Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any adverts where children are either dressed up as adults or have conversations as though they ARE adults, or both.

One that springs to mind is the little boy in the suit - I think it was for toilet paper.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Kingsmill 50/50 with the obnoxious daughter :mad: Ungrateful little brat
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    No. 7 "tah dah" irritates me so much I have to turn the sound off! The woman doesn't even say tah dah, she says dur dum, very quietly. Surely tah dah should be said with a flourish or it loses it's point.
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I hate the smug gittiness in that ad and the woman sounds like she's up her own ar*e :mad:

Can't stand it - particularly because it reminds me of a pain in the derierre who used to always say 'ta-dah!' when she smugly did something (she considered) smart!
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Alexis07 wrote: »
    Anyone seen a Best Advert on TV thread ??

I haven't but the Honda ads spring to mind as a candidate! :)

...and we still don't mind the Meerkats! May have been around a while now, but a brilliant concept.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldberry1 wrote: »
    Any adverts where children are either dressed up as adults or have conversations as though they ARE adults, or both.

One that springs to mind is the little boy in the suit - I think it was for toilet paper.

Is that the one where Andrex say they plant 4 new trees for every mature one they cut down.

A mathmetician friend of mine says that is a good reason NOT to buy Andrex because if they quadruple their trees very soon the entire world's surface will be covered with their plantations.

A biologist friend of mine says not so, it is misleading. It is one thing to plant 4 trees but how many survive to maturity? If bad winters, dry summers, insects, diseases and passing deer removing bark mean the survival rate is less than 1 in 4 the total number of trees will decrease. We should be told.
  • ABCWarriorABCWarrior Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of the ones with schmaltzy poetry - especially as the poems are so terrible and I bet the ad agency thought 'no need to get a poet to write this, anyone can do a poem.' So we have the most basic of rhyming (bed, head) rhymes which don't rhyme (blast, bath) and rhymes which are the same word '(in, Inn) - yes Lenny Henry/Premier Inns I am looking at you! And they're not the only ones. Is there anyone who finds these poems charming? Surely they make everyone literally puke all over the screen? I'm sick of cleaning up the mess.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samwalk wrote: »
    Is that the one where Andrex say they plant 4 new trees for every mature one they cut down.

A mathmetician friend of mine says that is a good reason NOT to buy Andrex because if they quadruple their trees very soon the entire world's surface will be covered with their plantations.

A biologist friend of mine says not so, it is misleading. It is one thing to plant 4 trees but how many survive to maturity? If bad winters, dry summers, insects, diseases and passing deer removing bark mean the survival rate is less than 1 in 4 the total number of trees will decrease. We should be told.

The nights must roll by at your house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My understanding is that all paper comes from replenished stock/sustainable trees-for-paper sources, it's not causing any deforestation. The rainforests get cut down for furniture wood and other reasons, not to make bog roll. Andrex seem to be boasting about what is common practice and always has been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    samwalk wrote: »

Yes, a lot of trees die when young and don't make it to maturity (I used to work for a charity that did a lot of tree planting). Also, young trees are a lot smaller than old trees, an it depends which species you plant (oaks are a lot bigger than willows for example). But if you go by the area of land of that the old trees cut down used to take versus the land that new ones planted will need, 1 to 4 seems roughly equivalent.

And the nights do fly by round my house. :)
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Lucozade Sport (vs Water) advert. The type of customer that actually buys it for the scientific benefits likely don't need said benefits explained to them and the other type of customer that buys it because it's on offer likely doesn't care about the science.
  • HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I know its on the Radio on Talksport but what about the woeful

Trophies and Medals.com woeful !
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I sent away for one of those small tree saplings they gave away with toilet tissues to renew the forrests, when it arrived it was dead.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I sent away for one of those small tree saplings they gave away with toilet tissues to renew the forrests, when it arrived it was dead.

I hope you contacted the company for a replacement. I would.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Kingsmill 50/50 with the obnoxious daughter :mad: Ungrateful little brat

Isn't she awful? But it also confuses me because the dad asks if she's in for dinner (or does he say tea?) and then that affects how much bread he buys. Do people eat bread for their evening meal?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Isn't she awful? But it also confuses me because the dad asks if she's in for dinner (or does he say tea?) and then that affects how much bread he buys. Do people eat bread for their evening meal?

Depending on what I'm having for dinner, I'll sometimes have a slice of bread and butter with it.
  • tracyannedaytracyanneday Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The list is this:

1) the sky ad with Robert Lindsay;
    2) the ads for the charities. Too many and too long. I give to several charities and find these are a turn off;
    3) Michael Parkinson's ad;
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too... many... BINGO ADVERTS! :mad:
  • JackappleJackapple Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all of them but esp the new one with Ant and Dec, i think its about time they were put out to pasture
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but they must need the money poor dears.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    j22kh wrote: »
    Too... many... BINGO ADVERTS! :mad:

Just seen the jackpot joy one for comic relief, Barbara Windsor dressed as Elizabeth I, kicking the bejesus out of some random "thugs" for stealing her red nose....I really must take more water with it:D

Maybe we could arrange a "Liz off" between her and Beyonce, first one to lose their ruff is the loser...
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The TA adverts!! wtf!
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »

It wasn't it, it looked like a 6 inch dead stick, but I planted it any way and it Ian about 2 foot tall now. I can see buds ready for this year!
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TA adverts!! wtf!

Don't they look fake? Really live? Looks acted and recorded to me. You can tell real dialogue from fake!
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that new monster.co.uk ad wtf is with that .... a moose is on a wall of a posh git(s) house and the guy with the moose's ass on the desk but asks need a better job :confused:
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    that new monster.co.uk ad wtf is with that .... a moose is on a wall of a posh git(s) house and the guy with the moose's ass on the desk but asks need a better job :confused:

The other two recruitment agency campaigns out there at the moment (Totaljobs with the "Lucky" man and Reed's Star Trek parody) try a bit too hard to be zany.
This discussion has been closed.