The US Ratings Thread (Part 1)

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only show that ever blew friday's ratings out of the water was Ghost whisperer. That show used to get well over 2.0 and even by the final episode that aired, it got a 1.8/1.9

Grimm has always aired on a friday, but for a short time, it aired it's first 4 episodes of season 2 on Monday. But the demo's and ratings were no different on a Monday, then they were on a Friday.

Through you salv, i have learned low demo's are ok for Friday but can't help but feel Hawaii's are showing to be lower than what an average friday should really have.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday finals will be released later.

Sunday early ratings:

CBS:
    60 Minutes- 12.04m (1.5)
    Madam Secretary- 12.59m (1.4)
    The Good Wife- 10.69m (1.4)

ABC:
    Americas Funniest Videos- 6.62m (1.5)
    Once Upon A Time- 7.41m (2.5)
    Ressurection- 4.54m (1.2)
    Revenge- 5.24m (1.3)

NBC:
    Football Night- 6.20m (1.8), 8.95m (3.1), 14.47m (5.0), 17.30m (6.2)

FOX:
    Football Overrun- 15.64m (5.3)
    The OT- 8.19m (3.1)
    The Simpsons- 6.59m (2.9)
    Brooklyn Nine Nine- 3.96m (1.8)
    Family Guy- 3.60m (1.9)
    Mulaney- 2.01m (0.9)

I'm a bit confused. I am sure a few weeks ago, Family Guy was either equal or beating The Simpsons. Has some major thing happened in the Simpsons? Why the increase?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a Futurama crossover on The Simpsons.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the ratings for The Comeback available yet?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday finals. Blue Bloods adjusted down, Shark Tank up.

CBS:
    The Amazing Race- 6.05m (1.2)
    Hawaii Five 0- 8.95m (1.2)
    Blue Bloods- 11.51m (1.3)

ABC:
    Last Man Standing- 6.67m (1.3)
    Cristela- 4.95m (1.0)
    Shark Tank- 7.80m (2.0)
    20/20- 6.94m (1.7)

NBC:
    Dateline- 7.87m (1.4)
    Grimm- 4.93m (1.3)
    Constantine- 3.14m (1.0)

FOX- All repeats

CW:
    Who's Line- 1.41m (0.5)
    America's Next Top Model- 1.08m (0.4)

The Walking Dead on AMC got 13.53m (7.0).
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the only show that ever blew friday's ratings out of the water was Ghost whisperer. That show used to get well over 2.0 and even by the final episode that aired, it got a 1.8/1.9

Through you salv, i have learned low demo's are ok for Friday but can't help but feel Hawaii's are showing to be lower than what an average friday should really have.

Don’t forget Shark Tank. It often gets a 2.0 rating and is a lot cheaper to produce than a drama or a sitcom, so its a real winner for ABC.

As for Hawaii Five O, 1.2 is a bit low for a Friday, but still acceptable I’d say. I think you have to look at the bigger picture though – it’s now in it’s 5th season so production costs are going to be high (crew and cast). Plus it’s syndication package is done. If CBS can get a new drama to pull in 1.2 then I think they’d be happier. Same goes for Blue Bloods.
    I’ve grown somewhat attached to Hawaii Five O, even went to Hawaii a couple of years ago and visited the set, I’d be sad when it finally comes to an end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/11/11/tv-ratings-monday-the-blacklist-the-originals-gotham-scorpion-down/326135/
    1.5 for The Millers. Going by past CBS's sitcom performances, that is lowish for a CBS sitcom. 2 broke girls and Mom earn higher although Mom never used to and sometimes even earned around 1.4/1.5 for it's first season. Even How i met your mother never got that low in it's 9 year run. I'll be honest, i hated this week's episode and never even made it to the end. If The Odd Couple does really well this midseason, i think The Millers will be gone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, not a very good night for CBS. Scorpion was actually the only show to hit 2.0!

CBS:
    2 Broke Girls- 7.64m (1.9)
    The Millers- 6.52m (1.5)
    Scorpion- 10.04m (2.0)
    NCIA LA- 8.17m (1.5)

ABC:
    DWTS- 13.38m (2.1)
    Castle- 9.65m (1.7)

NBC:
    The Voice- 11.36m (3.2)
    The Blacklist- 9.69m (2.5)

FOX:
    Gotham- 6.30m (2.2)
    Sleepy Hollow- 4.60m (1.5)

CW:
    The Originals- 1.54m (0.7)
    Jane The Virgin- 1.22m (0.5)
  • AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Blacklist/Scandal face-off come February is going to be interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS are not the top network they once were this season. A lot of their shows are falling below the 2.0 point compared to last season.

I think the network truly kicking ass is ABC. Their shondaland and comedy nights have turned them into a force to be reckoned with

NBC and FOX are all over the place. The CW are doing perfectly fine. Jane remains incredibly inconsistent though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABC are all over the place as well. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are increasingly messy for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    ABC are all over the place as well. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are increasingly messy for them.

Once upon a time saves them for sunday
    But i agree, Mon and Tues are not brill. But their wednesday and Thursday schedules alone pretty much put them above rank then their rivals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABC's Sunday night average is less than CBS' Monday night average. Its also below ABC's Monday night average. Once Upon A Time might be holding its head above water (for now) but everything else on the night is a disaster.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're in a funny place with Dancing with the Stars - it seems to have stopped bleeding viewers but now they have to decide whether to cut a season per year to try something else which could do better and bring in more revenue. The presence of The Voice and potentially The Big Bang Theory during the first few weeks of the Fall may convince them to stick with what they know.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,420
    Forum Member
    2 broke girls is safe from getting cancelled right....? Or is it in trouble?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    They're in a funny place with Dancing with the Stars - it seems to have stopped bleeding viewers but now they have to decide whether to cut a season per year to try something else which could do better and bring in more revenue. The presence of The Voice and potentially The Big Bang Theory during the first few weeks of the Fall may convince them to stick with what they know.
    I think they should probably try and launch something new in the Spring anyway where (in theory at least) there would be slightly less pressure than a Fall launch. NBC did something similar with the launch of The Voice a few years ago. The bigger problem is the general lack of new formats to replace Dancing with the Stars so they don't really have anything to put in its place. They were essentially betting the farm on Rising Star and we all know how that went.
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    It'll have 96 episodes by the end of the season. I'd be surprised if Warner Bros. didn't push for at least a shortened final season to push it past 100 for the extra syndication dollars. Also of the 6 comedies CBS currently have on the air 2 Broke Girls will probably be the fourth (or maybe third) best rated one this week and one of the three above it is definitely ending this season. I suspect its safe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

It will be safe. According to Tv by the Numbers, they rate each channel and their shows chances. The headings are:

- Certain renewal
    - Likely renewal
    - On the Bubble
    - Likely cancellation
    - Certain cancellation

CBS:
    Certain renewal- Scorpion, 2 Broke Girls, NCIS, Mom, Criminal Minds, NCIA LA, The Millers (HOW?) and Person of Interest... Big Bang already renewed and The Mentalist and 2 and a Half Men on their final season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Millers is all syndication based. CBS own it and will want to push it through to at least 88 episodes and make the back end profit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBS:
    2 Broke Girls- 7.55m (1.9)
    The Millers- 6.48m (1.5)
    Scorpion- 10.08m (2.0)
    NCIA LA- 8.22m (1.5)

ABC:
    DWTS- 13.30m (2.0)
    Castle- 9.52m (1.6)

NBC:
    The Voice- 11.48m (3.2)
    The Blacklist- 9.75m (2.5)

FOX:
    Gotham- 6.35m (2.2)
    Sleepy Hollow- 4.65m (1.5)

CW:
    The Originals- 1.46m (0.7)
    Jane The Virgin- 1.22m (0.5)

Impressed that The Originals and JTV held. That is good for TO! Should we see boosts for most CW shows this week? I doubt Arrow would increase! I can't remember the last time it got higher than 1.1! (which it got last week), but with TO going up, should we see a rise for TVD?

Predictions...

CW...
    The Flash- 1.3
    Supernatural- 1.1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worth remembering that The Originals was pre-empted for football last week which is likely to at least partially explain its growth this week (football deflated its audience last week).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX have made a change to their sunday timeslot

Mulaney will now air at 7:30 and Bob's Burgers will now air at 9:30, so both have swapped places

I wonder if this move may see a rise for Bob's Burgers, as Family guy is it's lead in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    300,000 viewers tuned into the return of The Comeback
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    It will be safe. According to Tv by the Numbers, they rate each channel and their shows chances. The headings are:

- Certain renewal
    - Likely renewal
    - On the Bubble
    - Likely cancellation
    - Certain cancellation

CBS:
    Certain renewal- Scorpion, 2 Broke Girls, NCIS, Mom, Criminal Minds, NCIA LA, The Millers (HOW?) and Person of Interest... Big Bang already renewed and The Mentalist and 2 and a Half Men on their final season.

Interesting that NCIS:LA is a certain renewal, its having a very bad season (by its standards) and already has enough episodes for syndication deals. I guess CBS know its a been a consistent strong performer for 4 years they’re willing to put its current performance down to a its day/time slot.
    The Millers is all syndication based. CBS own it and will want to push it through to at least 88 episodes and make the back end profit.

But it’s only just started its second season, there’s a loooonng way to 88 episodes! Your theory is a solid one for a programme of its type in its 3rd season where just one more renewal would push it into syndication territory, but The Millers is still a long way off from that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Interesting that NCIS:LA is a certain renewal, its having a very bad season (by its standards) and already has enough episodes for syndication deals. I guess CBS know its a been a consistent strong performer for 4 years they’re willing to put its current performance down to a its day/time slot.
    NCIS: LA also has a massive syndication deal in the US and because of the NCIS branding pulls in big overseas sales as well. I'd guess they'll move it to Friday or Sunday and squeeze out as many episodes as possible before they cancel it.
    But it’s only just started its second season, there’s a loooonng way to 88 episodes! Your theory is a solid one for a programme of its type in its 3rd season where just one more renewal would push it into syndication territory, but The Millers is still a long way off from that.
    Its also the only sitcom currently on their air that CBS Studios outright owns. I would be utterly astonished if CBS don't push it through to syndication.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to household ratings...

- Supernatural didn't as well as expected for its 200th episode
    - The Flash is strong as always
    - Forever hit a low :(
    - New Girl and Mindy dropped again from last weeks which was helped by a lot of repeats for competition
    - Chicago Fire tied its SERIES high (from December 2013) due to following The Voice directly.