✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    Man utd west ham also live on sky

West Ham v Man Utd listed as 119 above
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Fulham v Chelsea could well still be shown.

Problem for Sky is going to be if Chelsea v Spurs gets rescheduled for Wed 17 Apr - they then have two simultaneous or forced to drop Chelsea v Spurs (painful decision!) which would then make it more likely Fulham v Chelsea is retained.

The fact Fulham v Chelsea has not been rescheduled for Wed 17 Apr suggests to me they are waiting for FA6R result.
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly

and also if Chelsea beat Man united then the Spurs game will most likely be played on April 17 and not the Fulham one.

The Reason is if Chelsea lose in Europe they can play Fulham in SF week but if they lose they may not be able to play Spurs in SF weeks

Or UEFA could put their size 15 boots into it and stop any English football being played on a Champions League night which would REALLY mess everything up
  • Options
    Igloo_ManIgloo_Man Posts: 2,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    Exactly

and also if Chelsea beat Man united then the Spurs game will most likely be played on April 17 and not the Fulham one.

The Reason is if Chelsea lose in Europe they can play Fulham in SF week but if they lose they may not be able to play Spurs in SF weeks

Or UEFA could put their size 15 boots into it and stop any English football being played on a Champions League night which would REALLY mess everything up

That makes sense - I failed to remember that Tottenham may be unavailable to play in European weeks if they continue to progress.

As for UEFA - I don't think there's a thing they can do (at least not for English games) and rightly so.
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    I think Fulham v Chelsea could well still be shown.

Problem for Sky is going to be if Chelsea v Spurs gets rescheduled for Wed 17 Apr - they then have two simultaneous or forced to drop Chelsea v Spurs (painful decision!) which would then make it more likely Fulham v Chelsea is retained.

The fact Fulham v Chelsea has not been rescheduled for Wed 17 Apr suggests to me they are waiting for FA6R result.

Why can't Fulham V Chelsea be played on Wed 17th and the Chelsea V Spurs game later in the season?
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Why can't Fulham V Chelsea be played on Wed 17th and the Chelsea V Spurs game later in the season?

See earlier posts - if Chelsea get knocked out of EL but Spurs stay in EL then it is better (***) to get Chelsea v Spurs out of the way on Wed 17 Apr - as Fulham v Chelsea could then be played any later midweek.

(***) better = better for less fixture congestion, but worse for Sky!!!
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely Sky can just show the Manchester United trophy presentation without having to show the match before hand.

If the title is already decided I wouldn't show the Manchester United v Swansea match at all.

Manchester United could also win the league as soon as the Aston Villa home game.

Its quite simple, Manchester United need 13 points in the last 9 games. This can also include points dropped by Manchester City. (So for example when Manchester United play Manchester City, if Manchester United win, that will be 6 points of the 13 they need.)
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why ESPN and Sky are showing United games at all right now. Unless it's against another top 6 side, what's the point? Even City's games are pointless right now - the battle for European places is far more interesting.
  • Options
    sudsy23sudsy23 Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    In fairness, when Sky and ESPN picked their games, United weren't 15 points clear. They'd have looked pretty silly if they hadn't picked their games and United suddenly had a wobble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even when they win the League Man U then play Arsenal and Chelsea in successive games

This means the "dead" Man U games are certain to be shown !!!

On another note they could be reaching the 100 point mark so maybe that is a new angle for Sky to Cover them for !!!
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    Even when they win the League Man U then play Arsenal and Chelsea in successive games

This means the "dead" Man U games are certain to be shown !!!

On another note they could be reaching the 100 point mark so maybe that is a new angle for Sky to Cover them for !!!

So Aresnal and Chelsea v Man U reserves, or those players who need to play, to get enogh games in to get a medal, are more important, than relegation battles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they are not but Sky pick them anyway
  • Options
    BenFranklinBenFranklin Posts: 5,814
    Forum Member
    Well they aren't dead games, Chelsea and Arsenal are playing for their short term futures in those games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on another forum has just pointed out a potential solution for Sky

Chelsea v Tottenham on THURSDAY April 18th

They are both on Sky the following Sunday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they aren't dead games, Chelsea and Arsenal are playing for their short term futures in those games.

Yeah thats true, but we all know the super Toffees, are gonna beat Aresnal, Liverpool and Chelsea in the run in, and get in the champions league qualis.

Well you can wish cant u
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Premier League will be pleased that this weekend is a international break, with the snow which is forecast throughout the country on Friday and Saturday, it could have caused another whole lot of problems
  • Options
    ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think the Man City V West Brom game will probably be dropped, certainly if it's rescheduled for after Man Utd have already won the league. So I'll pick 10 from the last 3 weeks. Whilst Liverpool V Everton is obviously a decent game and likely to be picked, I wouldn't be too disappointed if it wasn't as I don't know if it will be that big a game this time round.

Ideally I think they should stagger the times on FA Cup final weekend, seeing as most of those matches will be played on the Sunday. Why not have half of them at 1.30 and half of them at 4.00? That way you avoid the scenario of a few years ago where you had Wigan V West Ham not shown nad a meaningless Arsenal V Villa game picked instead.

Saturday 4 May
    Fulham v Reading
    Liverpool v Everton*
    Man Utd v Chelsea*
    Norwich v Aston Villa*
    QPR v Arsenal*
    Sunderland v Stoke
    Swansea v Man City
    Tottenham v Southampton
    West Brom v Wigan
    West Ham v Newcastle

Sunday 12 May
    Arsenal v Wigan*
    Aston Villa v Chelsea*
    Everton v West Ham
    Fulham v Liverpool
    Man Utd v Swansea*
    Norwich v West Brom
    QPR v Newcastle
    Reading v Man City
    Stoke v Tottenham
    Sunderland v Southampton *

Sunday 19 May
    Chelsea v Everton
    Liverpool v QPR
    Man City v Norwich
    Newcastle v Arsenal
    Southampton v Stoke
    Swansea v Fulham
    Tottenham v Sunderland
    West Brom v Man Utd
    West Ham v Reading
    Wigan v Aston Villa

Then 2 for the final day. If a game moved because of the FA Cup final then becomes meaningless presumably you could just drop it and have 3 matches on the final day (obviously by then they should know if 3 matches havie something riding on them.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the amount of games they can show on the final day is also determined by what other live sport they are showing that day, I now at the moment, the Test Match at Lords is due to be shown on that day, I realise by 3pm on the 4th day, hte match could be over, but of course Sky wont no that.

As they will have cricket on the final day, Will that mean that the if theres 2 Football matches one will end up possibly on SS3, and not everybody can get that can they
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not everyone can get that Channel

That appears to be a very good reason for Sky to put football on SS 3

Start the battle with BT early !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely one match would be on SS3, isnt there some kinda ruling that Cricket involving the England Squad, has to be on SS1 or SS2
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    I guess the amount of games they can show on the final day is also determined by what other live sport they are showing that day, I now at the moment, the Test Match at Lords is due to be shown on that day, I realise by 3pm on the 4th day, hte match could be over, but of course Sky wont no that.

As they will have cricket on the final day, Will that mean that the if theres 2 Football matches one will end up possibly on SS3, and not everybody can get that can they

In which case what can you expect Sky to do?

Put cricket on SS3 - people moan
    Put football match 1 on SS3 - people moan
    Put football match 2 on SS3 - people moan

They will never be able to win.
  • Options
    coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

one match will be on ss3, as sky wont put england cricket on ss3, not a chance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Im probably more of a cricket fan, where as well i love football so it doesnt really both me, if anything, ill probably carry on watching cricket, and catch up with the results after the days play.

But i realise some will moan, if Football is on SS3, on the final day.

• Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    God, imagine if they had 3 matches on, 2 matches wont be on Freeview/BT - there are going to be complaints from idiots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, imagine if they had 3 matches on, 2 matches wont be on Freeview/BT - there are going to be complaints from idiots.

What has happened before when England have played a mid may test match, it must have happened before, which relegated final day of premier league to SS3.

Saying that i got a feeling, this years first test match, has been bought forward a week than it would normally.

Actually yes, as last years first test of the summer, was the final of the champions league