Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread - singles & upcoming debut album (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dazzled3 wrote: »
    ^ exactly!! besides the saturdays are very very very GENERIC their image is very boring,basic and bland and so is their image nothing new really.

Totally agree with everything you said about the sats. But as someone else said they are going to love their image more than their songs. Look at how many followers Frankie has on twitter ! Almost as many as Little Mix. It's not because of her voice...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    PJ River wrote: »
    Little mix will crack America. The reason is : their music is inspired by US bands and they worked US artists and producers. Their album is tailor-made for america.

TMS and Steve Mac aren't exactly American :p, and they produced most of the songs on the album. However I do think the album is more American friendly, so hopefully it does better over there (if it's ever going to be released in US)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All I'm saying is we shouldn't expect them to crack the US so easily or write off the competition.

One of the main criticism they have is their image (this thread is an example of that) and it's needs to be altered before the international launch imo.

Everyone knows they can sing...but in today's industry it's not just about the vocals.

I like The Sats too btw.....so I'm coming from both sides here.

I wish they could just fire their stylists. I think the girls always look good when they style themselves. We don't need people that don't do their job properly :rolleyes:
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    nooneoo wrote: »
    I wish they could just fire their stylists. I think the girls always look good when they style themselves. We don't need people that don't do their job properly :rolleyes:

I think they will eventually!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TMS and Steve Mac aren't exactly American :p, and they produced most of the songs on the album. However I do think the album is more American friendly, so hopefully it does better over there (if it's ever going to be released in US)

T Boz, Andrea Martin, Jon Levine, Dapo Torimiro are american based producers/artists or writers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm saying is we shouldn't expect them to crack the US so easily or write off the competition.

One of the main criticism they have is their image (this thread is an example of that) and it's needs to be altered before the international launch imo.

Everyone knows they can sing...but in today's industry it's not just about the vocals. I want them to do well though!

I like The Sats too btw.....so I'm coming from both sides here.

I'm not expecting them to crack it straight but I hope they give it a big damn try
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have this been posted? The girls doing count down to Christmas :D

12 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tEimfCVt5c
    11 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cy3p8fKcMsk
  • Options
    RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I am so shocked lol

I wonder who in Glee would cover Wings? It would be awesome if LM could get a guest spot in the show.

I didn't expect Rebecca to do well on the US Singles chart but she did quite well in the albums chart, I think LM will do much better overall though.

It looks like the are going to be busy next year i really hope it works out for them.
    I just hope they don't leave a massive gap between the next album 2 years is too long
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We wondered what happened to his collaboration with the girls but actually now that I think about it, it was Amazon that put up that tracklist in the first place, the girls themselves and the team have never said there would be a featured artist for the song. Maybe Amazon got the info wrong and we took it too seriously :p

Not true. In one of their video interviews (was it Sugarscape? can't remember) leading up to the album release they did mention collaborating with him and the other girl group artists on the other songs. So something did change last minute.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not true. In one of their video interviews (was it Sugarscape? can't remember) leading up to the album release they did mention collaborating with him and the other girl group artists on the other songs. So something did change last minute.

He got taken off the album cover but in the booklet they forgot take his name off :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rayforever wrote: »
    He got taken off the album cover but in the booklet they forgot take his name off :rolleyes:

Mine doesn't have his name on the booklet. I'm looking at the deluxe one btw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember at the time thinking it would be odd to have a male collaboration if the album was to be reeking of Girl Power.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine doesn't have his name on the booklet. I'm looking at the deluxe one btw.

On the credits page ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last one got taken. (I cant believe I'm commenting on this)

http://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/279596272955060224/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @seventeenmag

Had so much fun chatting with @littlemixoffic! So happy to be their first U.S. interview!

Wow I think Seventeen is one of if not the biggest teen mag over in the US. Good going Modest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow I think Seventeen is one of if not the biggest teen mag over in the US. Good going Modest.

Ahh that explains why they have had none stop comments from the American tweens getting excited about them being interviewed

Did i just hear someone finally give modest a bit of credit :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People are saying on tumblr that Leigh-Anne has a boyfriend now, and no they are not talking about the dog :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^She mentioned the "boyf" in that link I gave. Funny enough her own mother said on Twitter the other day, "No more dogs" because you know who ends up really taking care of them!
    Rayforever wrote: »
    Did i just hear someone finally give modest a bit of credit :eek::D

They did it right with Wings, which was why I was puzzled about the DNA single and album campaigns.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^She mentioned the "boyf" in that link I gave. Funny enough her own mother said on Twitter the other day, "No more dogs" because you know who ends up really taking care of them!

On tumblr people are talking about this guy:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/ba68575df69d8ed1f2fc34807e25bcc7/tumblr_mf14y2gU2T1rywrhgo2_1280.jpg
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/58bfd6201e8a22ec798665a423fe47ed/tumblr_mf14y2gU2T1rywrhgo3_1280.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/5aad92aeb343c4fc6ab2be3b510c82d0/tumblr_mf14y2gU2T1rywrhgo1_400.jpg

And apparently his name is also Jordan.

Edit: OK I'm confused now :o. Is this "boyfriend" she mentioned actually a human or was she just being sarcastic and she was actually talking about the dog? :o

Edit: Never mind I finally understood the tweet! (god that took ages :o)
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leigh-Anne's boyfriend is one lucky man! Slighty jealous lol :D

Anyway I was in Tesco's on Tuesday morning and they had quite a lot of Ready To Fly's. I was in Tesco this afernoon and I went down the book aisle to kill time and all the RTF's were gone!! :eek:

It must be a popular stocking filler/christmas present! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

They did it right with Wings, which was why I was puzzled about the DNA single and album campaigns.

I'm hoping for something like that with CYL they won't get number one but another top 10 would be good. ( hope they appear on DOI too)

I just have the feeling they are going to do another short trip away to promote wings then sales suffer in the UK:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Leigh-Anne's boyfriend is one lucky man! Slighty jealous lol :D

Anyway I was in Tesco's on Tuesday morning and they had quite a lot of Ready To Fly's. I was in Tesco this afernoon and I went down the book aisle to kill time and all the RTF's were gone!! :eek:

It must be a popular stocking filler/christmas present! :)

Lots of their younger teen fans have had to wait till Xmas for the book and album etc. I've read this so many times on twitter and it's sort of showing in their album sales
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Id love the book or the calendar for Christmas... what do you think would be better? I'm actually thinking of getting one of those. The book seem huge btw.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Last one got taken. (I cant believe I'm commenting on this)

http://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/279596272955060224/photo/1

Yay I'm happy for her, I wonder if he's famous?

Well that answered my question...nope! (I hope I'm not being stupid and it turns out he's the biggest famous person on the planet)
This discussion has been closed.