Options

Things forum members do that drive you mental?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who start their reply with Oh Really or Actually

you just know its going to be a tirade.

People who quote your post then reply beneath each sentence you have written.

Grr!!!

:rolleyes: and that little shi*e to the left!
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    The worst thing on DS is the little cliques that have formed.I've never seen it as bad as this on other forums I use.Certain posters seem to have "fans" that wade into a thread to provide back up.There's also the childish over use of the ignore function.If you can't read a thread without getting so worked up and annoyed then forums really aren't the place for you.
    Oh really! Someone else who's bitter that they didn't get a mention in the forum characters' thread!:D

You're on ignore by the way! :mad::D:D:D

I've sent you a PM about it.

Mandark!
  • Options
    benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    iHelix wrote: »
    People who seem to think that the longer you've been on DS, the more authority you have to do what you please!!

Yes and I hate members who boast about how long they have been on DS.

Members who boast about post counts.

When you make a comment on something you dont like on DS, they say "Why comment if you dont watch or like it". That wont stop me commenting. I commented on the state of a programme I dont watch anymore and got that above phrase thrown at me by others, and I was accused of being a troll. WTF?? Just for giving my opinion?
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who start a reply with 'er...'

And people who go into a thread just to say the topic is boring, has been discussed before or they don't like what people say in those sort of threads. Just stay away, then!
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    People who start a reply with 'er...'

And people who go into a thread just to say the topic is boring, has been discussed before or they don't like what people say in those sort of threads. Just stay away, then!

Similarly, people who go into X-person-has-died threads and say " who's s/he - never heard of him/her" :(
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Oh really! Someone else who's bitter that they didn't get a mention in the forum characters' thread!:D

You're on ignore by the way! :mad::D:D:D

I've sent you a PM about it.

Mandark!

LOL I've no idea what the forum character thread is ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    People who come into a thread just to tell the OP he is an idiot for not searching for similar topics, and sometimes they leave a link to another thread on the issue. If the OP has not searched for other topics, then that is his own fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thread titles that don't describe the gist of the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Members who follow you around DS and make snide references to your posts. To me, that is stalkerish.

Yes I hate it when people make references to a DS member in a thread asking "Oh weren't you the one who once said you had a drug problem once?". That is creepy and stalker like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    LOL I've no idea what the forum character thread is ?
    This one! You might be in it. I haven't checked! :)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1048544
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DS members who start their posts with erm or er then ridicule what you posted and state the obvious in a smarmy way like "erm, well obviously. You are telling us thing we all can gather". If they havent got anything nice or reasonable to say they should keep shut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Refer to in-jokes with their pals.

You kinda get the impression that folk are laughing at you for not knowing what they're laughing at.

If its that funny let us all know.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    This one! You might be in it. I haven't checked! :)
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1048544

Ahhhhhhhhh I see what it is now.It's for backslapping and big upping posters.I don't get into all that shite :)
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benny1982 wrote: »
    DS members who post something then erase it and put "Deleted". Why??:mad::mad:

I've had to do that a few times when I feel I may have been a bit strong, too strong to have been compliant with the T&C's and to avoid the curtailment of my posting rights. ;) I have had two temporary bans and a wrist slapping from the mods but not since the end of 2006 so I don't know if I'm still on the three strike rule... :eek:

What irks me is the spelling and grammar gestapo and the trigger happy alerters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,716
    Forum Member
    Why worry peeps

Life is to short
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sprogg wrote: »
    What irks me is the spelling and gramma gestapo and the trigger happy alerters.
    'Grammar'.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girth wrote: »
    'Grammar'.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    :mad::mad::mad::D
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Touche.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Touche.

Lol :D
  • Options
    SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Grammar'.

Yeah I changed that... :o

It always has to happen, spelling something wrong when you're on about spelling...

A big :rolleyes: for you. :p
  • Options
    piperpiper Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Introducing facts, it's not clever or nice.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS members who post something then erase it and put "Deleted". Why??:mad::mad:
    iHelix wrote: »
    * When someone makes a post and then changes it to 'Delete' about a minute later. WTF is the point?!

OK I can provide one explanation for this.

If you're like me and you constantly have to edit yourself because you have a habit of posting comments that a minute later you regret, sometimes you have to get rid of the offending post pretty damn quick. If you take time to explain why you've deleted something someone may quote the original comment whilst you're doing it.

Sometimes if you can't think of anything brief to post 'deleted' is the quickest way of making sure no one will quote what you've said.

DS members who are rude under the guise of they are just being straight talking.

I swear I'm working on this one.

Things that annoy me:

The rolls-eyes smiley.
    The spelling and grammar nazis.
    The swearing nazis.
    Patronising and smug posters.
    Posters who think they can't possibly be nasty, vindictive, patronising, rude bastards because they don't resort to swearing or losing their temper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sprogg wrote: »
    I've had to do that a few times when I feel I may have been a bit strong, too strong to have been compliant with the T&C's and to avoid the curtailment of my posting rights. ;)I have had two temporary bans and a wrist slapping from the mods but not since the end of 2006 so I don't know if I'm still on the three strike rule... :eek:

What irks me is the spelling and grammar gestapo and the trigger happy alerters.

I got a 2 day ban back in February so I am on Stage 1 as we say but havent had any bans since. Touch wood.

As I said, I hate the self appointed forum gestapo who tell you where to post certain topics, requote the rules to you or threaten to Alert the topic unless you delete it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who call other people who do things they don't like 'nazis'.