation brand.

Also if you look closely you can see all the PS symbols throughout the video (starting with the X on the dart board), as well as different styles of domino's pizza boxes.

I have fond memories of getting my PS1 at christmas with battle arena toshinden, wipeout and ridge racer back in 1995 :D

It's easily between PS1 and SNES for my favourite old school games console.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I can play my old PS One discs via my PS2 and PS3/PSP/PS Vita but seeing the PlayStation Memories promo makes me want a proper old skool PlayStation again. Wish I never sold it. :(
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know I can play my old PS One discs via my PS2 and PS3/PSP/PS Vita but seeing the PlayStation Memories promo makes me want a proper old skool PlayStation again. Wish I never sold it. :(

You can pick them up for very little now - and soon enough you won't need to worry about dead optical drives in them, there's a device that plugs into the expansion port that all but the later models had, that will let you run disc images from an SD card!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New promo for da kidz innit.

http://youtu.be/x2HJKN3H7pg
  • Mrs Tesco ValueMrs Tesco Value Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Asmo wrote: »
    You can pick them up for very little now - and soon enough you won't need to worry about dead optical drives in them, there's a device that plugs into the expansion port that all but the later models had, that will let you run disc images from an SD card!
    But is there likely to be the issue of not every single game being compatible with this what you suggested? :confused: