Gene Wilder Has Died at 83

13»

Comments

• dingleboydingleboy Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    An all round nice guy by all accounts, during breaks in filming Wonka he would spend time entertaining the young and nervous cast .

I think he got a small role in Bonnie And Clyde, I'll check.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    dingleboy wrote: »
    An all round nice guy by all accounts, during breaks in filming Wonka he would spend time entertaining the young and nervous cast .

I think he got a small role in Bonnie And Clyde, I'll check.

Bonnie and Clyde was his debut and even then he showed his comedic skills as an undertaker who is taken hostage by Bonnie and Clyde.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a comment on the risable DM website that a person had said: Which I loved

He was the best chocolate in the Hollywood Box.

Goodbye Mr. Wonka..:)xxx
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Another one of the stars from childhood gone.

I LOVED Gene Wilder in Charlie and the chocolate factory must have watched it nearly 100 times!

A film that will never get old to me.

I think the remake of it was much too soon and a pale imitation.
    Forum Member
    The scene in Blazing Saddles where he talks about his reason for giving up gunfighting after an encounter with a 6 year old always has me crying with laughter. His delivery of the punchline was brilliant.
  • Rebel HamsterRebel Hamster Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I love Gene Wilder, he is one of my favourite actors of all time and was so upset when I heard he died. He is a great actor and I've seen a lot of his films which are all very good but in particular I like The Woman in Red and Blazing Saddles. Although Johnny Depp is a good actor, I found his Willy Wonka creepy and it just didn't feel right. No-one can match up to Gene's version of Willy Wonka!

What a truly nice and funny man. Thanks for all the laughs. RIP Gene!
    Forum Member
    I love Gene Wilder, he is one of my favourite actors of all time and was so upset when I heard he died. He is a great actor and I've seen a lot of his films which are all very good but in particular I like The Woman in Red and Blazing Saddles. Although Johnny Depp is a good actor, I found his Willy Wonka creepy and it just didn't feel right. No-one can match up to Gene's version of Willy Wonka!

What a truly nice and funny man. Thanks for all the laughs. RIP Gene!

Gene had a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, whereas didn't.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad, a funny and talented actor. RIP.