Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    BIB...I hate to the one to point this out..but this is a soap and the "other students" were simply extras with no hope of ever getting a line to utter.

And I hate to be the one to point this out, but I would hope that everybody knows that we are discussing a fictional programme. Without wishing to be confrontational, I do not understand the mentality of posters that come onto a forum like this just to comment 'you know it's not real don't you' or similar in a superior manner.

We know that supporting artists won't speak as there isn't the necessary budget and they were just focussing on the one character for the specific plot. However, within the context of the fictional universe, where he was one of 10 students, it was not fair that he was taking up the majority of all the clinical skills teachers time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Just to be even more pedantic, despite what DS thinks, it's still not a soap.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Just to be even more pedantic, despite what DS thinks, it's still not a soap.

Very true :p, although the BAFTA's seem to think it is and I guess as a show that is transmitted 52 weeks a year and have ongoing 'romantic entanglements' for the regualt characters the lines are blurred,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just read in a DS interview that Patsy Kensity would consider a return to soaps once her sons have left home. Please lets hope that her sons never leave home or if she does go back to TV she stays away from Holby!! :p
  • Options
    lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    I've just read in a DS interview that Patsy Kensity would consider a return to soaps once her sons have left home. Please lets hope that her sons never leave home or if she does go back to TV she stays away from Holby!! :p

I liked Faye, but I get a feeling from here that I might be slightly alone in that. Why aren't people a fan of hers? I must admit, I never quite understood the whole thing about have a few ex husbands who died under suspicious consequences and her arrival story with whatever went on in Dubai or wherever it was. Perhaps I missed her crucial episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Faye, but I get a feeling from here that I might be slightly alone in that. Why aren't people a fan of hers? I must admit, I never quite understood the whole thing about have a few ex husbands who died under suspicious consequences and her arrival story with whatever went on in Dubai or wherever it was. Perhaps I missed her crucial episodes.

To be fair I don't think my problem was with Faye but instead with Patsy Kensit and that pout of hers! I felt the same about Leslie Ash!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not technically a spoiler more of a theory:
    I am wondering whether Greg has actually led Lucy into saying that she has been abused by her father. In suspected abuse situations (as a teacher) we have to be very careful not to ask leading questions which put suggested actions into the mind of the young person. I think some of his questions were very leading. It's possible that Lucy is a very emotionally unbalanced young girl. She seemed quite provocative with Greg (which can be a sign of abuse) but she latched onto him in quite an inappropriate way. Also he interviewed her alone.....very inappropriate. I think the father may be innocent and that the proverbial is about to hit the fan for our Irish Doc. Of course I will probably be very wrong as usual! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glanbraint wrote: »
    not technically a spoiler more of a theory:
    I am wondering whether Greg has actually led Lucy into saying that she has been abused by her father. In suspected abuse situations (as a teacher) we have to be very careful not to ask leading questions which put suggested actions into the mind of the young person. I think some of his questions were very leading. It's possible that Lucy is a very emotionally unbalanced young girl. She seemed quite provocative with Greg (which can be a sign of abuse) but she latched onto him in quite an inappropriate way. Also he interviewed her alone.....very inappropriate. I think the father may be innocent and that the proverbial is about to hit the fan for our Irish Doc. Of course I will probably be very wrong as usual! :p

That's a very interesting theory. I do think that she displayed 'typical' abuse features though but it will be interesting to see if the story develops any further.
  • Options
    GlanbraintGlanbraint Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    That's a very interesting theory. I do think that she displayed 'typical' abuse features though but it will be interesting to see if the story develops any further.

Also I wonder if the allegation of abuse may be turned on Greg?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just got around to this week's episode and (embarrassingly) i physically shook as the camera focused in and Lucy's dad was looking through the scanning room camera :o

Good episode this week, i thought the actress playing Lucy was rather good indeed

The Malick/Spike storyline was good but I agree it felt a bit 'lesson of the week'.. my ears did prick up when he said the word gay though lol (as did Malick's :D)
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    If the writers can carry on in the same vain; results of which we saw this week, we'll have the programme we love back to its full potential. There have been some dire storylines, most notably around one person dragging another one down with her. However, after Tuesday, we saw the Rick/Spence Malik/Dan relationships entertain us. Let's just hope next week we're not disappointed. The exit of Frieda can be saved but ONLY if the stronger characters are back at the forefront on a regular basis. If we're just going to see more of Eddi and Sacha/Chrissie, then forget it. That's another example of what was once a great chacter, Sasha being destroyed by one of the weaker females in the programme. Frieda will be a hard act to follow but then again, how many thought that once Connie left, it would never be the same - then entered the brilliant Hanssen.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen this week's episode - I agree - Greg is so much better without Sahira. I'm glad they are re-visiting this storyline.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just got round to watching it. Thought it was a good solid episode.

Loved the Michael/Ric/Annalise stuff, and I did think there was a spark between Michael and Annalise again - if she comes back in 6 months time who knows what might happen. I don't know what to make of Michael going to some solstice party but he does have a wild side!

Greg was great with the girl - too bad he is only getting his chance to shine just as he is leaving. She who shall not be named really dragged his character down.

Also great to see Darwin without she who shall not be named, and Elliot being given a bit more to do. Jac wasn't in it enough but was very funny with her tactful line re Greg.

I'm with those who found Spike annoying and for sure we will see him again. Hope he doesn't drag Malik down with him!!

Dan is being nicer these days and a good friend to Malik at long last.

Can't wait for Serena Campbell to arrive on Keller!!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight?
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight?

Me! :eek:
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to be poor to not own a laptop :rolleyes:

Poor Greg :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh i hope it wasnt marie clare that put the rumour on the intranet!

and jasmin is one spoilled cow!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    You don't have to be poor to not own a laptop :rolleyes:

Poor Greg :(

Especially as her dad had just bought her an iPad which is (in most cases) more expensive than a laptop

What was the accent that blonde patient, who Malick mistakenly told was pregnant? It seemed to fluctuate from South African to Australian to New Zealand to Swedish to German in the space of 30 seconds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    A fine loom of doom over EvilDoctor's bed there from Hanssen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horray! Holby back to its best! Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Really like the new GS consultant too!
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    + Typical that Greg got so watchable when he was on his way out! I actually began to wish he wasn't going. His own abuse finally being revealed was so sad :( As bad as it was, I could understand why he didn't want to revive the father. Loved Hanssen's involvement in the story, plus it got Elliot back on the screen :) Glad Marie-Claire was back. Too bad Greg and her didn't properly make a go of it instead of him choosing to moon over the other one (who's name was mentioned twice tonight! grr:mad:)

+ Michael's daughter was such a brat :mad: And that Ella one really annoyed me. All these med students seem to be clones of each other and it's irritating. They either find it too much and want to quit, or they're overly keen and are constantly in the way! His and Sacha's interaction was great too :D Much prefer Sacha when he's away from Chrissie.

+ Malick had lost the over-confidence and it was nicer to see. I'm hoping he doesn't turn eventually cold hearted though. I'm worried what effect this Selena woman could have on him. Still loving his relationship with Chantelle :D
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    really enjoyed tonights and last weeks episode , I hope this means the writers are back on track now they don't have to write sahira into every scene .

I thought Greg's storyline was holby writing at its best it's shame he is now leaving :(
  • Options
    RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved tonights episode.

I liked Lucy's storyline being finished off for Gregs exit. Seemed very fitting.

Found the lady with the accent very funny. Which was a nice contrast to the seriousness of the episode.

The new GS consultant seems evil :eek:
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed tonight's episode. I have much more sympathy with Greg's character when he's not mooning after Sahira! I thought MacLiam's acting was excellent and the scenes between him and Elliot, and later with Marie-Claire were quite touching. Spence's daughter is quite irritating though, although not quite as irritating as that patient's bizarre accent! I actually ended up looking the actress up to see where she's from!
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    h007 wrote: »
    oh i hope it wasnt marie clare that put the rumour on the intranet!

and jasmin is one spoilled cow!

I get a feeling it WAS Marie-Claire - she was certainly quick enough to go running telling tales ... also might be why she was sad at the end - she didn't think out the consequences of spreading gossip on the staff intranet and felt slightly guilty about Greg leaving..

Never liked her - hope she leaves soon too.
This discussion has been closed.