Pet peeves you have with soap fans

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,275
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For me, the number one pet peeve I have is on Twitter. A star, such as Shona or Danielle Harold, will tweet something, and will get tons of replies saying along the lines of "OMG please follow me Shona McGarty, I love you", or "Please R/T as it would make me feel awesome", rather than replying to them as a conversation. So for example Shona just tweeted that she ordered a pizza, lots of rpelis asking to be followed, I simply said "What flavour?"

Comments

• madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, the number one pet peeve I have is on Twitter. A star, such as Shona or Danielle Harold, will tweet something, and will get tons of replies saying along the lines of "OMG please follow me Shona McGarty, I love you", or "Please R/T as it would make me feel awesome", rather than replying to them as a conversation. So for example Shona just tweeted that she ordered a pizza, lots of rpelis asking to be followed, I simply said "What flavour?"

Same as you, and also really closed minded opinions..
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the stars ever get bored of the constant bombardment of "omg you are so great please follow me cause you are awesome" tweets
  • chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    my pet peeve is being unable to avoid spoilers.

Soap fans inevitably leak them even if they don't mean to.

Another little peeve is the way fans refer to actors and Producers etc by their first names. As if they actually know them and are best mates.

That makes me giggle rather than feel annoyed, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep. i agree with that. really useless messages like "omg i love you please follow me" or "it's my birthday, please say hi!"
    why? what is the actual point?....how is it constructive? even if you do get a "hi", how will that make any difference to anything at all?...:confused:

but also, people deliberately saying something which they KNOW will start up a fight. when they say something purely designed to aggrevate others eg the fans of a character they don't like. different from stating an opinion - the intention being to fight/piss off others. it's pure and simple baiting and helps no one....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The constant mixing of a couples name to make a single name. I hate it!!

The "Stug" v "Stendan" war rubbish. You're entitled to like who you like, it does not make you superior or right or give you the right to rubbish someone else's opinion!! :mad::mad: (had a minisick writing those stupid names then! lol)

and yes, the Twitter "follow me follow me" nonsense irritates me as well Grrr! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Another little peeve is the way fans refer to actors and Producers etc by their first names. As if they actually know them and are best mates.

isn't that just for handiness though? like if you're having a conversation about an actor, and someone starts it off saying who they are....you don't then need to have their full name in every subsequent post. their first name will suffice because everyone knows who you mean?:confused:
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fans who justify and big-up the crappest, stupidest storylines, given lengthy in-depth justification for them, no matter how bad they are

im an ee fan since it started - but i will say when i think something in it is crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    This isn't a pet peeve of a soap fan exactly but just when you mentioned Twitter, someone on my FB said they were "talking" to Rachael from ED so I thought that was quite cool and went on their Twitter to see what she said this was how it went
    My friend: "you look lovely in your pic, so different to in emmerdale"
    Rachael (can't remember her real name): "aw thank you"

End of conversation.
    The way this girl went on they were chatting away like old pals! Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one for me is people who post stuff from the magazines as if they genuinely believe 100% it is the gospel truth, even if it is a bunch of Brahma Bull Poop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tend to do that time to time just because i cant be bothered typing out the full name as long as folk know who i'm talking about i dont think its a big problem!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what flavour is she having then?

I won't rest till i know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what flavour is she having then?

I won't rest till i know.

She's not got back to me V_V
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stupid girls who think the likes of Cain Dingle and Max Branning are wonderful examples of men they would like to, ahem, you know. I can only guess they are the type of bloke they go for in real life. They are barmy and deserve every bit of emotional pain they get.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's not got back to me V_V

It had better not have olives on it.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,933
    Forum Member
    One of my pet peeves about soap fans is people posting on here moaning about what other people are doing over on twitter :D
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Quite a bold thread I must say OP. 'Pet Peeves you have with soap fans' on a forum for soap fans. Can't wait to see some debates on this one...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some soap fans have an unhealthy obsession with a particular character *cough* :o:
    :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

scamrasc wrote: »
    isn't that just for handiness though? like if you're having a conversation about an actor, and someone starts it off saying who they are....you don't then need to have their full name in every subsequent post. their first name will suffice because everyone knows who you mean?:confused:
    I tend to do that time to time just because i cant be bothered typing out the full name as long as folk know who i'm talking about i dont think its a big problem!

I might be wrong and chita will correct me I hope, but I think it was referring to the character calling them by their real name rather than the soap name
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I might be wrong and chita will correct me I hope, but I think it was referring to the character calling them by their real name rather than the soap name

I don't get why people get so upset about this I seen this a few times surely calling them by their real name if your talking about the actor is the correct way.
  • JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When soap fans call the actor or actress by first name only.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    I don't get why people get so upset about this I seen this a few times surely calling them by their real name if your talking about the actor is the correct way.

Sorry to disagree, but people are talking about soap characters and it makes it seem as though they know the actors personally if they use their real names
  • IzzyInTheHouseIzzyInTheHouse Posts: 4,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When soap fans call the actor or actress by first name only.

It's just to save time. On a forum, you're bound to have to talk about actors/actresses a few times, and writing their whole name everytime is just not needed.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Sorry to disagree, but people are talking about soap characters and it makes it seem as though they know the actors personally if they use their real names

Maybe I've never seen it myself as a problem if its use in a context of talking about a character.
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,224
    Forum Member

This.

The amount of people I have had to unfollow on Twitter because of those kind of tweets is nearly in triple figures!!

It's the height of rudeness. I feel sorry for our soap actors, I really do.

What really annoys me though is if certain peple don't get a follow, they then bombard the actor/actress with abusive tweets telling them they "Treat thier fans like sh*t"and "If it wasn't for us you wouldn't even be on telly" :rolleyes:
  • cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How defensive people get over their favourite & how they let the soaps (or just their fave) almost take over their lives :rolleyes: