SO it is 'Season 5' then?

Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
Forum Member
The BBC are calling this series 5, the media are calling it series 5 and everyone on youtube calls it series 5!
Yet im sure i read a while ago that Moffatt was going to start again, and call it 'season 1'. well, if true, it clearly isnt working! it was a dumb idea anyway. can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno.

[Edit: 599 Posts :D. But I won't start a 600th post thread coz I can't be bothered]
  • mikkyhmikkyh Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series Fnarg :)

But yeah. I think it's stupid to take it back to series 1. I mean, classic who took it series by series...they didn't just reset it because they have a different doctor or director or whatever.

It's series 5 of the new series :)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll never be 'season' anything...;)
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Moffat did admit that everybody would call it series 5, but he said that from a production point of view, they are treating it as series 1 / 11.1
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 31 :P
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What he said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Season 5 of series 2
  • StalwartUKStalwartUK Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who: New Series (as in opposed to the Classic Series) Season 5.
  • Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Series 0.31beta
  • Salford_WhoSalford_Who Posts: 4,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's effectively the first series of Matt Smith's Doctor.
  • DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    The BBC are calling this series 5, the media are calling it series 5 and everyone on youtube calls it series 5!
    Yet im sure i read a while ago that Moffatt was going to start again, and call it 'season 1'. well, if true, it clearly isnt working! it was a dumb idea anyway. can anyone confirm this?

Moffat is calling it series 31. It's the guys making/selling the merchandise who want to call it series 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

QFT ! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    No,

This season is going to be called Series XP. It'll be stable and does everything we want.

Next year will be Series Vista. That won't last very long. A lot of people won't like it. It'll be too complicated and every episode starts by asking you "Are you sure you want to watch this episode?"

After that in 2012 will be Series 7. It'll be a little like Series Vista but you'll get into it quicker.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeray wrote: »
    No,

This season is going to be called Series XP. It'll be stable and does everything we want.

Next year will be Series Vista. That won't last very long. A lot of people won't like it. It'll be too complicated and every episode starts by asking you "Are you sure you want to watch this episode?"

After that in 2012 will be Series 7. It'll be a little like Series Vista but you'll get into it quicker.

and it was my idea!
  • steven87gillsteven87gill Posts: 1,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of see the logic of calling it series 1, but to have two season one's relatively close to one another is a bit messy from a merchandising point of view, unless BBC decide to retroactivley rebrand each previous season of doctor who based on the idea of 'Doctor Who Season 31 /11th Doctor 1st Series'

I think Stephen Moffats comments seemed to imply that renumbering the seasons back in 2005 was silly since the show wasn't really a reboot, it was a storyline continuation of the previous series so it wasn't simply season 1 it was Doctor Who Season 27, but the 9th Doctor's 1st(well, only) Series.

Now.

My Brain is starting to hurt.

So, lets Just call it Season 5. :D
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Keeray wrote: »
    No,

pawprint wrote: »
    and it was my idea!

:D:D

I'm not bothered about what the production team call it, as long as the DVD boxset is branded 'Season/Series 5' then I'm satisfied. I don't want a second 'Season 1' in my collection. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who 2005 Service Pack 3 :D
  • xRHBxxRHBx Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    It's the guys making/selling the merchandise who want to call it series 1.
    I'm sure those guys would want to go for the least confusing option, to maximize sales.
  • Captain BirdseiCaptain Birdsei Posts: 1,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a new series of Doctor Who. I don't care what they call it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's effectively the first series of Matt Smith's Doctor.

and with any luck the last!
  • QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now why did you have to go and say that? I'm looking forward to seeing Matt's interpetion of the Doctor and seeing what he brings to the table.

Will it be different to Tennant's? Hopefully yes. Not because I disliked Doctor 10, he's up there with the best, but because each Doctor is individual and unique from the ones before and the ones in the future.

You wouldn't know that Doctor 1 and Doctor 10 was the same man, but they are.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

God, we've barely got a look in of his Doctor yet and already people can't wait to get rid of him. Personally I think he's going to be a great Doctor if the trailers are anything to go by, and I have enough faith in the DW team (particularly Moffat) to 'know' that he wouldn't have been chosen loosely.

David Tennant was fantastic in the role but he had his fair share, he left at the right time. Let's stop clinging on to the past and appreciate what the present/future has to offer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He looks decent, so why should he only last one series and cause DW to end 7 years earlier. (Probs 7 Years, unless we get another Tom Baker)
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh dear! There's always one, isn't there?