Options

The BBC must be sh!tting it

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that they had been campaigning for Nigel Farage?

They were to destroy the Tory vote to get their Party in. Trouble was they suddenly realised that UKIP were taking votes from Labour as well. Then they backed off ;-)
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    The BBC need to be punished, their behaviour has been disgusting

Why - if anyone should be it is Labour. They are desperately spinning the exit poll result as bad for the Conservatives and saying that this means Labour has a bigger right to govern. Even using bad maths - Balls and Harman failing to add up correctly.
  • Options
    AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    The champagne will have to be put back in the fridge at the BBC.
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why - if anyone should be it is Labour. They are desperately spinning the exit poll result as bad for the Conservatives and saying that this means Labour has a bigger right to govern. Even using bad maths - Balls and Harman failing to add up correctly.

That's why they mustn't be allowed anywhere near the levers of power lol
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hilarious thread.

Conservative supporters, not content with what is looking like a better than expected result, now want media organisations they don't like 'punished'.
  • Options
    Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aftershow wrote: »
    Hilarious thread.

Conservative supporters, not content with what is looking like a better than expected result, now want media organisations they don't like 'punished'.

Isn't that the tory way...destroy what they don't like...
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Punished?? Have we elected a dictatorship tonight that strikes down and "punishes" the media they don't like? I don't think so.

give it time.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Hilarious thread.

What a country this will be! The BBC punished, more zero hours contracts, everyone working until the age of 75. The sick and disabled facing the brunt of £12 billion of cuts What a sight to behold. Hope all is well in Surrey and Chipping Norton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a country this will be! The BBC punished, more zero hours contracts, everyone working until the age of 75. The sick and disabled facing the brunt of £12 billion of cuts What a sight to behold. Hope all is well in Surrey and Chipping Norton.

My feeling is...that this is very early days. I don't believe for a minute that the tories have got 309 seats...it simply sin't possible.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    Isn't that the tory way...destroy what they don't like...

Absolutely. Another Thatcher legacy trait.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    It really isn't. It is the gold standard. The best we have. Some people have an issue with balanced broadcasting it appears...

The Blair Broadcasting Corporation is balanced? Funniest thing I have read a
    all year.
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Is it necessary to have swearwords in a threads opening title?
  • Options
    heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even Andrew Marr considers the BBC as institutionally left wing. I think they do their best to be impartial, but there are inevitable lapses, and just as one must take Sky News's coverage with a small pinch of salt, so too we must with the BBC's.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Andrew Marr considers the BBC as institutionally left wing. I think they do their best to be impartial, but there are inevitable lapses, and just as one must take Sky News's coverage with a small pinch of salt, so too we must with the BBC's.

It's human nature, but certain BBC presenters cannot stop beaming when talking positively about the Tories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    The Blair Broadcasting Corporation is balanced? Funniest thing I have read a
    all year.

As I watch the BBC, I know it's balanced because I see lots ot Tory types on it...as well as left-wing voices.
  • Options
    Tom2023Tom2023 Posts: 2,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious thread.

No. The BBC is supposed to be neutral but they have been Ed Miliband's cheerleader for months. The TV news has been skewed and their radio & web coverage has been an absolute disgrace.

Time and again they have used the language of Labour to smear the Conservatives.

They even had a presenter bet the Davis Cameron, during an interview, £1,000 he wouldn't be PM today!!!

A public apology from the Chairman is the very least the public deserves.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An organisation who's headquarters is know as 'Media City' is unlikely to the right-aligned, what was wrong with 'Broadcasting House'?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    An organisation who's headquarters is know as 'Media City' is unlikely to the right-aligned, what was wrong with 'Broadcasting House'?

The BBC is just one of the tenants of MediaCityUK in Salford. Their HQ is still Broadcasting House in London.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Tom2023 wrote: »
    No. The BBC is supposed to be neutral but they have been Ed Miliband's cheerleader for months. The TV news has been skewed and their radio & web coverage has been an absolute disgrace.

Time and again they have used the language of Labour to smear the Conservatives.

They even had a presenter bet the Davis Cameron, during an interview, £1,000 he wouldn't be PM today!!!

A public apology from the Chairman is the very least the public deserves.

They have nothing to apologise for. Any bias is in the mind of the beholder.
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    It'll be interesting to see how tough the government goes at the BBC now. In coalition it was likely to be a licence fee freeze. Will be much tougher now, a big cut and significant scope cut to help the Commercial sector
  • Options
    msimmsim Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

For accuracy, the BBC HQ *IS* Broadcasting House in London. MediaCityUK is a studio complex in Salford owned by Peel Media. The BBC is a tenant of a number of buildings/studios on the site, with ITV being the other principle tenant. It does not form the headquarters of the BBC and I assume since the BBC do not own the site, they did not choose it's name.