Options

where (in your house/flat) is your games console/s set up ?.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it all set up in my front room:

42" Plasma
    Xbox 360/Xbox One
    Dedicated Sub and speakers
    All the usual Sky/Chromecast trinkets
    TX 458 wheel + Ferrari 458 GTE Challenge rim (undecided on the F1 rim at the mo)

Only the racing wheel gets packed away into the corner when not in use. I have the TX on a racepro stand and they both fold away really well. The rest of the setup is packed quite nicely into a unit. I'm quite an*l about leads and things everything is all nailed in. I never want to move house ever again

I do have a spare 42" (it's knackered) which lives upstairs and comes down for the F1 races (for live timing and onboard feeds)., which leaves me one tv away from a triple screen set up, I just need to work on my other half more :-)

I don't often get to start playing until around 10pm as my OH will just moan at me to turn it back onto something equally as cr*p for me to view. It's killed the racing a little for me as by the time I get into it's near on 11pm and I'm done with the 3am crawl into bed on a work night. So at the moment I've kinda just been turning the 360 and playing Halo Reach.

I'm quite lucky in that my other half has learned their way around the X1 so it's no issue running all our tv/netflix through it.

I have another slightly weird gaming related thing going on at my house. I keep my telescope (10" dob on an EQ-6 for those who care) outside and I do the manual slewing using an Xbox 360 controller with a specific mod. The thumbstick controller on the 360 controller allows quite precise movement. Run a webcam from the eyepiece into the tv in the front room and browse the heavens from the comfort of the sofa (although personally I much prefer standing outside in the cold seeing it for real).

How I'mn still married I do not know :D
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In our dedicated home cinema room. X1, 360 and PS3 all hooked up to a 1080p projector , 92" screen. :p

Was one of the first rooms I got sorted when we bought our first house :D
  • Options
    stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you do most of your gaming ?. Is it in the sitting room/lounge, or do you have a set up in the bedroom or in your study ?. and do you game as much as you used too ?.

Mine is in the sitting room under the main TV. We used to have a PS3 set up in the bedroom (used for watching Blu ray's now and then) but the mrs 'demanded' it be removed and most of my gaming is done on a Sat night from around 9:30 until the early hours of Sun morn (around 5am).
    Your Saturday nights are boring I am sure your Mrs would want to participate in other activities :D
  • Options
    ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Living room here. TV number 1 has the 360, wii and a ps3. TV number 2 has my pc and another ps3. The ps4 is wired into both tvs via an HDMI splitter.
  • Options
    MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_One wrote: »
    PC is in my living room, of 1 bedroom flat...
    in the pic, PC is in right hand corner with the blue glowing light shining against the wall:
    (links are from my facebook page, nothing dodgy)
    http://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/460040_772277712834729_5966253902521639126_o.jpg
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10499605_771958822866618_3622477042975438600_o.jpg

Very nice. :)
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,900
    Forum Member
    Just me in the flat, so xbox is connected to the TV in the living room (no other TVs in the flat). Also have a PC in the living room but don't really play games of any nature on it.
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my bedroom on a entertainment unit.
    I've got the PS4 and PC hooked up to my TV, while my PS3,2,1, SNES and 64 are all set up underneath too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I have a ps4, xbox one, xbox 360 under the television in the living room, gaming pc in the corner. Don't get to game anywhere near as much as I'd like; life gets in the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    The_One wrote: »
    PC is in my living room, of 1 bedroom flat...
    in the pic, PC is in right hand corner with the blue glowing light shining against the wall:
    (links are from my facebook page, nothing dodgy)
    http://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/460040_772277712834729_5966253902521639126_o.jpg
    http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10499605_771958822866618_3622477042975438600_o.jpg

If I may says so that's mighty impressive.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines in a spare room at the back of the house, its the middle door as you reach the top of the stairs, is that enough info OP? I can provide further details if required and tips on how to circumvent the alarm system. :D
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine is in the bedroom ATM but am considering moving it to the study/office and hooking it up to the PC monitor via an HDMI switch.

I still use the PS3 in the living room as it's still my main gaming machine but will put a Vita TV there when it's released.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol FT.
    Mine in living room under main tv. Ps3 and 4 live there.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines in a spare room at the back of the house, its the middle door as you reach the top of the stairs, is that enough info OP? I can provide further details if required and tips on how to circumvent the alarm system. :D

foiled :D

*I was just testing the water with this thread. Next one was gonna be 'What are your CC/Visa details ;-) :D
  • Options
    TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS3, PS4 and Wii In the living room :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    PS4 is in the livingroom, so I just use remote play when the OH wants to watch something on tv, the ps3, xbox one, 360, ps2, xbox, dream cast, mega drive, Atari, n64 & wiiu are all in the games room, which I had to fight long and hard to get. The Mac is in the kitchen/dining room as the OH likes to have spotify on when in there. That's only really used for Football Manager though
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Is anyone thinking about getting Playstation TV ? And how will this change your gaming setup ?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Is anyone thinking about getting Playstation TV ? And how will this change your gaming setup ?

I'm going to get one mate not on launch though will wait a few months. It won't effect my set up much as quite a bit of space for new goodies lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member

I don't know to be honest, I have Apple TV and a PS Vita so at the minute I can't really justify getting it, unless one of the afore mentioned breaks then I'll get it on launch
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Khewco wrote: »
    I don't know to be honest, I have Apple TV and a PS Vita so at the minute I can't really justify getting it, unless one of the afore mentioned breaks then I'll get it on launch

What does Apple TV do ?
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does Apple TV do ?

It's a media streaming box with things like netflix etc added. No iplayer though.
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my setup in the living room of my static caravan, featuring a 32" Samsung LED TV, XBox 360 slim 250gb, PS4, Nexus 7 and an HP Ultrabook. The whole lot is tethered to a Nexus 5.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10574421_10154432715675104_3658722834259831236_n.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    This is my setup in the living room of my static caravan, featuring a 32" Samsung LED TV, XBox 360 slim 250gb, PS4, Nexus 7 and an HP Ultrabook. The whole lot is tethered to a Nexus 5.

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10574421_10154432715675104_3658722834259831236_n.jpg

I think your plant is dead :(
  • Options
    carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think your plant is dead :(

It's a chilli plant and a relative of mine sadly over watered it. >:(

It's slowly recovering now that I've chopped off most of the branches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    It's a chilli plant and a relative of mine sadly over watered it. >:(

It's slowly recovering now that I've chopped off most of the branches.

Oh I like chillis.

Keep us posted as to its recovery :)
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nah not for me. I can't justify spending more £ on something that probs wouldn't be used much (same as my PS3/4 at the mo. I'm currently playing thru my backlog of games on the 360)