HO what direction should they take Ste in?

2»

Comments

• PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem like they are keeping him on just because the actor is a nice bloke and doesn't want to leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KR will never take the plunge as he isn't that good and will never have the huge popularity and almost shielded setting his has at HO just for being a hanger on for one of HO most popular characters ever.

Like I said before if he really cared about his Stendan fans, he would leave with Emmett in my opinion.

i'm sorry, but i find this view a bit silly. ste was popular and a core character in the show long before brendan ever showed up, and why would kieron choose to leave a steady, secure, well paying job which he has been at for over 7 years now, has a strong fanbase in his own right from, and close personal relationships with everyone behind the scenes too? "if he really cared about stendan fans"?.....he's a human being with a job:rolleyes: and considering most people really believe that brendan is going to die, i don't see how kieron giving up his living would "please" stendan fans. certainly not more so than him acting out the fallout and aftermath of the love of ste's life's death - especially when you consider that he'll be the only person left in the village to actually give a flying shit what with all of brendan's other ties being gone too...
    the only reason that any fan of kieron richardson would be pleased at him leaving HO was if he went because he got a better job somewhere else:rolleyes: (or if ste's character was being rediculously written and painfully used)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to bring Amy back full-time, with Leah and Lucas. Kill Doug off - and have Amy & the kids return to support Ste in the aftermath of his partner's death.
  • Cheesey PeppersCheesey Peppers Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I hope once Brendan leaves people will see how weak his acting is or are they going to have his every scene to revolve around Brendan for the next 7 years lol
  • bonyo0030bonyo0030 Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i want ste to have a substance abuse storyline,and please not weed.i think addiction sl will fit really well after the devastation of loosing everyone. if ste turns to drugs to num the pain and eventually become a complete addict ,this can even progressed to prostituting himself for drugs after loosing everything.we can then see him build his life back from scratch again.that by itself if they pace the progression to the bottom and the raise back can be another two year storyline.and who know he can get infected with hiv during his darkest drug and prostitution time which can change the dimension of the character completely,we can have a story a bout a young guy living with hiv ,dating and maybe finding love again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    i think kieron's always been a very strong actor when handling dark stuff. that's when ste's at his best i think. i remember how brilliant his domestic abuse storyline with amy was all those years ago, and then how emotionally fragile he was when that couple were trying to scam him into giving them lucas. i thought he was great then, because he made me feel for him so much, and i think he's still great now. one of the show's strongest characters and actors imo.

i agree with the majority here - i want to see a dark aftermath sl. not where he reverts to being violent and abusive, but one where he hurts himself.
    i love the two suggestions from the above posters, one about falling into addictions and prostituting himself and then having to live with hiv, and the other from the previous page about depression and cutting himself and then ending it in the bathtub in a "bittersweet" type of scene. both of those suggestions sound wonderful, and keiron would be brilliant with either of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    scamrasc wrote: »
    i'm sorry, but i find this view a bit silly. ste was popular and a core character in the show long before brendan ever showed up, and why would kieron choose to leave a steady, secure, well paying job which he has been at for over 7 years now, has a strong fanbase in his own right from, and close personal relationships with everyone behind the scenes too? "if he really cared about stendan fans"?.....he's a human being with a job:rolleyes: and considering most people really believe that brendan is going to die, i don't see how kieron giving up his living would "please" stendan fans. certainly not more so than him acting out the fallout and aftermath of the love of ste's life's death - especially when you consider that he'll be the only person left in the village to actually give a flying shit what with all of brendan's other ties being gone too...
    the only reason that any fan of kieron richardson would be pleased at him leaving HO was if he went because he got a better job somewhere else:rolleyes: (or if ste's character was being rediculously written and painfully used)

Preach! Agree totally!

, Ste was one of my faves before Brendan & Mitzeee arrived.. he's a great character IMO

Love KR and think he could do well outside of Hollyoaks but glad he's sticking around
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dellyb wrote: »
    Preach! Agree totally!

, Ste was one of my faves before Brendan & Mitzeee arrived.. he's a great character IMO

Love KR and think he could do well outside of Hollyoaks but glad he's sticking around

mine too! infact he was my number one favourite character before brendan and mitzeee turned up. then it became 1.brendan 2.mitzeee 3. ste.

i'm sure ste will do just fine :) 5+ years of non-brendan related scenes didn't seem to harm him...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    I like him.... Kieran Richardson is a fine actor and the best looking guy on my tv screens so he needs new stories!!! new love interest!!! :):D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I like him.... Kieran Richardson is a fine actor and the best looking guy on my tv screens so he needs new stories!!! new love interest!!! :):D:D:D:D

a new love interest is the last thing i want for him. it's all he's had for the past few years now. it's about time he got a real storyline that doesn't revolve around who he's sleeping with.