Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How embarrassing was that?
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was bad.

I even started feeling sorry for him......then I came to my senses.:D

I mean come on, how much preparation does it take to look up a few facts about what's going on locally when you agree to appear on a local radio station?
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Ennerjee wrote: »

Exellent post ! That really made me laugh, he was really struggling there. I hope it gets blown up in the media.
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week they said the mask was beginning to slip on Farage ,how would they describe this with Miliband . What about his pointed hat ( dunce ) is beginning to slip ?.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last week they said the mask was beginning to slip on Farage ,how would they describe this with Miliband . What about his pointed hat ( dunce ) is beginning to slip ?.

Miliband isn't a leader its a shame for those people who still support labour
    The guy should have realised with his boasts on Intellect that's going to give the media all the target they need. Just ask minor Questions and watch in falter
    It must worry Labour HQ we don't see him for ages then out and about most of the stories are negative owing to stupid mistakes he himself allowed.
    4 years in and he still isn't grasping no Charisma = Not a chance in hell of being PM.
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Exellent post ! That really made me laugh, he was really struggling there. I hope it gets blown up in the media.

It wasn't mentioned on BBC News at Ten (probably the wrong party leader that was looking a proper Charlie) although to be fair why would Ed know something like that?

I doubt that the CEO of the company I work for knows who I am.

Ed should have admitted he had no idea who this guy was and just laughed it off.

Where was the BBC loyalty to their leader?
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    That was bad.

I even started feeling sorry for him......then I came to my senses.:D

I mean come on, how much preparation does it take to look up a few facts about what's going on locally when you agree to appear on a local radio station?

You'd think that he might've Googled "Wiltshire Council" and "Wiltshire local newspapers". It would've taken ten minutes. What did he and his press department think they were going to ask him about on a local radio station? Ukraine ? Not difficult, is it ?

"****" is simply too small a word to describe this man. I've met a lot of these faux-left-wing intellectual types over the years; they're smug, spoilt, patronising individuals who truly believe that the world can be bettered if clever people are in charge.

I expect his armchair Marxist father would have told him that the proletarians just need a leader who is clever and can take them to the sunlit uplands !
  • 3Sheets2TheWind3Sheets2TheWind Posts: 3,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben Prater, the hack for BBC Radio Wiltshire, really had Ed on the ropes and should have gone for the jugular and asked him how much a pint of milk was. (roll eyes)

We do seem a tad obsessed as a nation in asking political leaders questions about stuff that they probably won't know. Hearing Ed's response was like watching a train crash in slow motion though. Great fun! :D
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What gets me isn't the fact that he doesn't know who the guy in question is (not briefed adequately) but the fact that he immediately claimed he was doing a good job. How can he possibly know what sort of job the man is doing when he only learned of his existence a few moments previous? Makes ed look arrogant (he's labour so he must be doing a good job) and has poor judgement.
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think that he might've Googled "Wiltshire Council" and "Wiltshire local newspapers". It would've taken ten minutes. What did he and his press department think they were going to ask him about on a local radio station? Ukraine ? Not difficult, is it ?

"****" is simply too small a word to describe this man. I've met a lot of these faux-left-wing intellectual types over the years; they're smug, spoilt, patronising individuals who truly believe that the world can be bettered if clever people are in charge.

I expect his armchair Marxist father would have told him that the proletarians just need a leader who is clever and can take them to the sunlit uplands !

Tell me about it.
    Ex Islingtonian, need I say more?

The worse example is when they have written you off as one type of person and you turn out not to be what they expected. You can literally see the cogs grinding and the "cannot compute" flashing in their eyes.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like Labour have replaced one Mr Bean with another, quite funny really.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Tell me about it.

The worse example is when they have written you off as one type of person and you turn out not to be what they expected. You can literally see the cogs grinding and the "cannot compute" flashing in their eyes.

Well, I'm new Islingtonian and regularly straggle the borders of Primrose Hill, Hampstead and Highgate, so I know exactly what you're talking about.
  • thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a twonk!
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Ben Prater, the hack for BBC Radio Wiltshire, really had Ed on the ropes and should have gone for the jugular and asked him how much a pint of milk was. (roll eyes)

We do seem a tad obsessed as a nation in asking political leaders questions about stuff that they probably won't know. Hearing Ed's response was like watching a train crash in slow motion though. Great fun! :D

Miliband is being interviewed for Radio Wiltshire and the main local elections in the county are for Swindon Borough council which Labour are targeting. Indeed it's one of its top targets to take control of outside the capital.

Do you not think he should get himself briefed properly and find out about the name of the council, who runs it and who his group leader is beforehand. It's extraordinary, How will he cope as PM if he Can't master a simple brief?!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    The thread title nearly made me faint :(

Out of excitement or terror? :p:p
  • rusty123rusty123 Posts: 22,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    The thread title nearly made me faint :(

Just as well it was radio and not telly :D
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell me about it.

This Islingtonian is getting a little bored with that bollocks.

Fun clip though. :D
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Ed Milliband exposing himself and getting blown is not something I felt like picturing
    Did he try to big himself up?:D
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Out of excitement or terror? :p:p

Oh god terror :o:o:D
    rusty123 wrote: »
    Just as well it was radio and not telly :D

Maybe Axel Rod has a new approach in winning people over :blush:
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member

I would say that this is a lot worse than not knowing the price of groceries. If he is that badly briefed when in opposition - how badly briefed is he going to be when PM?
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear, perhaps Ed M should follow the lead of Ed B and keep a very low profile so he can't make a complete horlicks of it.
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say that this is a lot worse than not knowing the price of groceries. If he is that badly briefed when in opposition - how badly briefed is he going to be when PM?

I hope he's not briefed at all...it's time we did away with all unelected/unaccountable but publically funded party political twonks operating behind the scenes.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    I hope he's not briefed at all...it's time we did away with all unelected/unaccountable but publically funded party political twonks operating behind the scenes.

I'm not sure you understand what I mean by briefed - because I hope he is better briefed than this. How will he know what to do if a major high street bank failed, if he is not briefed on the situation. How will he know what to do if all are remaining steel plants were closed and people put on the dole. He won't be able to react, know what his options are because he will not be briefed.
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Miliband has apparently apologised to Jim Grant according to Jim Grant anyway.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27500146