iOS 10 Beta(s)

Comments

• d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    Sorry I skipped your post .... forgive me? :)

How could I not? :p
    Icaraa wrote: »
    Apple Pay just didn't work for me. Screen just stayed dark and then the phone restarted. This seems too buggy at the moment. I'll wait for a month or so. I'm going back to iOS 9.

At this stage of beta you probably shouldn't be using this on your main phone.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took the plunge and installed Beta 2. Working well so far. No major complaints. The mail app shows every single folder (inbox, sent, trash e.t.c...) but I can live with that.

Aside from the obviously slightly slower opening of some of the other apps, that's about all i've discovered so far that could realistically be called a "problem".
  • Heanor_Man31Heanor_Man31 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've downloaded the iOS PB to my iPhone as it wouldn't install on my iPad Pro.

Early impressions? Seems to run faster than iOS 9.3.2. Audio playback via the AUX in my Ford Fiesta seems improved and louder without having to turn the volume up higher like I have done previously.

Not so mad on the widgets feed when swiping to the right nor the fact any Map searches can't (seemingly) be cleared anymore. Don't get me started on Music (or Health) for that matter. Even with the text size on the lowest possible setting some of the fonts are overkill!
  • Heanor_Man31Heanor_Man31 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted-Double Posting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed the keyboard isn't "active" yet, in the sense that if you're online and, for example you're writing a post on DS, you essentially just keep typing and it goes off the edge of the screen.

If you shrink the screen down enough you can still see what you're typing, but if you don't, you keep having to swipe around the screen to catch up with where the cursor is.

not a major problem but a bit fiddly ..
    Forum Member
    I can't say that I've noticed that, do you mean you zoom right in on the Message Box and then type with only a portion of the box visible? i can type into the box on my iPad and the words automatically wrap to the next line as they should and I can see all I'm typing and the cursor never disappears or leaves the input box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    I can't say that I've noticed that, do you mean you zoom right in on the Message Box and then type with only a portion of the box visible? i can type into the box on my iPad and the words automatically wrap to the next line as they should and I can see all I'm typing and the cursor never disappears or leaves the input box.

if i tap the box to reply to this on my iphone, the word "if" at the start of this very sentence is hidden and keeping typing, it wraps the word "sentence" to the next line but the view stays static so i have to scroll back to the other side of the window to keep up with the cursor
  • IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,062
    Forum Member
    Yep, it doesn't zoom out to fit the whole box in, you have to scroll around to see what you're typing. Hopefully they fix it soon.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted.
  • hybridtheoryhybridtheory Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

I'm just wondering is anyone getting the same on iOS 10 Beta. From the Home Screen, I swipe left to right to bring up the Widgets Screen or whatever its called lol. My News Widget and Weather Widgets appear blank :-s

Thanks

Baz
  • georgi_prodanovgeorgi_prodanov Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wifi calling on vodafone does not work
  • georgi_prodanovgeorgi_prodanov Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just noteced when i am on an app and press the home button twice to end the app the home screen icons disappear for one second.
    Forum Member
    My wifi calling on vodafone does not work

Fairly common on betas...

That's why you shouldn't be installing the beta on your main phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I'm just wondering is anyone getting the same on iOS 10 Beta. From the Home Screen, I swipe left to right to bring up the Widgets Screen or whatever its called lol. My News Widget and Weather Widgets appear blank :-s

Thanks

Baz

My news and weather widgets work fine. Are you sure you've allowed them to update data in the background ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My news and weather widgets work fine. Are you sure you've allowed them to update data in the background ?

Hi

Yeah there r, Id already checked that. Ive resorted to uninstalling them and reinstalling them. Seems to be working for now :-)

Thanks

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Yeah there r, Id already checked that. Ive resorted to uninstalling them and reinstalling them. Seems to be working for now :-)

Thanks

Baz

Aha, nice one. Glad they're working. I do prefer the widget screen to the old spotlight search screen actually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aha, nice one. Glad they're working. I do prefer the widget screen to the old spotlight search screen actually.

Hi

Yeah its a nice update :-) I'm actually running the Developer Profile so I'm on Beta 2. Not sure if thats the same as Public Beta 1 :-S

Baz
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Anyone thats installed iOS 10 Beta, r any of u also running Mac OS Sierra?

Thanks

Baz
  • sammy_boysammy_boy Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    I have the same problem with News and Waether on the widget screen, both blank. Tried removing then reinstating them but to no avail. It's running on an old 5s - not sure if it's that model that's affected?
    Forum Member
    sammy_boy wrote: »
    I have the same problem with News and Waether on the widgeet screen, both blank. Tried removing then reinstating them but to no avail. It's running on an old 5s - not sure if it's that model that's affected?

News and weather both working on my 5s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, i'm running the developer profile beta 2 and i used apple pay three times today without an issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting - my widgets have gone blank. I'm on a 6s and the only one that's working is the weather one.
    Forum Member
    I've got the public beta on my 5s.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the developer profile beta 2. I can confirm that uninstalling and re-installing the apps you have widgets for does re-populate them though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one other thing i've found is that it keeps asking me to re-enter my outlook password and re-authorise the account with the mail app.

it's not a massive pain - at the moment :)