Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie

hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
Forum Member
Does anyone else think this is their best song? It's such a nice laid back track, I much prefer it to their later stuff like 'The Time' and 'I Gotta Feeling' which I feel are overrated and trying to fit in with the club scene.

Comments

• scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of their best, very underrated song. It's got such a nice vibe.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black Eyed Peas during the Elephunk era were brilliant, I did like some of their later stuff but it all fell apart for me on their last album.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely one of my favourite songs of theirs. I loved when they were doing songs like this and Shut Up, Where Is The Love, Hey Mama and Don't Phunk With My Heart. Inventive, creative, original and catchy, with great lyrics. Not rubbish like Dirty Bit!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think The Situation is.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love that song I do hope they get back together and make songs like Shut up ,My Humps ,Don't lie, Don't Phunk with my heart, again although if they do get back together it will probably be all electro stuff like there last album .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love it, "monkey business" is one of my fave albums from them
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Elephunk and Monkey Business were so good, I love this song so much but I think Where Is The Love is their best song (but My Humps or Bebot is my personal favourite :o)
  • BenllechBenllech Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aint it 10 years since they made there major breakthrough now?
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Benllech wrote: »
    Aint it 10 years since they made there major breakthrough now?

Yes, 'Where Is The Love?' was 2003, how time flies!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, songs like this were and still are tunes

I began disliking them when Boom Boom Pow became a hit and everything just sounded robotic afterwards
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Yeah I liked the early Black Eyed Peas sorta Rn B-ish non techno type music. They were quite funky they had a song called Smells Like Funk which I think is a tune, lyrics are funny but the beat is tight.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Yeah I liked the early Black Eyed Peas sorta Rn B-ish non techno type music. They were quite funky they had a song called Smells Like Funk which I think is a tune, lyrics are funny but the beat is tight.

Top tune!

They did some really good tracks on Elephunk and Monkey Business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always nice listening to this song when you haven't heard it in a very long time.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    My favourite song of theirs is Meet Me Halfway
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Brilliant Song. It reminds me of college. It was all over Radio 1 when it came out - as was Don't Phunk With My Heart.

Whilst I think their 2003-2006 singles (Where Is The Love, Don't Lie, Hey Mama and Let's Get It Started etc) are their best singles, I do think The END is by far their best album.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Humps is my fav song from them. It's one of those tongue and cheek songs and Fergie just looks amazing in the video. Any song with Fergie on the vocals is normally my fav.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think this is their best song? It's such a nice laid back track

It's possibly my favourite song of theirs. That's probably because it came out not long after I finished my A Level exams, so it gives me that happy, relieved feeling!