Mixing UK, Irish and Australian Live Tv onto an Apple TV 4 App

ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just made an update to my m3u lists for the Apple TV and Tiago Martinho's fantastic free app "TV Streams".

I've added more UK live feeds, this time from Channel 4, e4 and Film4, along with some more News and Music channels.

Essentially, this allows Apple TV owners to have an app which will play the channels "they want", well, as long as we can get the m3u URLs for them, but I've been busy sourcing them out.

I've now got most of the FTA channels from the BBC, ITV and Four, along with Irish and many FTA Australian channels, all live.

So, think of this like your TV tuner, but instead of just local FTA terrestrial channels, it will mix them in with FTA channels from other countries like Ireland and Australia. It can be really trippy, flipping through the live channels and suddenly during the evening in the UK, have live Australian channels airing their breakfast shows.

It could also be one of the few places where you can channel hop between ABC News Australia and ABC News America (both completely different organisations!) or BBC News next to RTE News.

To make things really easy to set up, I've created "playlists" that will load channel bundles in, with the one called "Favourite English Channels" bundling all the main UK, Irish, Australian and News channels in one go.

It's free, and you can try it out here!

(Oh, you'll need a Smart DNS to get channels outside your country wherever that may be, but most of the good ones work).