Options

Actors who've appeared in soaps in 2 different countries

mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't think there are a massive amount who have gone from Australia to UK. I expect some may have gone from New Zealand to Australia, but I can't be certain.

Here are 4 definate cross country soapers.

Emily Symons - Home & Away / Emmerdale

Anne Charleston - Neighbours / Crossroads

Rebecca Ritters - Neighbours / Coronation Street

Richard Norton - Neighbours / Brookside

I recall that Norman Coburn says he was once in Coronation Street, but I don't know who he played. I t would have been the very early 60s.

Comments

• Options
    PattiPatti Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alex Ferns (Trever Morgan, EE) was also in a foreign soap but I'm not 100% sure if it was a soap.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daniel Macpherson - Neighbours/The Bill
  • Options
    LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    Daniel Macpherson - Neighbours/The Bill
    I can't believe I didn't think of him! :eek: :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea for a thread!

I was just watching "It Seemed Like a Good Idea At the Time" on BBC 1 and saw that the guy who plays Charlie Slater on EE was in Eldorado. Not sure who he played or whether Eldorado counts as a soap in a different country!
  • Options
    nathleenathlee Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Clive Robertson. Ben in Sunset Beach, and he was in the soap London Bridge too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I mentioned on a thread yesterday - Stefan Dennis, Neighbours(oz) and River City(Scotland)
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    nathlee wrote:
    Clive Robertson. Ben in Sunset Beach, and he was in the soap London Bridge too

He was also in The Bill as well, although i think it might have been just for one episode!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maxwell Caulfield - All My Children and Dynasty(US) and Casualty (UK)
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kate O'Mara - Dynasty / Crossroads, FA etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kind of cheating here, but Kylie Minogue - Neighbours, and she sang the theme tune for Night and Day. I know, not technically an appearance, but it's late and I can't think of any more :)
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Kate O'Mara - Dynasty / Crossroads, FA etc

Oh yea, i forgot about Kate O'Mara.
    Dynasty, Crossroads, Bad Girls and soon to be Family Affairs :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Sarah Vandenberg (Lauren Carpenter in Neighbours) also played Adam Morgan's girlfriend briefly in Hollyoaks.

- Bernard Latham (Mr C Hollyoaks) and according to a friend of mine also appeared in welsh soap Pobol y Cwm.

- Norman Coburn (Donald Fisher, Home and Away) was in an episode of Coronation Street in the 1960's apparently.
  • Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Briggs played Cliff Leyton in Crossroads before he became Corrie's Mike Baldwin.

Roberta Taylor was, of course, Irene Raymond in EE before she was Gina Gold in The Bill.

Lucy Pargeter, Chastity Dingle in Emmerdale, also played Helen Raven in Crossroads.
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, last year on Shortland Street in New Zealand we had a Scottish guy appear for about two months and apparently he used to be on Family Affairs....I can't remember his name though!

Maureen Edwards who played Ruby on Neighbours (2002 - 2003) played Patricia on Shortland Street (2001 - 2002).

The guy who played Brad Willis on Neighbours (1991 - 1993) also had a short term role in Shortland Street in 1997.

The actress who played Gaby Wilis on Neighbours (1991 - 1994) played Siobhan in another NZ soap called City Life (1996).

Laurie Foel, who played Angie Russell on Home and Away (2002 - 2003) and also
    Josie Russell on Home and Away (2004 - present) - Angie's twin cousin! LOL.
    was a major character on City Life (1996).

Katrina Hobbs who played Kelly on Home and Away (1995 - 1997) went to Shortland Street as Janet Maxwell (1999 - 2000).

Christopher Hobbs (Katrina's brother) who played Frank Malone on Shortland Street (1997 - 2001) has apparently got a role on an Aussie soap...
    Home and Away

Ingo Rademacher, who plays Jasper "Jax" Jacks on US soap General Hospital (1996 - 2000, 2001 - present) was in Paradise Beach (1993 - 1994).

Australian actor Tristian Rogers who played Robert Scorpio on General Hospital (1981 - 1992) was apprently in the Original Crossroads as well. Also ive read that he was in some Aussie shows...I think perhaps Number 96 in the seventies. If this is true, then hes done the trifecta...appearing in soaps in Aussie, the Uk and the US.
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Johnny Briggs played Cliff Leyton in Crossroads before he became Corrie's Mike Baldwin.

Roberta Taylor was, of course, Irene Raymond in EE before she was Gina Gold in The Bill.

Lucy Pargeter, Chastity Dingle in Emmerdale, also played Helen Raven in Crossroads.

Um...this thread is about those actors and actresses who have appeared in different soaps in two different countries.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nathlee wrote:
    I mentioned on a thread yesterday - Stefan Dennis, Neighbours(oz) and River City(Scotland)

"River City" gets loads of ex-soapies. Currently still got Gilly Gilchrist (Crossroads Mk2) and Gray O Brien (If Casualty and Peak Practice count. Also had Sanjeev and Ruth from EE appearing.

Anyway I'd better zip it as I'm not sure the original poster would count Scotland as another country.

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Dale - Jim Robinson in Neighbours is Caleb in The OC!

and that guy from Home and Away is in Nip/Tuck
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobaltmale wrote:
    "River City" gets loads of ex-soapies. Currently still got Gilly Gilchrist (Crossroads Mk2) and Gray O Brien (If Casualty and Peak Practice count. Also had Sanjeev and Ruth from EE appearing.

Anyway I'd better zip it as I'm not sure the original poster would count Scotland as another country.

G

Yes, I wil count England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as seperate countries.

Wether you would class shows like Casualty and River City Blues as soaps is another matter, but I suppose they slightly creep into that genre.
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikebuk wrote:
    Yes, I wil count England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as seperate countries.

Wether you would class shows like Casualty and River City Blues as soaps is another matter, but I suppose they slightly creep into that genre.

What's "River City Blues"?

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl who played Lou's daughter in Neighbours was on Holby city on UkGold this morning
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    this wasn't in a foreign soap but corrie's Jamie was in Eastenders, playing Robbie's half-brother called (I think) Jamie, but he only said like a line.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shane from Neighbours was on the Bill a while ago (I think he was called Shane)
  • Options
    Artie FischalArtie Fischal Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dippit wrote:
    Um...this thread is about those actors and actresses who have appeared in different soaps in two different countries.

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a bona fide entry to this discussion........

Charles 'Bud' Tingwell played Dr Alan Dawson in one of the earliest soaps on British TV, Emergency Ward 10. He then went on to appear in The Sullivans and Neighbours (twice as two different characters)
  • Options
    Kevin34Kevin34 Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Annette Andre, who had a starring role in early Crossroads, also played radio talk show host Camilla Wells in aussie soap Prisoner:Cell Block H.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose the reason why a lot of Crossroads originals then appeared on Aus soaps is beacause Reg Watson went back to his native Australia and created other shows like Neighbours so perhaps some of the actors followed him.
    Yeah Don Fisher said he was in Coronation Street but have never heard who he played.
    Doreen Keogh played Concepte Riley in early Coronation Street and many years later played Mary O Hanlon in Irish soap Fair City.
    Jim Bartley from Fair City was one of Elsie Tanners many boyfriends and Joe Byrne who played Dinny in Glenroe was also a lover of Ms Tanner at one stage.
    Denise Black who was Kens hairdresser girlfriend also appeared in an Irish drama series recently.
    One of the gay characetrs from Fair City appeared in Crossroads #2 and quite afew actors from Fair City appeared in those dreadful EE episodes that were set in Ireland when Pauline went to see her sister.