Options

Delivery signed for but not recieved, what can I do?

unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Basically I sent my mobile phone away to get fixed two weeks ago with Nokia care. It was collected by UPS from my student flat and I was able to track the repair online. Last week it was reported as being on its' way back to me but as I wasn't going to be there I asked my flatmates to keep an eye out for it. When I got back up yesterday it still wasnt there so I got the UPS tracking number to see that it had reportedly been delivered and signed for by 'Brady' on Friday. I was automatically concerned as I don't know anybody Brady so I contacted UPS who contacted the delivery driver who claims he gave it to my next door neighbour. I live in a block of flats, the flat next door to us isn't occupied so I checked with the other two flats in my block which are occupied and neither of them knew anything about it. :confused: I can't think who else could count as my next door neighbour as it's nearly all blocks of flats where I live

I've been trying to contact UPS all morning but I can't get through to them. Surely I'll be able to put a claim in or something if it has been apparently delivered to someone but I haven't received it.

Comments

• Options
    gulliverfoylegulliverfoyle Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    flatmates robbed it
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if the neighbours are dodgy then of course they are going to say they know nothing about it.
    especially if they used a fake name when they signed for it.
  • Options
    Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take it up with both Nokia and UPS (push Nokia, as it's their delivery process). They left it with a neighbour at their risk.

As far as you are concerned, you have not received your property yet.
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened to the 'phone is not your concern since the courier has admitted they did not hand it to you.

You would need to contact the sender since they have the legal responsibility.

UPS is their concern, and they have the agreement with UPS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chenks wrote: »
    if the neighbours are dodgy then of course they are going to say they know nothing about it.
    especially if they used a fake name when they signed for it.

I doubt the neighbours did anything, I'd know both of the flats to speak to and we've had post delivered for them before so I doubt they'd do anything.

Yeah I already tried contacting Nokia but they told me to contact UPS as they can't do anything until I'm 100% sure it has went missing
  • Options
    ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    Do you have a 'find my phone' option that you can look at on the web to see were it is if someone has switched it on?
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    It's up to UPS to prove you've got it and they can't. So Nokia need to take it up with UPS and you need to take it up with Nokia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's okay guys, resolved. One of the lads in the block down from us buzzed this morning to say there was a parcel for our flat delivered on Friday, by next door neighbours he actually meant the block of flats next to my block, not the flat next to us within my block :L
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Neighbours" is very loosely defined by couriers these days.

If they say handed to neighbour it could easily mean far far away and these couriers might not let you know which neighbour.

Technically a complaint to Nokia is in order since UPS is their contract and their contract didn't do a competent job.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your contract is with Nokia, get onto them and they'll get onto the courier. First though, just for shits and giggles, borrow a mate's phone and call your mobile whilst standing outside each neighbour's door.
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Happy it worked out for you. I had a similar thing happen 10 years or so ago with a new mobile phone I'd ordered online. The person it was left with claimed to have "left it outside my flat" which loosely translated means he took it to cash converters for some drug money.

I got a replacement eventually but it took a while while it was investigated