Doi the final: offical discussion thread for Sunday 28/3/10 19.45 -22.00

vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
Forum Member
Who will tonight?

Hayley

will anyone be voting for anyone else except Hayley??

Comments

• EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who will tonight?
    Who will what tonight? :confused:

Lose?

Lots of people will be voting for people other than Hayley, I imagine. ;)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    Who will what tonight? :confused:

Lose?

Lots of people will be voting for people other than Hayley, I imagine. ;)

Agree. Of course they will, otherwise why bother eh?
  • emzangel28emzangel28 Posts: 177
    Forum Member

I think that's a bit close minded, there are plenty of people who have been voting for other people, doesn't mean theyre going to stop tonight lol.
    I myself have been voting for kieron and i'll sure as hell be voting for him tonight.
    In all honesty i'd just love him to come second, that'll be enough for me :) if he gets to do bolero of course i'll keep voting but i know it's more likely hayley will win, no offence there of course she will have deserved it :)

p.s sorry for the essay!! lol x
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,529
    Forum Member
    Kieron FTW :)
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Well the poll suggests more than half of the forum members will be not be voting for Hayley. We don't yet know what sort of vote she is getting in the public vote as she has mostly led the table so no real indication.

While many people seem to see it as a cert (including me) I would point to Susan Boyle. She had the win in her pocket right up until they announced the result of BGT.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    I think most people expect Hayley to win tonight. It's all set out for her. She is doing Jai ho which will possibly be sixes again and the flying is going to be best suited for her aswell. So could get 6's there too. The only good thing for Kieron and Gary is that it is public vote and that judges score doesnt count towards the voting.

Anything can happen and she could have a crap night but to be honest I will be shocked if she doesnt win.

Will be putting a few votes Kieron's way though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll defo be voting for Hayley tonight. Will be nice to see Kieron come second, but if there is any justice, Hayley should really win - she HAS been top of the leader board every week (bar 1) and i think she deserves the crown.
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kieron FTW :)

yayy Kieron FTW :)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    Well the poll suggests more than half of the forum members will be not be voting for Hayley. We don't yet know what sort of vote she is getting in the public vote as she has mostly led the table so no real indication.

While many people seem to see it as a cert (including me) I would point to Susan Boyle. She had the win in her pocket right up until they announced the result of BGT.
    This forum is not a reflection of the GBP as has been shown before. If the polls on DS were anything to go by Chris Fountain looked home and dry before Suzanne showed she has what it takes for the big occasion.

Even the table leader can come unstuck; as I said on another thread Bonnie Langford was in the skate off twice and eliminated before Bolero despite topping the leader board on all 3 occasions. - so it's simply not true to suggest that Hayley's popularity has not yet been tested.
  • vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    Who will Win and Lose tonight??
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    This forum is not a reflection of the GBP as has been shown before. If the polls on DS were anything to go by Chris Fountain looked home and dry before Suzanne showed she has what it takes for the big occasion.

Even the table leader can come unstuck; as I said on another thread Bonnie Langford was in the skate off twice and eliminated before Bolero despite topping the leader board on all 3 occasions. - so it's simply not true to suggest that Hayley's popularity has not yet been tested.

True - but the question was posed to the members of this forum, not the general public. That is why I quoted the poll as it was at that time.

As to the public vote - we do not know how she stands as no figures have been released. It may well be that she is doing a Ray and hogging the public vote or she could be a lot closer to the others, so that the extra votes that tend to happen on a final could swing against her. My view is that she probably is way in front as other polls would suggest that is the case, but I go back to SuBo - how many people thought that would be the result?
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    True - but the question was posed to the members of this forum, not the general public. That is why I quoted the poll as it was at that time.

As to the public vote - we do not know how she stands as no figures have been released. It may well be that she is doing a Ray and hogging the public vote or she could be a lot closer to the others, so that the extra votes that tend to happen on a final could swing against her. My view is that she probably is way in front as other polls would suggest that is the case, but I go back to SuBo - how many people thought that would be the result?

You can't really compare to SuBo though. SuBo wasn't even in the top three acts in terms of talent, and the type of talent wans't comparable.
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    You can't really compare to SuBo though. SuBo wasn't even in the top three acts in terms of talent, and the type of talent wans't comparable.

As the expected winner before the final her victory was seen as a given. As some look on Hayley as the red-hot favourite then it is a perfectly fair comparison as it is not about what they do but what is expected. The only question is can either Keiron or Gary do a Diversity?
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I know a lot of people want Kieron to win, but I really feel it should be Hayley. She gets all this hate from people for no reason at all. She is excellent and comes across as a very good person. Hayley to win. I shall be donating my free votes from Talk Talk to Hayley.
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary FTW!!!!

Lol, as if that's gonna happen.

I won't be watching it till midnight on ITV2 but enjoy the show guys.

Do me proud Gary and Maria! ;)
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are they going to spread it out over 2 and a quarter hours.?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,265
    Forum Member
    Good luck Kieron, Gary and Hayley.

But Hayley and Dan all the way for me :D
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on Kieron, win it for all the non Hayley fans out there
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about nowww, what about todayyy, what if you're making me, all that I was meant to beee...

:p
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Kieron win as I think he shows the best of what DOI is about.

He started off very much from scratch, was very shaky and lacking in confidence and has made fantastic progress.

He has taken ridicule and harsh criticism gracefully and I love watching the skater he has become and his very entertaining partnership.

Haley is terrific but I don't think she came from a standing start like Kieron (or Gary) did

I really like Gary and his skating is excellent but his struggle to be able to 'perform' would make him my third choice over Kieron to win and Haley as runner up.

Good luck to all three for tonight....hope everyone on DS enjoys the show:D
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    How are they going to spread it out over 2 and a quarter hours.?

Lots of adverts!;)
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see Kieron win as I think he shows the best of what DOI is about.

He started off very much from scratch, was very shaky and lacking in confidence and has made fantastic progress.

He has taken ridicule and harsh criticism gracefully and I love watching the skater he has become and his very entertaining partnership.

Haley is terrific but I don't think she came from a standing start like Kieron (or Gary) did

I really like Gary and his skating is excellent but his struggle to be able to 'perform' would make him my third choice over Kieron to win and Haley as runner up.

Good luck to all three for tonight....hope everyone on DS enjoys the show:D

I absolutely agree with you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    Is it just me or Is anyone else getting bored of bolero? :o
  • vincent's mojovincent's mojo Posts: 9,369
    Forum Member
    evening all:)

i see that mel lambert has tweeted that chris and jayne has pre recorded their bolero
  • geordiegumpgeordiegump Posts: 1,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbfan09 wrote: »
    Is it just me or Is anyone else getting bored of bolero? :o

No, me too...have done for a couple of series as well as the flying.

Like others on DS, I think its time for a re-vamp for the next series