Options

CBS Channels on Youview

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
Forum Member
I know its not Freeview but I thought some of you might be interested to know that from today all the CBS channels are now on the Youview EPG internet provided channels free to view, I'm with TalkTalk so they are also recordable.

484 CBS Reality+1
485 CBS Action
486 CBS Drama
486 Horror Channel

With connected Freeview coming in the future I wonder if CBS will add the rest of their channels to Freeview in the same way? Or maybe use the Connect TV system?

I now have Doctor Who on series record :-)

Comments

• Options
    eladkseeladkse Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not Freeview but I thought some of you might be interested to know that from today all the CBS channels are now on the Youview EPG internet provided channels free to view, I'm with TalkTalk so they are also recordable.

484 CBS Reality+1
    485 CBS Action
    486 CBS Drama
    486 Horror Channel

With connected Freeview coming in the future I wonder if CBS will add the rest of their channels to Freeview in the same way? Or maybe use the Connect TV system?

Are you sure these aren't just free channels from TalkTalk? :-) I haven't found any mention anywhere else - Youview's community forum would be one of the first places I would expect to see news of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry I never thought, it must be just a TalkTalk thing, are they on BT Youview boxes?

It still shows CBS are keen to get on other platforms including Freeview based ones.
  • Options
    a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry I never thought, it must be just a TalkTalk thing, are they on BT Youview boxes?

It still shows CBS are keen to get on other platforms including Freeview based ones.

TalkTalk only as "entry level" channels for all who have taken TalkTalk TV.
  • Options
    OverTheBridgeOverTheBridge Posts: 3
    Forum Member

484 CBS Reality+1
    485 CBS Action
    486 CBS Drama
    486 Horror Channel

I'm with Talk Talk too. Recordable? I still get the message, sorry youcan't record internet channels.
  • Options
    miket15miket15 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I'm with Talk Talk too. Recordable? I still get the message, sorry youcan't record internet channels.

There recordable for people on the talktalk trail of the new software ,which should be available for all talktalk customers soon.
    Have used it now for about 3 months but can`t say anymore due to trail terms and conditions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    miket15 wrote: »
    There recordable for people on the talktalk trail of the new software ,which should be available for all talktalk customers soon.
    Have used it now for about 3 months but can`t say anymore due to trail terms and conditions.

Haven't they rolled it out to everyone yet? I thought it was all sorted now. It cant be much longer.
  • Options
    Tim_BishopTim_Bishop Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    To confirm.

this is not available via BT infinity.
  • Options
    dachsedachse Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Talktalk Youview section since it is nothing to do with Freeview?
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 2 inch Samsung smart ull HD LED I my bedroom seems to be able get some of the Freeview connect TV channels
    Shame Youview cant get the connect TV channels,

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Considering the amount of internet channels I get on Youview for free, Sky Arts 1 and 2, Living and Livingit, Sky One and Two, Sky Sports News and now the CBS channels for free and a huge amount of pay TV channels then I'm sure I can live without Vintage TV. BBC connected red button is coming soon and so are the Connect TV channels, when I have no idea lol :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dachse wrote: »
    Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Talktalk Youview section since it is nothing to do with Freeview?

I did say that when I posted, I just thought it might be of interest to some people because Youview, Freeview and connected Freeview (or whatever it will be called) will be/are interconnected. :)
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think as well it should may be have been posted in the Talk Talk part of Youview or Just the Youview thread. It should not read CBS channels now on Youview for not everyone with Youview can get the CBS channels.

Darren
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Considering the amount of internet channels I get on Youview for free, Sky Arts 1 and 2, Living and Livingit, Sky One and Two, Sky Sports News and now the CBS channels for free
    They are part of a £5/month package, so not free.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dachse wrote: »
    I agree. :)
    I did say that when I posted, I just thought it might be of interest to some people because Youview, Freeview and connected Freeview (or whatever it will be called) will be/are interconnected. :)
    But they're not. The only common foundation they have is the terrestrial broadcasts which Youview piggyback their product onto.

The IPTV parts of Youview are completely seperate/different and that's where those channels are appearing.
    As mentioned they're not even available to everyone with Youview at this point, let alone anyone with only freeview.
  • Options
    tallguy9tallguy9 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »
    They are part of a £5/month package, so not free.
    TalkTalk increased the price of their TVPlus package by a couple of quid in May and since then all the channels that were in the £5 pack are now included in the TV Plus sub
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see from next weeks copy of tv times that CBS Reality has been added. but still no movies 4 men.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see from next weeks copy of tv times that CBS Reality has been added. but still no movies 4 men.

I guess we have a long wait for trutv listing to be added.
  • Options
    gilliandiagilliandia Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    I guess we have a long wait for trutv listing to be added.

I mainly use radiotimes.com for TV & radio listings. No sooner had I added TruTV to "my channels" listings that it was added anyway as the latest of a series of "promoted channels" - far too near the top!

http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-listings

I know its not Freeview...

Not having a TV as such (TV tuner USB stick + big-monitor PC) I can watch CBS Reality+1, CBS Drama, Horror Channel (Wonder Woman double bill each afternoon!) via filmon.com. But NOT CBS Action, for some reason :(

http://www.filmon.com/

[I use Replay Media Catcher 4 to record streamed channels, DVB Dream for watching/recording Freeview]