Can you remember where you were when you watched the 40th anniversary live episode?

SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
Forum Member
With the 50th anniversary live episode nearly upon us it set me thinking. Can you remember where you were when you watched the 40th anniversary live episode? Obviously in front of a TV (I'm expecting some smart-arses to say this :D ), but did you watch with family, friends, in a pub etc? Were you living in a different place to where you live now?

I remember for the 40th I was living in Wales, where I was at uni. I watched the episode with my best mate on her TV after we rushed home from rehearsals lol.:D

This time I'll be watching the 50th with my mum back in the family home 'oop north'... Also this time I'll be watching on a large screen instead of the portable my mate had.:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In front of a TV ... :D
  • wends1502wends1502 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think I watched it. Was working overseas at the time. Is it on youtube?
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was 10 and watched it in the living room of the very house I'm in :)
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I did not see it. I did not really watch Coronation Street at the time but I remember the build up to it and I did want to see it but I missed it. Can anyone tell me what happened and what the actual themes of that particular program was? What were the main incidents and was it more humorous and light hearted than what will occur in tomorrow's episode?
  • JamieRoss1988JamieRoss1988 Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at my grandparents house, I was 12 at the time and still remember watching it :)

Also remember watching the first episode before the live episode too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I did not see it. I did not really watch Coronation Street at the time but I remember the build up to it and I did want to see it but I missed it. Can anyone tell me what happened and what the actual themes of that particular program was? What were the main incidents and was it more humorous and light hearted than what will occur in tomorrow's episode?

From what I can remember of the episode, there was a fight going on about the cobbles being removed and there was a protest about it which would have involved the majority of the cast.

I remember Dennis (Stringer?) and a load of his mates turning up on their motorbikes and riding down the street in support. Eileen was on the back of Dennis's motorbike (they were going out at the time and this was before he had his affair with Janice I think).

It was also the first appearance Peter Barlow ever made in the soap, but he only had a brief scene where he asked somebody if they knew where Ken Barlow lived.

Other than that, I can't really remember what else went on, although I'm sure there was something!

And in answer to the OPs question, 10 years ago when the 40th anniversary episode was shown, I was single, still living with my parents and I watched it on my little colour portable in my bedroom.

Tonight I will be watching it on a big flat screen TV, but as my husband will no doubt be watching sport of some kind in the living room, I will be in the bedroom again! :D