Television Rentals

Been looking into renting a tele for a communal area of the house I'm renting and we've decided we'd all like to chip in and rent a big tele for the lounge.

However it seems like nobody does this anymore. What happenned to Radio Rentals and Granada and Rumbelows? A google brings up a couple of companies not in my area.

Comments

• upnunderupnunder Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio Rentals is now known as Box Clever

www.boxclever.co.uk

I had my TV off them for about 5 years, cost me about £25 a month for a 28" TV and Video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Thats brilliant thanks very much!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of places that do still rent them out but my experience was that 12 months rental is about the same price as buying the same TV new (esp for the newer models). We ended up just buying the TV and then flogging it on ebay when we all went our seperate ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    upnunder wrote:
    Radio Rentals is now known as Box Clever

www.boxclever.co.uk

I had my TV off them for about 5 years, cost me about £25 a month for a 28" TV and Video.

Why did you pay £1500 to rent them when you could have bought them for a third of the price?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    If your considering renting a tv you should visit www.rentaldeals.co.uk. They will find the best priced tv rental in your area. 32" LCD TV's From £39.99 per month. Same model in dixons for £1046.34. You can upgrade whenever you like.
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ajsutch wrote:
    If your considering renting a tv you should visit www.rentaldeals.co.uk. They will find the best priced tv rental in your area. 32" LCD TV's From £39.99 per month. Same model in dixons for £1046.34. You can upgrade whenever you like.

Interesting site - but I wonder who has proof-read it - there are several glaring spelling and grammatical errors, and that's just on the page about LCD TV rentals!
  • upnunderupnunder Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul21 wrote:
    Why did you pay £1500 to rent them when you could have bought them for a third of the price?

It was just easier to rent them, I upgraded my TV for a new one every 18 months.
    I couldnt afford to buy a decent TV at the time.

I have now returned them and bought an LCD.

They served a purpose at the time though.