silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    And isn't it rather unusual for an Irishman to support an English club?
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,091
    Forum Member
    It appears on initial viewing to be slightly better than the last series but that would not be difficult. So many questions..... what on earth is the accent is the footballer attempting? Would a forensic facility really allow someone claiming to be a relative access without ID? Are the staff at the facility all picked for their bad attitudes and chip on shoulder persona? Why Is Emelia Fox morphing into Joanna Lumley?

btw, for what it is worth, I don't reckon it is the footballer.... I reckon it is one of the management.

This is a recurring irritation for me. Random baddies / frauds / nutters are seemingly able to wander in and out constrained only by unlocked doors and the demands of the plot.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member

Not at all
    Many Irish people, particularly from Norn Iron support (usually) Manchester United or Liverpool
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope. Walk down any busy street in Ireland and you'll see that it's the norm.
  • clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Emilia Fox's new hair ages her ten years. Women seem to develop a penchant for awful hairdo's once they become mothers.

Her hair looks terrible, what was she thinking? She looks like a Tory wife.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    His accent is Northern Irish!

When he yelled out "which ****** covered up the corpse with a blanket" I thought he sounded a dead ringer for Brian Cox (the actor, not the science bloke).
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Lou_25 wrote: »
    agree this seems slightly better than the last series but the Scottish forensic bloke really bugged me when he complained about the police covering up the woman's body and potentially contaminating the evidence. He and Nicky then carried out all their scene examination in their white suits but with their hair totally uncovered!

This annoyed me.

I watched about 20 minutes of this episode. I always give the show a chance because its a genre I generally like, but yet again I really couldn't get into it. I don't know if its just because Emilia Fox really annoys me. I don't know why but I very rarely find myself able to sit through anything she's in (Pride and Prejudice and The Wrong Mans being the only two shows I can think of I enjoy).
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Not a programme that I usually watch but it seemed unnecessary to make a point of highlighting the Clarissa Mullery character, who worked in the forensic pathology lab, was disabled when we could all blatantly see she was in a wheelchair. They then seem to go out of their way establishing that though she was disabled, she was actually intelligent (so justifying her forensic pathology position). It was all a bit patronising.

I didn't see it like this at all. The new boss asked her "and what are you?" meaning what do you do in the organization, as he'd asked the Irish guy beforehand. She misinterpreted what he meant and had a go at him. I felt she took it in a patronizing way.

Watched this for the first time last night, and really glad I did, I was gripped. Thought Emilia Fox was wonderful, and I liked her hair, though I didn't see the old style. Saw her in the repeat of P&P on Drama, from 20 years ago, and she's still got a serene aura about her.

I thought the way they created Thames City FC with the Dolphin badge was really believeable. Mostly TV drama never gets a Football club right, but this did, it was impressive. The fans looked mean too, and it's an interesting storyline. I was expecting the gore, as I'd heard about it.
  • solaresolare Posts: 11,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It appears on initial viewing to be slightly better than the last series but that would not be difficult. So many questions..... what on earth is the accent is the footballer attempting?
    I think it's supposed to be a French accent, but it was awful.

Reminded me of El Geordio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXzRWlL7Z0
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you'll find many Scandinavians aswell as Irish (North and South) and folk from all over the world not only support but come over to watch English Football regularly.
    Osusana wrote: »
    Not at all
    Many Irish people, particularly from Norn Iron support (usually) Manchester United or Liverpool

True. But quite a few support the North London clubs, particularly Arsenal, as the Irish Counties of Kilburn and Archway and Holloway are in AFC's catchment area. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solare wrote: »
    I think it's supposed to be a French accent, but it was awful.

Reminded me of El Geordio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXzRWlL7Z0

LOL

Apparently.... the actor IS French. :confused:
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    Her hair looks terrible, what was she thinking? She looks like a Tory wife.

Emilia ? She looked as gorgeous as ever to me. But I am prejudiced, I would happily watch her doing anything, even just reading the shipping forecast. :)
  • TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    Not at all

Oh OK I stand corrected :)
  • greygrey Posts: 5,032
    Forum Member
    I watched it last evening and got thoroughly confused so I've just watched it again on I Player and it made more sense to me
    I'm now looking forward to tonight's episode
    I'll have to keep off the lager 'till 10 o'clock

Does anyone know which football stadium it was?
  • cgkcgk Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this Silent Witness or Spooks?
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who
    I am baffled as to who killed the au pair as I thought she wS in league with the killers?
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    I watched it last evening and got thoroughly confused so I've just watched it again on I Player and it made more sense to me
    I'm now looking forward to tonight's episode
    I'll have to keep off the lager 'till 10 o'clock

Does anyone know which football stadium it was?

According to http://thehivelondon.com/news/silent-witness-film-at-the-hive/ it was filmed at The Hive (Barnet), The Emirates (Arsenal) and The Valley (Charlton).
  • greygrey Posts: 5,032
    Forum Member
    Inkblot wrote: »
    According to http://thehivelondon.com/news/silent-witness-film-at-the-hive/ it was filmed at The Hive (Barnet), The Emirates (Arsenal) and The Valley (Charlton).

Thanks for that.
    Barnet's ground looks superb
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I didn't fully understand tonight but was there a conclusion to their investigation? It just seemed to stop.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who
    I am baffled as to who killed the au pair as I thought she wS in league with the killers?

Yeah the episode left me with lots of questions, it didn't feel finished to me.

Who killed the au pair?
    What did the blackmail over the sex tape have to do with things?
    How did the agents get involved and why were they killed when they were?
    Who really was doing the blackmailing if the au pair was already dead?
  • rtms77rtms77 Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't fully understand tonight but was there a conclusion to their investigation? It just seemed to stop.

These episodes are all two parters, hence the stopping for no apparent reason.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    Yeah the episode left me with lots of questions, it didn't feel finished to me.

Who killed the au pair?
    What did the blackmail over the sex tape have to do with things?
    How did the agents get involved and why were they killed when they were?
    Who really was doing the blackmailing if the au pair was already dead?

I took it that Isaac's agent/Sami killed the au pair. She was no longer useful in their blackmail/kidnap plots.

The blackmail was for the same reason as the kidnapping - to fund terrorism.

The agents were Mossad and were following the terrorists to kill the football agent and his nephew before they funded any terrorism against Israel. They weren't killed, they just drove away having killed the terrorists with what seemed to be tacit agreement and knowledge of UK government.

Isaac's agent and his nephew were doing the blackmail to get funds for terrorism.Isaac just handed him the £120,000 and told him to deal with it, he didn't need to do anymore, just keep the money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew it was Mossad from the get go. (clever me) however.... was it just me or when the terrorist spat in the footballers face did the footballer wipe the wrong side from where the 'deposit' was?

It was all a bit daft and annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    rtms77 wrote: »
    These episodes are all two parters, hence the stopping for no apparent reason.
    Sure, but this WAS the second part.
  • Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Lou_25 wrote: »
    ........... He and Nicky then carried out all their scene examination in their white suits but with their hair totally uncovered!

Yes, I found that a bit odd too. I suppose the directors bent the rules so we could see the characters but it was a bit daft and such an obvious mistake.