HO: The Folly?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
Forum Member
For Hollyoaks historians, is the Folly - the place where Esther tried to commit suicide - the ruins from the church that Niall blew up?

If it isn't, did we know what it was before?

Comments

• Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amello89 wrote: »
    For Hollyoaks historians, is the Folly - the place where Esther tried to commit suicide - the ruins from the church that Niall blew up?

If it isn't, did we know what it was before?

Predates Nial by a few years the folly appeard when the set was extended in around 2003/04. A Folly as a decorative piece of architecture often built to look like old ruins.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    The Folly is much too small to be the ruins of the church. Also the church was quite a while away from Hollyoaks Village, a folly is something that's built to look like its old but it's actually not. That's my understanding of a folly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got no idea what it is, it just seemed to appear as a place for the maddie, Tilly at al hang out and for nancy and Darren to get married in
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In real life the Folly is part of the ruins of Childwall Hall, an ancient building which used to stand where Lime Pictures is today.
  • Clare D13Clare D13 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Predates Nial by a few years the folly appeard when the set was extended in around 2003/04. A Folly as a decorative piece of architecture often built to look like old ruins.

No it Didn't Its only started appearing in the last 2 years. It was never seen before.
  • GoingtothebeachGoingtothebeach Posts: 19,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's an interesting site about the ruins: http://www.childwall.info/childwall-hall/4576517933

I've wondered why they haven't made more use of it. It's very creepy. Would have been perfect for Silas.
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gobshite sixth formers all standing around being totes amazeballs has ruined the folly for me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's odd, I remember in 2011 one of the writers tweeting about the folly being a new set. They said it was the ruins of a pretty building.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember it appeared before then but it would be surprising if it hadn't since it's not a set. It is there at the studios and always has been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember it appeared before then but it would be surprising if it hadn't since it's not a set. It is there at the studios and always has been.

I can't remember it being used before the teens either.
    They'll still call it a set regardless, with their setup there and everything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't remember it being used before the teens either.
    They'll still call it a set regardless, with their setup there and everything

Oh I know I just meant that it would be surprising if they hadn't ever used it before then since it wasn't something they created especially in 2011 it's something that's been available to film in as long as the show has been there. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Thank you guys so much for answering my question. Much appreciated!!!
  • dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,074
    Forum Member
    what ever happened to the old skatepark type thing set near the subar is that gone too they used to have most of the teen scenes there