Mafia 2

darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
Forum Member
Completed this last night and was throughly enjoyable in fact it didn't come out of PS3.

Now, I want to get the plat trophy for it but I need to some of the missions again to do certain things like sell all the stamps in time and collect magazines. The problem I have is the drive 50 miles in the same car.

My pickup truck at the end of the game had done 28 miles. If I start from chapter 13 and just drive around will the miles drop to what it was in chapter 13 or will it still be 28 miles?

Comments

• The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    I've never been a graphics **** of any kind but the screen tearing in the PS3 version makes me reluctant to continue playing it, even if it is somewhat entertaining. It's the most distracting I've ever seen in a game.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I've never been a graphics **** of any kind but the screen tearing in the PS3 version makes me reluctant to continue playing it, even if it is somewhat entertaining. It's the most distracting I've ever seen in a game.

Not once did I encounter screen tearing on the PS3 version.
    Forum Member
    Maybe you're immune to the distraction but I find it difficult to believe you have the world's only copy that doesn't have the problem.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed alot of tearing in the demo but haven't played the final version. I was a bit put off when I read it was a bit linear. Don't know if that's true but I'm holding out for LA Noire anyway
    Forum Member
    Maybe you're immune to the distraction but I find it difficult to believe you have the world's only copy that doesn't have the problem.

No doubt there was screen tearing on my copy I just didn't notice as I was enjoying it too much:D
    Forum Member
    I noticed alot of tearing in the demo but haven't played the final version. I was a bit put off when I read it was a bit linear. Don't know if that's true but I'm holding out for LA Noire anyway

If you can get it cheap it's worth buying. It has good story, decent ending and a lot of action.

Only problem with it is so easy, easy even on hard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Completed this last night and was throughly enjoyable in fact it didn't come out of PS3.

Now, I want to get the plat trophy for it but I need to some of the missions again to do certain things like sell all the stamps in time and collect magazines. The problem I have is the drive 50 miles in the same car.

My pickup truck at the end of the game had done 28 miles. If I start from chapter 13 and just drive around will the miles drop to what it was in chapter 13 or will it still be 28 miles?

The mileage goes back to what ever it was at the start of each chapter. Pretty annoying like.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It will be the amount of miles you had at the start of chapter13 I think.

I was in the same sort of position , I had a lot of magazines to collect and needed some of the mission based trophies so I just started a new go on easy, followed a guide for the magazines, stuck with the first car I stole throughout and drove that 50miles.

The end of the mission where you rob a shop and then someone else starts robbing it while your in there is a good mission to get the wanted for 10minutes trophy, I just hide in the ally at the end of the mission for 10minutes popping my head out every so often to keep the wanted alive.
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    It will be the amount of miles you had at the start of chapter13 I think.

I was in the same sort of position , I had a lot of magazines to collect and needed some of the mission based trophies so I just started a new go on easy, followed a guide for the magazines, stuck with the first car I stole throughout and drove that 50miles.

The end of the mission where you rob a shop and then someone else starts robbing it while your in there is a good mission to get the wanted for 10minutes trophy, I just hide in the ally at the end of the mission for 10minutes popping my head out every so often to keep the wanted alive.

Ok. Thanks for that. Only need 10 more trophies:)
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. Thanks for that. Only need 10 more trophies:)

I still need the 50 miles trophy too. Got a few more to pick up aside from that - I need the wanted posters and to the Leo trophy, both which will be fine.

The 125mph one should be okay - just need to tune up a car and go for it - got to 118mph the other day before ploughing into a wall. The only trophy that may cause me trouble is the drive over 30mph for 5 minutes - need to plot out a route for that one.
    After that I am going to get Joes adventures.
    Forum Member
    Nedubiz wrote: »
    I still need the 50 miles trophy too. Got a few more to pick up aside from that - I need the wanted posters and to the Leo trophy, both which will be fine.

The 125mph one should be okay - just need to tune up a car and go for it - got to 118mph the other day before ploughing into a wall. The only trophy that may cause me trouble is the drive over 30mph for 5 minutes - need to plot out a route for that one.

125mph trophy is easy. Go to joe's apartment. In his garage there is a car that does 148mph take it on the highway. You will reach the 125mph trophy quickly and can do the drive over 30 mph for 5 minutes all at the same time. Easiest way I know how to do it.

On a side note. Was playing the The betrayal of Jimmy. Really good it has skill points:D
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found across the bridge the best place for that trophy, be prepared for a big crash at the other side :D
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not once did I encounter screen tearing on the PS3 version.

I never noticed a problem either.
    Forum Member
    This is happening almost constantly on the PS3 version. If you don't notice it, then I'm almost envious of your lack of attention.
    Forum Member
    This is happening almost constantly on the PS3 version. If you don't notice it, then I'm almost envious of your lack of attention.

All I've noticed was in the last chapter I done a stealth kill. The bloke was standing behind me and Vito was just wavering his arms about. The bloke died:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can honestly say I never noticed it. Maybe I was just enjoying the game. I never do notice anything like that. I just enjoy the gameplay.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I found I became so adsorbed into the story I soon stop noticing that, or it just wasn't there all the time. Still its such a good game you shouldn't let a bit of screen-tearing get in the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    I found I became so adsorbed into the story I soon stop noticing that, or it just wasn't there all the time. Still its such a good game you shouldn't let a bit of screen-tearing get in the way.

It like them people that bang on about differences in PS3 vs 360 games. You just don't notice the differences. If you do, you aren't playing the game "right".

I still play PS1 games and never notice how bad the graphics are as I am enjoying the gameplay.
    Forum Member
    Like I said earlier I'm not normally the type to make an issue of it at all, but it was just so damn bad. I did find the presentation otherwise engaging though, even if the game-play was rather derivative.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    125mph trophy is easy. Go to joe's apartment. In his garage there is a car that does 148mph take it on the highway. You will reach the 125mph trophy quickly and can do the drive over 30 mph for 5 minutes all at the same time. Easiest way I know how to do it.

On a side note. Was playing the The betrayal of Jimmy. Really good it has skill points:D
    I found across the bridge the best place for that trophy, be prepared for a big crash at the other side :D

Cheers - will give it a go later, either way I fear it will end in a crash!
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I've been playing this on 360 and have to say it's a pretty decent game. Not as good as GTA IV or even Saints Row 2 from a gameplay perspective, but it is very storyline heavy and it's impotant to the style of this game.

It's all about the little fine details and it does a great job of making you feel part of the era. I've been really enjoying it, even if some of the missions are boring. When the action does come it's pretty fantastic.

The graphics at times are amazing, at other times they look a bit rough so it is inconsistant. But overall they are of a high standard. 360 version doesn't suffer much tearing, only inside some houses I've notice it but outside not noticed it at all outside them.

Also, I love the way the cars handle, I only play on simulation mode as the car physics invloved are among the best I've seen in a game.

It's good stuff, 8/10
    Forum Member
    Cheers - will give it a go later, either way I fear it will end in a crash!

Can't be worse than mine. Hit a crash barrier at 140mph and veered off into the air straight into the water:(

PS. That was not on the game:eek::cry:.... Joking:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be worse than mine. Hit a crash barrier at 140mph and veered off into the air straight into the water:(

PS. That was not on the game:eek::cry:.... Joking:D

No wonder you are saving up for you insurance then!
    Forum Member
    No wonder you are saving up for you insurance then!

Haha my dad is paying for it:cool: What a lovely man:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might pick this up from Gamestation its £22 I think but got some games I don't play to trade towards it.