Disk full

VetinariVetinari Posts: 3,336
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry that this is a bit vague - it is for a very non-tech friend with whom I can only communicate via telephone for the time being.

She has a Humax Freeview recorder (about one year old). I'm afraid I don't know the model number but I'm hoping that the problem might ruing a bell with someone.

The box will not record anything. It accepts a reservation and makes an entry in the recordings list, but the entry says 0 mins. (There are several such entries.)

Now, the box says that the hard disk is full (which would tend to explain the zero length entries if not the lack of an explanatory message).

When she deletes programmes, a symbol appears beside the deleted programmes but it remains in the list, and the disk is still shown as full.

When she originally mentioned that programmes remained in the list (before the disk filled up) I told her that it was probable that the box just marked them as 'deletable' but did not actually delete them until it needed the space.

That does not now look as if it is the case - or, if it is, there is something wrong with the process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like the hard drive may be corrupt.

If it is a fairly new machine then go to the Storage section of the menu system

MENU ->Settings -> System -> Data Storage

There are a couple of options there. First off would be to try the HDD Test which will check the drive for errors. It may or may not fix anything. However the only fix may be to Format the drive. This will of course wipe any unwatched recordings.
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also try unplugging the machine from the mains for a few minutes, cures several obscure Humax faults.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vetinari wrote: »
    She has a Humax Freeview recorder (about one year old). I'm afraid I don't know the model number
    Knowing the model number is very important to be able to offer useful advice.