Options

Leeds festival - Sex, Sluts, Drugs and alcohol

Comments

• Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Do they still do that thing when you shout 'Bollocks' and it gets carried around like a mexican wave? They did that at Reading about 15 years ago.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to attend a metal festival, gothic girls have more morals from my experience.

You may like Whitby then this October.
    http://www.whitbygothweekend.co.uk/
  • Options
    Lil_MLil_M Posts: 2,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to give my opinion on my experience at Leeds Festival, coming from a Christian viewpoint.
    Going to Leeds Festival was always going to be a bit of an odd experience because it is full of hipsters and I am usually a fan of extreme gothic metal and folk metal however it was odder than I expected.

First of all I noticed how the fellows were going out of their way to look cool or something due to how wide their mouths were opening when they were chewing gum and had their hoods up even before the rain started.

The second thing I noticed was the amount of females in tight little shorts so you could see all their legs (it was cold and wet) they were attractive lassies and they knew that this was going to get them male attention.

When I had finished urinating into a tree I went to the main stage to watch the bands, I then noticed that every 3rd person was smoking, it seemed to be weed and they were surrounded by lassies in the short shorts.
    During the next few hours they were smoking and exhaling right beside me as well as drinking.

I was watching the large screens and the camera operators seemed to be instructed to find young ladies and zoom into them in order for them to flash their breasts, when the lady didn't flash her breasts they would cut quickly back to the band and if a lady looked as though she was going to flash they would keep the camera on her. The inevitable happened twice when 2 women flashed their breasts, one had small breasts and the other blonde one had big bouncy ones, the men cheered during this and I noticed than when a camera cut to a lady sitting on someones shoulders some fellows would say "This ones a slapper" and funnily enough they were right in their predictions.

After the music I was noticed that some people seemed to be riding in their tent.
    I was disgusted by the whole thing and I would not advise a person of morality to attend these festivals.

I love this thread and post.
    :D

In fact, dare I say I agree with you. I liked how you mentioned you were Christian and how you urinated in tree which gotta to be said let down your post. If you ran with without mentioning that, you would have at least giggled a bit.
  • Options
    Duffman2000Duffman2000 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother has just been to the Leeds festival, and he was disappointed in quite a few ways about it.
  • Options
    TankyTanky Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    What's your point?

Cause the OP was emphasising that he was christian and the events during the festival were shocking in terms of his views as a christian. However it's kind of a contradiction with metal music, as he's not shocked by the kind of message or image it represents.
  • Options
    BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to give my opinion on my experience at Leeds Festival, coming from a Christian viewpoint.
    Going to Leeds Festival was always going to be a bit of an odd experience because it is full of hipsters and I am usually a fan of extreme gothic metal and folk metal however it was odder than I expected.

First of all I noticed how the fellows were going out of their way to look cool or something due to how wide their mouths were opening when they were chewing gum and had their hoods up even before the rain started.

The second thing I noticed was the amount of females in tight little shorts so you could see all their legs (it was cold and wet) they were attractive lassies and they knew that this was going to get them male attention.

When I had finished urinating into a tree I went to the main stage to watch the bands, I then noticed that every 3rd person was smoking, it seemed to be weed and they were surrounded by lassies in the short shorts.
    During the next few hours they were smoking and exhaling right beside me as well as drinking.

I was watching the large screens and the camera operators seemed to be instructed to find young ladies and zoom into them in order for them to flash their breasts, when the lady didn't flash her breasts they would cut quickly back to the band and if a lady looked as though she was going to flash they would keep the camera on her. The inevitable happened twice when 2 women flashed their breasts, one had small breasts and the other blonde one had big bouncy ones, the men cheered during this and I noticed than when a camera cut to a lady sitting on someones shoulders some fellows would say "This ones a slapper" and funnily enough they were right in their predictions.

After the music I was noticed that some people seemed to be riding in their tent.
    I was disgusted by the whole thing and I would not advise a person of morality to attend these festivals.

Looking at your past posts I doubt very much your where shocked at all. You went to a lot of effort but you past history lets you down. Might I suggest creating a new account if you want to troll next time ?
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We went, we had guest list tickets. We accidentally walked through one of the regular campsites and it was squalid (as in absolutely filthy and stinking) to say the least. The guest areas were all quite civilised. I noticed the guest campsite had people cleaning litter up though.

Leeds Festival is good fun, you do see some sights and I don't think it's a place for young children (although some do take them) but overall it's a good do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find people urinating against trees in public more distasteful than girls wearing shorts.
    Shame on you.

Gotta be better than using the toilet facilities provided though. Toilets at festivals look like a scene from Apocalypse Now. :o
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta be better than using the toilet facilities provided though. Toilets at festivals look like a scene from Apocalypse Now. :o

That's another massive plus of the guest area - proper toilets that flush and are regularly cleaned!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness the schools go back soon
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But did you get any of their pants?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Folk Metal. Is that a thing?
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a half decent weekend lol.

In all seriousness though, don't call people sluts. It doesn't make you any better than they are.

Usually the word '****' comes up through jealousy, even if it's a guy saying it. :D though this particular guy is just trolling anyway, so these are fictional sluts! :kitty:
  • Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    AJ Wheels wrote: »
    Haha. I love digital spy at times.

Me too. Lol
  • Options
    highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Or maybe Magherfelt is the **** capital of the north... Maybe I need to check it out... to ensure nothing immoral is going on, of course

Cookstown if you want some dirty girls, in Northern Ireland the protestants girls are a lot more sluttier
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Folk Metal. Is that a thing?

Yes the famous Cruachan for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBYwi_cGnGI
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Vincent Fernier (Alice Cooper) is the son of a Church of the Latter Day Saints preacher and is himself a Born Again Christian. What's your point?

And Tom Araya (The Bloke From Slayer) is a Catholic.

Still, don't believe a word of the OP.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanky wrote: »
    Cause the OP was emphasising that he was christian and the events during the festival were shocking in terms of his views as a christian. However it's kind of a contradiction with metal music, as he's not shocked by the kind of message or image it represents.

I don't know about that. As well as there being Christians involved in mainstream metal music, I think there's a whole sub genre of Christian metal.

Edit: Having just read a little, it's not really a sub genre in the sense that it's a specific type of music, it's more about the lyrics. At least's what wiki says - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_metal
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha :D "fellows", "lassies in the short shorts" and "some people seemed to be riding in their tent" - all these things made me laugh out loud. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Haha :D "fellows", "lassies in the short shorts" and "some people seemed to be riding in their tent" - all these things made me laugh out loud. :D

Not to mention "people trying to look cool by chewing with their mouths open too wide" (or something along those lines)
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has the 3rd billy goat Gruff crossed your bridge yet?
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is dreadful, there were actually bare ladies legs on display and one could tell that women have breasts? Shocking. Reminds me of the other day when a woman was showing too much ankle on the bus. Just no need for it. I am not amused.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, that was NOT a wee you were having up the tree at all was it? :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may like Whitby then this October.
    http://www.whitbygothweekend.co.uk/

lassies with pale skin and blue and black hair, sounds interesting
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Tanky wrote: »

And what would that be then?

Are you one of those people who thinks it's all about Satanism? :D