Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• citizenx103citizenx103 Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Achica - Why is this bloody advert on during EVERY EPISODE of Come Dine With Me?! :mad: Thank goodness for Sky+.

That'll be the "exclusive" store which had "limited memberships" available? The one which relentlessly advertises overpriced tat?

Moonpig - Oh FFS, now they are using Father's Day as an excuse to advertise some bloody wine! :mad: Spend £20 on our wine and we'll give you a piece of cardboard free. :rolleyes:

They were doing it with beer too. "Spend loads of money on beer which might taste like rats piss but at least you get to decide the label whcih goes on it"

No thanks!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That'll be the "exclusive" store which had "limited memberships" available? The one which relentlessly advertises overpriced tat?

They were doing it with beer too. "Spend loads of money on beer which might taste like rats piss but at least you get to decide the label whcih goes on it"

No thanks!

LOL :D I'm sure my dad would prefer beer which actually tastes nice :)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Those Paddy Power adverts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That dog in the Walls Sausages advert - "thank you, thank you..." No! GTFO :mad:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else think the woman in the 'Cooperative' advert is sexy?

The little girl in the Oreo's advert needs putting in her place. Very precocious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else think the woman in the 'Cooperative' advert is sexy?

The little girl in the Oreo's advert needs putting in her place. Very precocious.

BIB: I can see the appeal :D

Never been a fan of the Oreos advert :mad:

Another annoying one is the Haribo advert - why?!
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the Galaxy ad ... how long has that been running now?? - it changes yearly (the copyright info) but its still the same ad from what? the end of the 90's! :rolleyes:

It goes "what was it this time......" - I do not know and I am sure (the woman in ad) you are alot older now since this ad was originally out :D

ALSO - channel 5 ad for "big brother bingo" :eek: ... more BINGO sites and more Big Brother :rolleyes:
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Ambrosia Rice advert with the talking scotch egg, spoon etc... just creepy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I said you buy one, you get one free" - why is Safestyle still advertising?

I also really hate that advert where those two women sing "up your bingo!" then one asks the other "are you calling me fat?"
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not an actual advert, but it's a promo for those self-obsessed idiots from that Essex programme with Mark Wright (I think that's his name)
    What's with the pink lipstick on him and the rest of those goons ??
    Television for the brain-dead.
    Utter garbage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an actual advert, but it's a promo for those self-obsessed idiots from that Essex programme, Mark Wright I think his name is.
    What's with the pink lipstick on him and the rest of those goons ??
    Television for the brain-dead.
    Utter garbage

Agreed. Stupid, stupid idea.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JBO wrote: »
    That Strongbow ad

Why are the rest of the band so desperate to stop the other fella having a bit of cake? :confused:

I presume because they were performing at a wedding reception and the band mate took a piece of the wedding cake before the bride and groom had a chance to slice it first.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    She appears to be under the influence of a strong sedative or has had a lobotamy.

I was off last week and saw the Jeremy Kyle Show. That woman actually made the JK show seem OK. She is really annoying with that cocquettish smile, lip biting and strange, shiny pallor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was off last week and saw the Jeremy Kyle Show. That woman actually made the JK show seem OK. She is really annoying with that cocquettish smile, lip biting and strange, shiny pallor.

There are 2 different women in the ads, one has slightly blonder hair than the other but they are both aggravating
  • Rata1Rata1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    The Yorkie ad. What a load of Wank!!
    Forum Member
    Not to mention the updated JR Hartley ad. Eugh!!
  • halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    "I said you buy one, you get one free" - why is Safestyle still advertising?

I also really hate that advert where those two women sing "up your bingo!" then one asks the other "are you calling me fat?"

I have to disagree. The lady on the bongos is sex on legs.:D
    Forum Member
    Rata1 wrote: »
    The Yorkie ad. What a load of Wank!!

I would have thought that alienating 50% of the population by saying the choc is for men only isn't really a good marketing ploy.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Madbid one is excrutiating.
    When the geordie guy comes on at the end it is cringeworthy.
    Forum Member
    I would have thought that alienating 50% of the population by saying the choc is for men only isn't really a good marketing ploy.

Every product has its target market. They done it wiv McCoys aswell. Anyway, don't get me started on marketing strategy, its a bottomless well, I tells ya.:cool:
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Wonga one with the dog.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find all those animated adverts on ITV rather idiotic. Who are they supposed to speak to? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    halstation wrote: »
    I have to disagree. The lady on the bongos is sex on legs.:D

Lol :D:D

Similarly, the Boots adverts alienate a lot of men. I for one really hate it (though it's got more to do with the fact that it's quickly turning into the most annoying song ever). I'd still shop at Boots if I needed anything from there though.
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rockin' at an early age"

What do you mean "rockin'" you absolute bellend?! Duran Duran were pop ffs!
    My thoughts exactly. And do teenage girls really like Duran Duran??!!
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Lol :D:D

Similarly, the Boots adverts alienate a lot of men. I for one really hate it (though it's got more to do with the fact that it's quickly turning into the most annoying song ever). I'd still shop at Boots if I needed anything from there though.

I agree. Those 'Here comes the girls...' ads are an affont to all humanity...full stop! :D

It was mentioned earlier but I'm surprised the ad with the naked-arsed Richmond Ham man ( or could it be Richard Hammond?:eek:) hasn't pro-'cured' more votes for its direness!
This discussion has been closed.