Lauren Harries Is A Hooker?

Comments

• NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Could you show me a link that show this please! (for collection, i know - bit sad.)

http://lmgtfy.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But WHY does Lauren think she is really famous as she said on This Morning? Famous where??? I mentioned her name to a few people and they had NO idea who I was on about.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Forgive me if I don't watch those.........I have some pencils that need straightening up (it must be less boring).
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've a sister who appeared on 'Kilroy'. I glad she doesn't think she's all famous now like this Lauren character.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Tumbleweed*
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    I've a sister who appeared on 'Kilroy'. I glad she doesn't think she's all famous now like this Lauren character.
    A girl I went to school with was on Jeremy Kyle. She's more famous than Lauren Harries.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    A girl I went to school with was on Jeremy Kyle. She's more famous than Lauren Harries.

My friends parents were on The Vanessa Feltz Show.

They must be due a stint on CBB or IAC by now :D
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newwoman wrote: »
    My friends parents were on The Vanessa Feltz Show.

They must be due a stint on CBB or IAC by now :D
    I'll be on those shows before any of them.....I've just said hello to Bob off Emmerdale in the Co-op in the village. Beat that, Lauren Harries!:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    This is a message to Lauren.

Lauren, for a time, I was involved with trans support and consultation with the media, but chose to remain private. What you are doing isn't helping you, or anyone else in "our" position. Please, please don't pursue publicity at any price... you will ultimately be the loser, and there's only so much hurt one person can take.
  • NewBallsPleaseNewBallsPlease Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~annie~ wrote: »

Please, please don't pursue publicity at any price... you will ultimately be the loser........

That boat sailed long, long ago.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I'm not a follower of celebs and usually catch up on a story a while after it was news but, am I missing something with LH. I've just watched the This Morning link and I don't see anything duly untoward about her. At worst she seems to be the sort of person you have to fight to get a word in during conversations, no big crime. I certainly didn't like Phillip Schofield in that interview, he appeared to be almost sneering at LH. He didn't seem to respect her opinion either. Why wasn't her opinion any more valid than the expert psychologist, after all she has been through gender reassignment. Perhaps I'm missing something. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Lauren Harries.
    A gentle soul who grew up in an outrageously odd family on top of her gender issues. I have always quite liked her kind personality and I hope that she can find some sort of peace with herself.
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    She is / was 'famous' as such when she was built into a child prodigy and given a lot of air time and column inches in her youth based on the fact she was an antiques genius, something she later admitted was never true. There have been at least two documentaries about his / her life in the not too distant past plus a couple of reality show appearances and it is clear that she is at least 'well known' to people old enough to remember her from her childhood. She's a sad case IMO her mums some kind of fruit loop nutjob who has destroyed her life. Maybe she is pushing for PR and to get seen BUT she is certainly far more well known that some people here are insinuating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren Harries has the brass neck to go on television making an idiot of herself (remember the This Morning farce?) in front of millions, yet hasn't the guts to admit it's her who starts these 'have you seen/heard' threads or identify herself on a forum where no-one can even see her.[/QUOTE]

More info please on her on this site
    Don't worry Lauren, I love you. My ideal reality show would be if you got a job at Heather Mills' vegan restaurant. With hilarious consequences. Channel 4, are you listening?

haha why would they neccessarily be 'hilarious'. Not being rude or sneering at you but that made me laugh ! :D
    Forum Member
    It's her old identity of James Harries the fake child antiques prodigy that's remembered.

There isn't a vast number of people for whom the name Lauren Harries rings a bell or who would be aware of her effors to be famous as a transgendered adult.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    I'm feeling rather sorry for Lauren. She's clearly an intelligent woman with psychological problems, judging by her recent behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what threads has she started?
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~annie~ wrote: »

Lauren, for a time, I was involved with trans support and consultation with the media, but chose to remain private. What you are doing isn't helping you, or anyone else in "our" position. Please, please don't pursue publicity at any price... you will ultimately be the loser, and there's only so much hurt one person can take.

That is so true. At the start of the This Morning interview when she was SUPPOSED to be talking she was on about the transition and how emotionally hard that was which was quite sympathetic.

But when that doctor came on and she kept interuppting her I just wanted to grab her and shake her.

For people who don't know the interview was given against the background of a lot of sensational tabloid headlines about quite young people returning to school after living as a different sex. I, like a lot of people, thought from these headlines that it was completely wrong until I started listening to this doctor who was explaining really well about the medical aspect and how what was happening wasn't irreversible and also about how UK medicine lags behind on how it treats transexual youth and the actual physical problems it causes for them.

So I'm sitting there thinking, 'I never knew all this stuff, I understand now'. And I'm actually having my opinions changed and becoming more tolerant and understanding......and then this squawking mess comes on and interrupts hims saying something really interesting and important talking absolute rot.

I was so angry with her for that, what that doctor was saying should have had ten times more air time and she mucked it up for every other transexual who needed that information out there. Well done Lauren, nice one.
    Forum Member
    NativeMoon wrote: »
    It's her old identity of James Harries the fake child antiques prodigy that's remembered.

There isn't a vast number of people for whom the name Lauren Harries rings a bell or who would be aware of her effors to be famous as a transgendered adult.

Well yeah, but when she had gender reassignment it didn't erase her childhood (just her dangly bits)! Also as I say there were a couple of fly on the wall documentaries - notably the one by Keith Allen - and she has participated in some reality TV albeit making a car crash show of herself on for example that Sleb Hairdressers (can't remember name of....).

I think she's a lost little soul with an identity crisis. Probably due to the fact that her mum made her a false identity as a 'showbiz genius' as a child. Then she thinks it's down to her sexuality - albeit she seems happy to be a woman - and now she's seeking to fill the gap of something wrong with attention seeking. Having said that, if you've had a fair amount of TV exposure already and don't have that many job options, why wouldn't you seek out further exposure - it's just a job being a sleb after all, get seen in certain places, turn up to radio and TV interviews and get your pic in the papers (and your name on here) and you rake a bit of money in. Plenty of other people are doing it on far less interesting bases than Lauren, at least she's got a bizarre history and quite an extreme story to tell. Unlike say... Jhodie or Liz Jones.

I don't know why I feel the need to defend her because she is mad as a box of frogs and really hard to like BUT fairplay if she gets asked to do TV then that's up to the producers and she'd be mad not to take up the offer. And if she's pushing herself into the public eye - well, aren't they ALL?
    Forum Member
    That is so true. At the start of the This Morning interview when she was SUPPOSED to be talking she was on about the transition and how emotionally hard that was which was quite sympathetic.

But when that doctor came on and she kept interuppting her I just wanted to grab her and shake her.

For people who don't know the interview was given against the background of a lot of sensational tabloid headlines about quite young people returning to school after living as a different sex. I, like a lot of people, thought from these headlines that it was completely wrong until I started listening to this doctor who was explaining really well about the medical aspect and how what was happening wasn't irreversible and also about how UK medicine lags behind on how it treats transexual youth and the actual physical problems it causes for them.

So I'm sitting there thinking, 'I never knew all this stuff, I understand now'. And I'm actually having my opinions changed and becoming more tolerant and understanding......and then this squawking mess comes on and interrupts hims saying something really interesting and important talking absolute rot.

I was so angry with her for that, what that doctor was saying should have had ten times more air time and she mucked it up for every other transexual who needed that information out there. Well done Lauren, nice one.

I haven't watched the interview but it seems to me that many people I have known and heard of having gender reassignment are actually extremely vulnerable and unstable people. The fact that Lauren is a living example, in my opinion, should make surgeons and doctors stop being so trigger happy with gender re-assignment and maybe try to address the deeper rooted issues of why this person felt 'different' and decided it must be down to their sexuality. It's an easy hole to fall into if you feel really uncomfortable with yourself from a young age and start grasping at straws. Also, there was a docu recently which blatantly exposed the fact that some people who had began to question their gender feelings were hand held through the process and walked into reassignment by all those trained professsionals who work in the industry, only to realise later that they want to change back again. Seems to me they NEED those clients or they'd be out of a job.

Notwithstanding, respect and best wishes to anyone genuinely going through the trauma of needing gender reassignment or having successfully done so and feeling satisfied with the situation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LISABR123 wrote: »
    what threads has she started?

This one, and a couple of others. She goes by the FM name of AdamandEvil. Poor sod.
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched the interview but it seems to me that many people I have known and heard of having gender reassignment are actually extremely vulnerable and unstable people. The fact that Lauren is a living example, in my opinion, should make surgeons and doctors stop being so trigger happy with gender re-assignment and maybe try to address the deeper rooted issues of why this person felt 'different' and decided it must be down to their sexuality. It's an easy hole to fall into if you feel really uncomfortable with yourself from a young age and start grasping at straws. Also, there was a docu recently which blatantly exposed the fact that some people who had began to question their gender feelings were hand held through the process and walked into reassignment by all those trained professsionals who work in the industry, only to realise later that they want to change back again. Seems to me they NEED those clients or they'd be out of a job.

Notwithstanding, respect and best wishes to anyone genuinely going through the trauma of needing gender reassignment or having successfully done so and feeling satisfied with the situation.

I think you're doing the medical service an extreme injustice there... the hoops trans people have to jump through, figuratively, are huge, and the time taken to assess extremely lengthy. On top of all that, you have the inappropriate people who say all the right things and get missed entirely. Mind reading is not yet a part of gender therapy.

The vast majority of trans people are genuine cases who find their place in society and blend in, as I did. Some are exhibitionists and love the attention, but that isn't a trans trait... I'd say that Lauren displayed that attention-seeking persona long before her gender reassignment, which I don't for a minute doubt is genuine. I just think that her attention-seeking persona is doing other trans people no favours at all. I rather see more Hayley Croppers than Lauren Harrieses.
    Forum Member

Lauren wasn't even a young trans person. She was a famous precocious child, who underwent gender reassignment at age 23. She is not qualified to talk about the subject of trans youth. This Morning, in many ways, deserved what they got, but the trans community did not.
    Forum Member
    Lauren Harries didn't even go through the proper process for gender reassignment. Her mother convinced Lauren that she was a woman trapped in a mans body. The mother *counselled* her and signed off on paperwork using a fake identity and fake qualifications granted by the fake university that is the Harries homestead in Cardiff. Being well aware of the documentaries and having posted numerous links in the other recent thread, to me LH is a victim of the madness of her parents and her mother in particular. I said it in the other thread - there are far more credible transgendered people to talk to who are bonafide activists. The TM producers are seriously slack (a) they booked her without researching the circumstances of her own reassignment or (b) they knew and didn't care. They got more than they bargained for which they should have anticipated because of her infamy through cringeworthy tv appearances in the relentless quest to be famous. The case of Lauren Harries does more to harm the cause of transgendered people than it does to help it.