The baby boom thread!

1117118119120121123»

Comments

• Miss NMiss N Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss-kitty wrote: »
    Great night with Chloe last night, despite her waking for an extra feed. Both OH and I even got a lie in this morning as She slept until 8.
    I know 8 may not sound like a lie in to some, but as you know, with a newborn, I think thats pretty good! :p

All my soreness 'there' has gone, and I am back in my pre-pregnancy (skinny) jeans. So I am feeling so much more human now! Still got a flabby tummy, but I love that! I made my mum laugh as most people hate their post pregnancy tummy, but I love mine, feels like a deflating balloon :p
    I think I am just strange.
    Boobs are not so sore either, getting used to the feeding now. Though my right nipple is sore, and looks like it has bled at some point, but I've not noticed any blood in the milk or on the breast pad? If it has been bleeding it won't hurt Chloe in anyway will it?

I have my postnatal and Chloes peads check in a little while, looking forward to seeing how much she weighs now.

How is everyone else? All well I hope! :)

Flipping heck - back in your jeans already you lucky thing!! That's breastfeeding for you! I used to go quite thin for the first few months but unfortunately in my case it gradually crept back on again!
    Any blood from your nipple will not harm Chloe. After each feed rub some breastmilk on your sore nipple which will help. She is obviously thriving - well done!
  • miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss N wrote: »
    Flipping heck - back in your jeans already you lucky thing!! That's breastfeeding for you! I used to go quite thin for the first few months but unfortunately in my case it gradually crept back on again!
    Any blood from your nipple will not harm Chloe. After each feed rub some breastmilk on your sore nipple which will help. She is obviously thriving - well done!

I was the same with my boys, I'm just lucky, I have good genes, my Mum was the same after all of us. :p

I didn't think that any blood would harm her, but wanted to check. I have been rubbing the milk in, I saw that tip a few days ago and it definately does help, but I do dread feeding from the right side.... but the very fact that I can do it this time is keeping me going. It broke my heart not being able to feed my boys. I know they did get as much as I could give, but I just wish I had perservered a bit more! I just felt so disheartened by the whole process with my boys. :( I felt everything went wrong with them, from being prem, to the labour itself, to them being in scubu, and then my milk not coming in because my body wasn't ready.
    For everything that went wrong before, everything went right this time.

My milk is settling into a relatively nice rythmn now.

I just keep looking at her and my boys and I can't believe how lucky I am! I am so loving my own little family unit! I made them, all 3. And while my boys play me up sometimes and I am sure little miss will in the not too distant future, I cannot imagine my life without any of them! Or my OH!

God, I'm sentimental at the moment. Obviously still high on hormones! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww...you're making me tear up!!

My friend is like you and has had 3 kids and is still so slim. Some people are just lucky!!

I don't think it ever leaves you the problems you had with a birth or after. I am like that with my middle child but it starts to fade a little over time.

Now you have Chloe and she has made your family complete like my third one did with us!

Happy times!!! x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am just genuinely so happy.

waiting to see who as their bub next.

My sister is getting really nervous now, and my brother in law was terrified of holding Chloe earlier. Wasn't sure how to pick her up, then once he had her wasn't sure how to turn her to lay her in the crook of his elbow without letting go of her head, finally got her there and she cried! Poor bro in law panicked!
    Will be different when he has his own though.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My sister is getting really nervous now, and my brother in law was terrified of holding Chloe earlier. Wasn't sure how to pick her up, then once he had her wasn't sure how to turn her to lay her in the crook of his elbow without letting go of her head, finally got her there and she cried! Poor bro in law panicked!

You are amazing, don't you feel tired? Small twins and a new baby, and breast feeding. It makes me feel tired thinking about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It certainly will! My husband had never held a baby until he held ours...he was nervous at first but soon got used to it. However, he is still reluctant to hold newborns if they're not his!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    You are amazing, don't you feel tired? Small twins and a new baby, and breast feeding. It makes me feel tired thinking about it.

I don't yet, but I think I am still high on hormones and the euphoria of giving birth naturally, there really is no feeling quite like it. plus Madam is relatively good at night, going at least 3 hours between feeds if not more.

I am however expecting it all to catch up with me sooner or later, I can't possibly be this smug forever :p lol
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone -

Miss kitty, glad to hear things are going well for you, sounds like Chloe is a dream & not so much of a diva! :)

Everyone seems to be doing so well with regards to breastfeeding, kind of makes me feel a bit guilty for not even trying it at all :( although i know my boy is doing fine on formula and is gaining plenty of weight, so thats good.

I'm doing better myself with things, i've been on anti-depressants for over a week now & they seem to have really helped! I've only cried once since being on them & that was only because i went to visit my Nana's grave for the very first time with Theo & i stood talking to him about her :cry:
    Still doesn't seem real that she's never coming back even though it's been 6 months. Just wish that she could have been here to meet him as i know that she would have loved him.

My health visitor doesn't think my case is as clear cut as just having PND what with me still heavily grieving for my Nana & then the situation surrounding the babies birth / tear etc.
    I guess it's just been a very hard year & then some of my friends have been less than supportive which hasn't helped.

But it seems i'm doing much better and i'm feeling a lot more confident looking after Theo now too which is a relief!

Sorry for rambling on!

Hope everyones had a nice easter & that the easter bunny has been kind to you all :p xx
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I think you can Miss Kitty... I'm still incredibly smug about Theo! He's beautifully perfect and I'm loving every single minute of it, I don't even mind the night feeds and I am normally a person you don't mess with if I'm asleep!

It is amazing when you look at them and think "I made that" honestly the best feeling in the world! So amazing in fact that we're already talking about no. 2!

Have you found yourself absolutely ravenous.. I'm feeling like a right pig as I could hardly eat anything in the last 2 months and then since he's been born I'm just so hungry ALL the time!! I am however 4lbs lighter than I wa before I got pregnant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, Sorry ive not been back in a while!

Big massive huge thanks to everyone for your advice and comments about the consultant planning on turning bubba LUCKILY she did it herself, we went back to the consultant on Wednesdaywho had a feel and checked on scan machine and she's head down, and 2/5th's engaged. Have to get a midwifes appointment this week (that'll be fun!!! Trying to book at short notice no chance) to check she's still there then my section for the 17th can be cancelled!!!!
    Also we went to our antinatal class on Saturday, it was good but not quite what we expected. The midwife leading it was lovely, the 1970's video that she put on wasnt!!! And the walk round the hospital and labour ward was good to know, the floors are soo hard though! My hips and knees were agony after! I was by far the furthest into pregnancy there most of the women were due late May and the rest mid-May and there's me due on the 18th!! Haha! Even the midwife commented that we were pushing it being on the course this late!
    Sounds terrible but I couldnt help feeling a little bit better when I looked down and all the women had really ugly shoes on because of water retention (we were talking about it) and I had on my pretty ankle boots that are too big because ive dropped a shoe size! terrible I know and I apologise if I offend anyone but after all the stress and strain it made me feel a tiny bit better!!

Count down is officially on now! A week and half to go well 9 days!!!!

Anyway thanx again ladies! Its a huge weight knowing I can come on here and just read all your experiences and have a little vent/moan!!
    xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congrats on everything Miss Kitty! Having 3 is weird though-- it seems like my house is filled with kids.
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missjef wrote: »
    Hi everyone -

Miss kitty, glad to hear things are going well for you, sounds like Chloe is a dream & not so much of a diva! :)

Everyone seems to be doing so well with regards to breastfeeding, kind of makes me feel a bit guilty for not even trying it at all :( although i know my boy is doing fine on formula and is gaining plenty of weight, so thats good.

I'm doing better myself with things, i've been on anti-depressants for over a week now & they seem to have really helped! I've only cried once since being on them & that was only because i went to visit my Nana's grave for the very first time with Theo & i stood talking to him about her :cry:
    Still doesn't seem real that she's never coming back even though it's been 6 months. Just wish that she could have been here to meet him as i know that she would have loved him.

My health visitor doesn't think my case is as clear cut as just having PND what with me still heavily grieving for my Nana & then the situation surrounding the babies birth / tear etc.
    I guess it's just been a very hard year & then some of my friends have been less than supportive which hasn't helped.

But it seems i'm doing much better and i'm feeling a lot more confident looking after Theo now too which is a relief!

Sorry for rambling on!

Hope everyones had a nice easter & that the easter bunny has been kind to you all :p xx

So glad to hear you're doing well, grief is a horrible emotion at times. I've thought so much about my grandparents since being pregnant, it breaks my heart that they're never going to meet Theo and they died 2/3 years ago, can't imagine how I'd feel if it was all so fresh still like it is for you. But you're on the right track now and you can tell Theo all about his great grandma. Keep up the great work with Theo, it's so good to hear you're feeling better and have more confidence! xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missjef wrote: »
    Hi everyone -

Sorry for rambling on!

re BIB, don't feel bad, breastfeeding is not for everyone. It's far better to have a happy healthy Mummy, than one who is stressed etc. Formula these days is great.
    My sister won't be breastfeeding I think. She is still umming and ahhing about it, but I can't see her wanting to tbh.

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better MissJef and that Theo is doing well!

Your Midwife could be right about the PND not being as clear cut, just make sure you keep on top of talking to the doctor about things, and you will be fine, but it sounds to me like you are doing much better already! Your Nan would have been proud of you MissJef, I'm sure of that.

Fanielle, I feel I could eat for a week sometimes! I was like you, found eating very difficult for the last few weeks. and breastfeeding really does drain a lot of energy.
    Rather proud, Chloe had nearly all breast last night, only minimal top up! milk is settling in nicely. OH slightly disappointed that he not getting to do as many of the top ups now, as that's his chance to bond, not that he'll say so. at the moment until my breast pump arrives, while my boobs are not too tender first thing he is formula feeding madam, and then I make sure she has at least one formula feed during the day, regardless of my soreness. Once the pump gets here I will express milk for him to do a feed and hopefully cut the formula out altogether
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss jef I know how you feel re the breastfeeding guilt. I too feel like a bit of a failure because I chose to give up, but I do know it was absolutely the right choice for my family as a whole. I have to admit, and I feel ashamed to say it, that I've been finding visiting this thread difficult the last week or so as everybody seems so happy and idyllic. Much as I feel delighted and blessed with my beautiful wonderful family and I am absolutely in love with my children, I have the green eyed monster for how happy everyone else seems to feel. I think my infection ans mastitis have taken the shine off a bit for me.

Bug I am delighted for all you lovely ladies with your gorgeous little ones :)
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,717
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57560006#post57560006
    This discussion has been closed.