• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Press running Falcao quotes on the back of tomorrow's papers
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who's a bit twitchy? I just don't want any last-minute cockups with the paperwork or whatever. :(
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Why are we taking so long to confirm this Falcao deal? Dramatic effect or...?

Must be, it's like watching a soap opera is Transfer day with all the twists and turns, better than some of the games actually:D
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno about anyone else, but my arse is starting to get twitchy over this Falcao deal, or rather lack of so far.
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Berbatov.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    Dunno about anyone else, but my arse is starting to get twitchy over this Falcao deal, or rather lack of so far.

Same here, though surely it can't fall through now, i hope not anyway.
  • Options
    allthingsukallthingsuk Posts: 6,035
    Forum Member
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Same here, though surely it can't fall through now, i hope not anyway.

I wouldn't put it past the United management to cock it up, given last year's fiasco with Herrera and Coentrao.

But here's hoping they can pull it off. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't put it past the United management to cock it up, given last year's fiasco with Herrera and Coentrao.

But here's hoping they can pull it off. :)

True, last summer was a disaster, lets just hope that the lessons have been learnt and the Falcao deal goes through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Berbatov.

If I recall correctly - first we knew of that deal was something like an hour beforehand. We've known about Falcao all day!

Meanwhile - very unclassy fans shout unsavoury comments and pass blow up dolls around.

Sky reaping what they sow with the hype of transfer deadline day. Good fun though :D
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “It’s a dream come true to join a club like Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world,” Falcao told the Independent.

"I’ve always dreamt about playing for one of the truly great teams and winning lots of trophies.

"It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you can’t turn that down. I’m a huge fan of English football and watch it whenever I can. Now the reality is I’m going to play there.”

:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Those quotes from Falcao sound brilliant, lets hope the deal gets done in time.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The deals probably done they probably just cba announcing it yet
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    Welbeck out is probably linked to Falcao being done.

Looks like Utd and Ars will have to go for that one hour extension so we should know by midnight. Hopefully! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    The deals probably done they probably just cba announcing it yet

Well Arsenal have applied for an extension to complete the deal if that can be done then eventually Falcao and the Welbeck deals will go through but what is the point of deadlines if they can extend it.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spurs fan in peace :)

Just seen this ..
    BBC Sport's Simon Stone tells Radio 5 live: "Manchester United haven't confirmed Falcao because the deal has not been completed yet. Should fans be worried? No. Providing a deal sheet has been submitted then United have until midnight to conclude the deal."

Might have to break out the hot chocolate :)
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Arsenal have applied for an extension to complete the deal if that can be done then eventually Falcao and the Welbeck deals will go through but what is the point of deadlines if they can extend it.

Extenuating circumstances.

Falcao's flight was delayed, so everything gets pushed back. Welbeck is reliant on it going through.

Confident that both deals will be ratified.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Extenuating circumstances.

Falcao's flight was delayed, so everything gets pushed back. Welbeck is reliant on it going through.

Confident that both deals will be ratified.

With the extensions granted, i would be surprised if both deals don't go through the only way i could see the Falcao deal not going through is if the medical finds something wrong with his knees.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Collymore is having a meltdown over our transfers, my love for Woodie grows evermore.

Dare I say it? You sound as if you have a woody for woodie ;-) What a difference a transfer window makes. Even if we don't get Falcao, Ed has truly redeemed himself.
    Woodie has lost the plot buying great players

Wages are spiralling out of control

Loans are immoral

Utd have no transfer strategy

Football is now a business and not a sport

I actually like Collymore as a pundit. I think he is articulately provacative and often talks sense. But he is so, so, so wrong here. Footballers wages and transfers haven't been anything close to reality ever since Trevor Francis got sold for a million. Why he thinks loans are immoral I've no idea and though my views on football NOT being a business are well known on here, it is a brand. And just like the NFL, NBA etc, all the big spectator sports brands are driven by money. They are stiill sports though. And most players today are probably fitter than Collymore ever was, even at his peak.
    Herrera is a 'quality midfielder', and Blind can do the defensive job.

Yes, in an ideal world, someone like Vidal would have been brilliant, but look at what we've done!

How can you not be excited, by that?

I was excited by Di Maria. Blind, Falcao and making a 16 mill straight profit on Welbeck? I'm trying hard not to spontaneously combust!
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I'd rather wellbeck stay and cleverly :(
    dazza89 wrote: »
    And Anderson???
    Someone must want him surely

Normally, I'd agree. But taking stock with the window due to close, i'm thinking differently. There is every chance, with our injury issues, Rojo's work permit and new players needing to adjust that we may still struggle for a bit. In which case we need as much cover for the middle as possible, no matter how average.
    The only thing getting released are the notches on his belt after another food face off.

:D:D:D I have heard that when Anderson had a recent medical, they found out his blood type was Ragu :p
    Apparently we might put in a request to the Premier League to be allowed an extra hour to sign Falcao, so we might have to wait a bit longer for the deal to be signed, sealed and delivered. Not sure i agree with it mind if there is a deadline that has been set all summer and you miss the cut off point then that should be it.

I have heard something similar and apparently United are pretty certain of getting the deal done under those conditions.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,530
    Forum Member
    With the extensions granted, i would be surprised if both deals don't go through the only way i could see the Falcao deal not going through is if the medical finds something wrong with his knees.

Yes, and I don't think an extension is limited to an hour either, wasn't Berbatov announced as completed at about 1 am a few years back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    d'@ve wrote: »
    Yes, and I don't think an extension is limited to an hour either, wasn't Berbatov announced as completed at about 1 am a few years back?

Yeah i think it was, i know it was way past the deadline, was pleased it was done so i could go to bed i remember, probably end up being the same here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Falcao was being brought in one of those Chevrolet monstrosities.

"Chervrolet? Quick, turn me the f*** around!"
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    relax guys, falcao deal will get done, he's been at the training ground for hours, welbeck to arsenal is dependent on it...
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

National deals can be extended by 2 hours, so 1am lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    relax guys, falcao deal will get done, he's been at the training ground for hours, welbeck to arsenal is dependent on it...

As long as there is nothing wrong with his medical, then i agree the deal will be done but there are rumours circulating that he has failed his medical due to his dodgy knees, i hope that isn't the case.
  • Options
    Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as there is nothing wrong with his medical, then i agree the deal will be done but there are rumours circulating that he has failed his medical due to his dodgy knees, i hope that isn't the case.

the plug would of been pulled on it by now if that were the case, we are well beyond that point, it is just down to the paperwork being done and contract being signed now...
This discussion has been closed.