Stuff the pressies... did you all have a good time?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Nice one Ava... hope you have a good New Year... Lang may yer lum reek
    :D

Sadly it isn't today. We have a huge hole in our chimney and can't use the Woodburner as the smoke just comes back in and fills up the living room. Bloody wind! We have lost our greenhouse too. >:( Looking forward to 2014. :):)
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Yes, lovely.

Christmas Day, there were 7 of us up early getting things ready, laying the table, chatting, having a laugh etc. Then a lovely leisurely dinner at 2pm, followed by opening the presents, and the pets having theirs, watching comedy films and scoffing sweets, having boozy drinks and relaxing.

Yesterday there were 11 of us and it was even livelier. We had a full Christmas dinner again, followed by more opening of presents, drinks, sweets, a delicious Heston Christmas pud, and an evening of playing games such as Taboo, until almost 2am.

Now all the lovely guests have left and we are off shopping later on. Then tomorrow another houseful of different guests arrive for more grub, drink, laughs and games.

It's been so enjoyable spending time with so many lovely people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, lovely.

Christmas Day, there were 7 of us up early getting things ready, laying the table, chatting, having a laugh etc. Then a lovely leisurely dinner at 2pm, followed by opening the presents, and the pets having theirs, watching comedy films and scoffing sweets, having boozy drinks and relaxing.

Yesterday there were 11 of us and it was even livelier. We had a full Christmas dinner again, followed by more opening of presents, drinks, sweets, a delicious Heston Christmas pud, and an evening of playing games such as Taboo, until almost 2am.

Now all the lovely guests have left and we are off shopping later on. Then tomorrow another houseful of different guests arrive for more grub, drink, laughs and games.

Sounds terrific. Glad you had a great time after the traumatic days / week before. :D
    Forum Member
    Yes, lovely.

So pleased you are having such a grand time. x
    Forum Member
    Sounds terrific. Glad you had a great time after the traumatic days / week before. :D

Thanks Jackie, much appreciated, i hope you had a fabulous time yourself. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did, I am, I will continue to do so. :cool:
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    So pleased you are having such a grand time. x

Thank you, avasgranny. I hope yours improves from here on, it's rotten bad luck to get household problems in the middle of festivities. We had a ceiling 'spring a leak' at midnight on Christmas Eve, right over the dining table! Luckily it wasn't that bad. Blimming rain and wind!
    Forum Member
    Thank you, avasgranny. I hope yours improves from here on, it's rotten bad luck to get household problems in the middle of festivities. We had a ceiling 'spring a leak' at midnight on Christmas Eve, right over the dining table! Luckily it wasn't that bad. Blimming rain and wind!

Our house is jinxed! :D:D. Hope your table wasn't set at the time? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just interested tis all... glad you had erm a good time ;-)

Seems smilies are more essential than I thought ;-)
    Forum Member

Your new years resolution must be to use more smilies, Wheelie. :):p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your new years resolution must be to use more smilies, Wheelie. :):p

But it will spoil my amusement :(:(:(:(:cry:cry::kitty:^_^
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it will spoil my amusement :(:(:(:(:cry:cry::kitty:^_^

It will still make me Chorltle. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will still make me Chorltle. >:(

Filth >:(
    Forum Member
    Our house is jinxed! :D:D. Hope your table wasn't set at the time? :(

Luckily, no. We did have a few jinxes beforehand ourselves though, now I think of it.

Last minute shopping on Christmas Eve, my sis 'bumped' the wheel of a car while parking (!) in a supermarket car park, she hardly even touched it but the woman made a fuss wanting to exchange details 'in case something happened later' - seriously, there wasn't a mark on it. I foresaw a future fake claim coming, so took a few photos for proof.

Then on the way home in the dark, we came across a flooded ford, had to back out in the pitch black because we couldn't tell if we could get through or not (it was scary seeing the fields each side flooded with fast flowing water) and there were some hard round metal things hidden under the water that we went over with a massive clunk. That's all we would have needed, to conk out there! Got no idea what they were, and luckily no damage done, but not a nice experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

My posts are positively bare without them :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes very much so, even if it was exhausting! Boxing Day was lovely, we had a real rest... Which has extended to today as well. :)

I should really think about tidying up, we have visitors tomorrow. I always become extremely lazy this time of year, which I thoroughly enjoy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all XXX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Yes very much so, even if it was exhausting! Boxing Day was lovely, we had a real rest... Which has extended to today as well. :)

I should really think about tidying up, we have visitors tomorrow. I always become extremely lazy this time of year, which I thoroughly enjoy!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all XXX

and to you Gogo x :)