Options

James Arthur - Impossible (Winners Single)

13»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prefare Shontelle's version and I think it's disgusting his fans are tweeting hate to her about her song.

that is awful.:eek: some of the fans from x factor singers are just plain nasty and i have heard many horror stories about those fans being abusive on twitter.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    that is awful.:eek: some of the fans from x factor singers are just plain nasty and i have heard many horror stories about those fans being abusive on twitter.:rolleyes:

She just tweeted one of his fans.

@JamesADaily Thank you. I don't know what I ever did to anyone. .. I just do me and keep moving forward. Much love and respect to you x
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

@JamesADaily Thank you. I don't know what I ever did to anyone. .. I just do me and keep moving forward. Much love and respect to you x

good for her and that is a classy response. i prefer her version anyway.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member

The person she was responding to must have been someone who was sticking up for her :)
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if James' career emulates Matt Cardle's it wouldn't be a bad thing. MC left Sony at his own request and signed to a different label, his second album went to No.1 on the Indie Chart and No.8 in the 'regular' chart, his tour earlier this year was completely sold out, he's not doing too badly for somebody who wants to follow his own path rather than Simon Cowell's.

Looking at James Arthur's own YouTube channel earlier today for another reason I thought his own music is pretty good.

I wasn't a fan all the way through X Factor, but he really grew on me and I loved his version of Hometown; when he sang Nina Simone's Feeling Good on the Saturday night he blew me away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9sKGKkznw.

So I wish him luck and hope that he sticks to his guns and does it 'his way' as much as he can.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think if James' career emulates Matt Cardle's it wouldn't be a bad thing. MC left Sony at his own request and signed to a different label, his second album went to No.1 on the Indie Chart and No.8 in the 'regular' chart, his tour earlier this year was completely sold out, he's not doing too badly for somebody who wants to follow his own path rather than Simon Cowell's.

Looking at James Arthur's own YouTube channel earlier today for another reason I thought his own music is pretty good.

I wasn't a fan all the way through X Factor, but he really grew on me and I loved his version of Hometown; when he sang Nina Simone's Feeling Good on the Saturday night he blew me away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9sKGKkznw.

So I wish him luck and hope that he sticks to his guns and does it 'his way' as much as he can.

Number 1 on THE INDIE CHART ... ? Lol :D
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

He was dropped by his record label, and couldnt sell out 3 shows at tiny venues. His albm has also managed to sell only 30,000 copies.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    Well, #1 with 489,560 sales (86,765 physical).

It'd be interesting to see if it can hold onto it this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is or gets to number one then it's a travesty. It's a great song totally ruined, he's stipped out every bit of emotion and as someone said earlier, he sings like he's dying.