Best technical streamin quality for movie rentals

Last night I thought what the heck and paid £4.50 for Spectre in 'HD' from wuaki. I did I through a cashback site and might be £3 up! (But it hasn't tracked yet)

Quality was pretty poor - 720p (or 540p -quarter hd) with an overal mushy look to it

I'm used to 1080p from Netflix which is excellent.

Which vendors have the best image quality for the £4.50 rental of a 'HD' version - or are they all rubbish / a pirated version from row z would be the same / superior?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have never used Amazon Prime,Sony Play Station store or Wuaki to stream moves to rent so can't comment on them.
    I did use BT film twice to rent two films via the Youview box and the quality of the streaming was very good.
    My sister did use ITunes once for a film and said the quality was great but she 9 times out of 10 usually waits till the film comes on Netflix like I have started doing before watch it.

Darren
  • alexdn32alexdn32 Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Wuaki.tv is just awful. I get a free movie rental as part of my EE PAYG Tariff. Not used it since as the picture quality is dreadful.

Amazon. 1080p streaming no problem. Prime is fantastic quality too. Rentals are the same. You will see no difference from watching Netflix to watching Amazon.

Google, Really depends on internet connection and what you use to stream the movie. Chromecast is extremely good and is a lot better than Wuaki but just misses out on Amazon but it is not really noticable if you have v.good internet access.

Sony not tested

Sky Store is ok but very limited. If you view via NowTV it is only in 720p too.

Hope this helps
  • KDHKDH Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon great for me - picture good on HD and 5.1 audio from PS3 to my old AV receiver.
    Google pay good HD picture but only 2.1 sound through chromecast on my set up.
    Sainsburys - occasional HD drop outs and only 2.1 sound on chromecast.
    Sony Playstation store - good picture but oddly only 2.1 sound from PS3 to AV receiver which is not completely "Dolby digital" capable via optcal cable ( no HDMI on AV receiver)