ray donovan season 1 sky Atlantic (uk pace)

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone looking forward to this?

The premise is around a "fixer" called ray donovan (liev schreiber) and his own problems that need fixing when his father (john voight) is released from prison.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Donovan_(TV_series)
The show starts the 30th june in the states and on the 16th of july on sky Atlantic, so we wont be that far behind the states.

It looks very good and I will definitely be tuning in.

Heres the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36OT6TsHOw

Comments

• MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    The pilot was released early on-line, so I have already seen it. Looks like another fine addition to American cable's long line of worthy drama series.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you post a link to the pilot please
    Forum Member
    I will send you a private message.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pilot episode is now available in Sky's On Demand, SD under Catch Up - featured. A search will find an HD copy!!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »
    Pilot episode is now available in Sky's On Demand, SD under Catch Up - featured. A search will find an HD copy!!
    Have to check it out there....:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very very good
  • jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed it too.

Was a bit confusion though, I know one of the Brother's was abused by the priest, but did it also look like Ray was too!
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »
    Enjoyed it too.

Was a bit confusion though, I know one of the Brother's was abused by the priest, but did it also look like Ray was too!

Spoiler tags maybe!?
    Forum Member
    Hooked....loved it - I like Ashley.
    The green Guy had it 'coming' - ouch!
    +++++++
    'Why don't we Kill him"
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good drama. Great acting especially from John Voight. Quite a slow burner. Will be interesting to see how the storylines develop. The bald agent guy is a funny character.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,929
    Forum Member
    jude007 wrote: »
    Enjoyed it too.

I think the big smile after reading the homicide report about the priest suggests that he may well have been.
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent so far.

I nearly didn't bother as the trailer didn't seem very promising - judging by the limited posts in this thread - I wasn't the only one.
  • LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about 30 minutes of the pilot and couldn't get it at all. Not sure if i'll try again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    I think the big smile after reading the homicide report about the priest suggests that he may well have been.

Ray dreamt about being in the car with the priest. The priest threw his ice cream out of the window and laid his head on his lap. That confirmed Ray was abused as well as his brother(s) for me.

Enjoyed the pilot. I like Liev Shreiber as an actor. And Paula Malcolmson is a joy whatever role she plays. I can't remember her ever putting in anything less than a fine performance.
    Forum Member
    Still hooked.

Lots of Family issues for Ray, and that smile at the end gave a hint, he may like the Dad.
    But did he need to have the stepbrother beaten up so much - with the staple gun to, regards the Sean situation.

And Ray does have a heart, with the Money for Chloe's op.

"A Mouth is a Mouth"
    Wise worlds from Micky too, for the Grandson....:eek:

Had never noticed Paula Malcomson before, seen a couple of one off programmes she has done - she's great in this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    But did he need to have the stepbrother beaten up so much - with the staple gun to, regards the Sean situation.

That puzzled me as well. Maybe Ray doesn't regard him as his brother? Same Dad(who he hates) but different mother. So he doesn't care for the lad. Just sending a message to his dad. You hurt mine I'll hurt yours. That's all I've got to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really is an amazing show. People keep telling me that the sopranos was similar, is it true.
    Forum Member
    It really is an amazing show. People keep telling me that the sopranos was similar, is it true.

Oh, The Sopranos is better, if you haven't watched that. But Ray Donovan is loosely following a kind of template that The Sopranos established: A powerful, thuggish man making a great living in a shady world has to deal with family problems that are more of a challenge than his professional problems. Watch The Sopranos.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Oh, The Sopranos is better, if you haven't watched that. But Ray Donovan is loosely following a kind of template that The Sopranos established: A powerful, thuggish man making a great living in a shady world has to deal with family problems that are more of a challenge than his professional problems. Watch The Sopranos.:)

Cheers
    Forum Member
    That puzzled me as well. Maybe Ray doesn't regard him as his brother? Same Dad(who he hates) but different mother. So he doesn't care for the lad. Just sending a message to his dad. You hurt mine I'll hurt yours. That's all I've got to be honest.
    Good one...but will he get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good one...but will he get it.

The photo is the clue. Avi stapled it to Daryll's chest. It's the same one Mickey left at babydaddy's house is it not?(Didn't catch the characters name, sadly) It had Good Times written on it IIRC.

PS
    I need to take note of everyones names if I'm going to concentrate on this. And post meaningfully on here. Not knowing the names is a handicap.
    Forum Member
    The photo is the clue. Avi stapled it to Daryll's chest. It's the same one Mickey left at babydaddy's house is it not?(Didn't catch the characters name, sadly) It had Good Times written on it IIRC.

PS
    I need to take note of everyones names if I'm going to concentrate on this. And post meaningfully on here. Not knowing the names is a handicap.
    That was Sean, who I think, Micky went to Jail - for the Murder he committed.
    Had to rewind that bit a couple of times.:confused:

“I shot your girlfriend in the head and sent your father to prison for 20 years,”
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was Sean, who I think, Micky went to Jail - for the Murder he committed.
    Had to rewind that bit a couple of times.:confused:

“I shot your girlfriend in the head and sent your father to prison for 20 years,”

Cheers.:)

I'm watching the downloaded versions and they don't have subs. Some of the mumbling is confusing. Or I'm going deaf.

Daryll jumped the fence and left the photo? I thought it was Bunchy at first but thinking not now.

Ray returned the photo with interest via Avi. Who is not a guy to be messed with. Even Ray backed down when Avi confiscated his gun.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting show. I like how there is a back story building about these character's past.
    The smile at the end though.
    Was this Ray happy that the priest who abused him and his brother is now dead?
    Or is he happy that he has some ammunition to use to put Mickey back in jail?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the Catholic Church allow paedo priests to continue to act as priests? Bunchy told Ray that the church had settled - $1.4m. So they have admitted the guy is a paedophile. Yet he remains a priest? That confuses me.