Options

What films are being remade

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
Forum Member
Poltergeist is apparently getting a remake next year. What other films are being remade?

Comments

• Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that they were planning on remaking Child's Play as well as a 2nd remake of Day Of The Dead. They are also remaking IT (based on the Stephen King novel)
  • Options
    Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they will do Child's play remake, with Child'play 7 being made now! sequel to last Chucky movie.

The Goonies are getting remade Gremlins,. also heard Halloween 3 is a reboot!
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard they're rebooting both The Mummy and Van Helsing, and they may exist in a shared universe.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    All of them by the looks of things. They don't appear to do original films any more.
  • Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hellraiser is getting a reboot of the original film.

I've heard rumours of a Saw reboot but I don't see why they would (except cashing in obvs).
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellraiser is getting a reboot of the original film.

I've heard rumours of a Saw reboot but I don't see why they would (except cashing in obvs).

Oooh I love that film
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise they were remaking Rosemary's Baby until I saw a clip ealier.

A somewhat coarser affair by the look of it.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind sequels , they're often good , but remakes rarely are , and they're often just rubbish .

usually I think it's only worthwhile if there's a good reason , for instance I really think they should remake the Dambusters , the original is great but the FX are pretty poor , so they could improve that and it's been over 50 years since the original .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumour mill has it that Lethal Weapon is being remade with Liam Hemsworth !!!
    All I'll say is:

WHY?!!! Just Why...
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I don't mind sequels , they're often good , but remakes rarely are , and they're often just rubbish .

usually I think it's only worthwhile if there's a good reason , for instance I really think they should remake the Dambusters , the original is great but the FX are pretty poor , so they could improve that and it's been over 50 years since the original .

No, it would only ever be about the effing dog. Besides, the original was filmed with real Lancasters, and no remake could ever achieve that. And apart from the dodgy waterspout effects during the actual raid, and the painted-out (hand done, frame-by-frame!) bombs - they were still secret at the time - the effects aren't too shabby.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Rumour mill has it that Lethal Weapon is being remade with Liam Hemsworth !!!
    All I'll say is:

WHY?!!! Just Why...

Chris Helmsworth.

It's half remake / half sequel if that's possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Chris Helmsworth.

It's half remake / half sequel if that's possible.

I heard that his character is playing Mel Gibson's son. I wonder if his character was the baby who was born at the end of Lethal Weapon 4
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hellraiser is getting a reboot of the original

It will tear your soul apart.