Options

Question & Answer Session (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good then Twass. Have a good break away. I will miss you on here for a couple of days.

What's your favourite flavour of cheesecake?
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A plain vanilla New York baked one, can't be beaten! I once visited New York for a few days and had some in a local diner, never tasted ANYTHING that good here, it was amazing!

I'll be off in about an hour :) Wearing my best "Nanna is not really a pagan" outfit since I am to see the eldest perform in the Nativity at her Catholic primary :eek::D

Do you chat to strangers on public transport or be a normal Brit and say nowt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I chat to anyone, and for some reason people seem to chat away to me and tell me all there problems and their life story. I recently met a lady in an HMV shop and we got on really well and had a lot in common. She asked for my name and address and now we have exchanged Christmas cards. I also met one of my best friends at a book fair some years ago and we struck up an instant friendship.

Have a good time at the nativity. A friend went to see her two year old grandson as Joseph recently and said that he ended up as a one parent family as Mary sat on the stage and wouldn't move and do her bit.

Do you enjoy seeing children doing things like that? I love it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like to see kids in plays....my son was a shepherd aged four in a nativity, he had his Granddad's stick as a crook and a toy sheep. Part way through the proceedings he decided to impale his sheep on the stick and wave it about :eek::D It was hilarious, he stole the show :D

Packed and ready for my son to come and deposit me at the station. I too, chat to all and sundry so will no doubt begin on the station platform as per usual :D

I saw Babybel have brought out a festive pack! After all, Chrimbo is all about the Baby Cheeses :D:blush: Shall I get me coat?
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yus!

Want a toasted teacake?

And regards to Nate...hope you feel better sooooon!xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pass on the toasted teacake Hoots as I been to a Christmas get together at a group I go to and have been stuffing fattening and filling things all afternoon. I am really stuffed now.

Yes, get well soon Nate.

Meanwhile, it might just be you and me Hoots. I turned over on my ankle a bit earlier and it is hurting now. I have already broken it twice in the past. Have you ever broken a bone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toes and such

got any Comfrey you can make a poultice out of and apply to yer shankle?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Nate is still in hospital and won't be out tomorrow either. He hasn't improved at all since Saturday. He hasn't even seen the respiratory consultant (we are beginning to wonder whether this person actually exists).

:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sheesh, Don`t know wot to say, you must be out of your mind with worry. It doesn`t seem right that he hasn`t even seen a respiratory consultant yet...What the hell is going on?
    He`s on oxygen isn`t he.?.
    You`re both in my prayers tonight.

Much lovexx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    sheesh, Don`t know wot to say, you must be out of your mind with worry. It doesn`t seem right that he hasn`t even seen a respiratory consultant yet...What the hell is going on?
    He`s on oxygen isn`t he.?.
    You`re both in my prayers tonight.

Much lovexx

Thank you. Tbh I am not doing well, I don't know if Nate has ever mentioned that I suffer from anxiety and OCD, atm I seem to be in an almost constant state of panic attacks :( I am trying to cope for his sake but when I get home I go to pieces a bit. :(

EDIT: Should add that if it appears Nate is online it's just because I've had to start up his computer to look for something!
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    (((( Nate & Epona ))))
    xxxx sending love hugs to you both and bestest wishes for a speedy recovery xxxx

take care of you too xx Epona xx
    and hugs for xxx the kitties xxx

Bit chilly tonight and keeping 2 hottie bottles on the go
    how about you ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually I have had to take my jumper off and am just in a t-shirt because I was so hot a little while ago, but I'm feeling a bit cooler now. I'm just weird.

So sorry for what you and Nate are going through Epona. I know what it's like to worry and be anxious. Is it just the two of you at home? Do you have any friends who could maybe stay with you for a few days to get you over all this?

Anyway, all the best to both of you.

Lets try to have a laugh at something. Have you any funny things you can tell us about a child's reaction to Father Christmas or a present at Christmas or to being in a Nativity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I would also like to say that Nate really appreciates the text messages he has had from friends here, he is bored and feels quite cut off from the world. He would love to hear from any friends who have his mobile number.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to know what is happening with Nate Epona. We all wish him well on here. It's a bit quiet at the moment as Twass is away.

Next question is can you tell us something funny that a child has said or done to do with Christmas?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Thank you. Tbh I am not doing well, I don't know if Nate has ever mentioned that I suffer from anxiety and OCD, atm I seem to be in an almost constant state of panic attacks :( I am trying to cope for his sake but when I get home I go to pieces a bit. :(

EDIT: Should add that if it appears Nate is online it's just because I've had to start up his computer to look for something!

Thinking of you both and sending ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

PS did remember you both in my prayers xxx

Haven`t got his mobile number , i think only twass and some of the others have
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to know what is happening with Nate Epona. We all wish him well on here. It's a bit quiet at the moment as Twass is away.

Next question is can you tell us something funny that a child has said or done to do with Christmas?

Nope can`t. Friends daughter did cross country the other day and came home in a thoroughly foul mood being frozen cold through to her bones. ...she only warmed up after a hot bath, 2 hot water bottles and a hot cuppa

Why the hell do they make kids do cross country during the winter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We`s keeping the thread alive for you nate..;-);-);-)
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best wishes SilentNate :-)
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My FIL brought me in one of those annoying 'tablets' that peeps use on the tube theße days. Still stuck in hospital but can watch TV and access interwebs now!

Thanks for the good wishes, it's been an interesting experience fo' sure and I'm going to write a diary to record it all as I am finding some things very stressful... like not seeing a doctor for days at a time!!

Do you own a 'tablet' thingy??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoo hoo everyone and Nate in particular! Snuck on my pals internet on the phone to see if any further news. Sadly not surprised you're still waiting to see the specilist, splint had same experience many times :(

Sorry you are struggling Epona and I really hope friends can come stay over with you xxx

Bugger, answer question and do another!!!! No tablet :D

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    My FIL brought me in one of those annoying 'tablets' that peeps use on the tube theße days. Still stuck in hospital but can watch TV and access interwebs now!

Thanks for the good wishes, it's been an interesting experience fo' sure and I'm going to write a diary to record it all as I am finding some things very stressful... like not seeing a doctor for days at a time!!

Do you own a 'tablet' thingy??

Not yet but will do sooooooooooooon;-)

Regards to you Nate and special thoughts for your missus......keep strong!

Are Cadbury Roses just the most tastiest noms?
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Shortbread is :-)

*Mrs bob is getting a Tablet from Santa*

Want a potato fritter??
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    Yes please fb x
    and Hi Nate !!!!!
    Sending all the *best wishes* your way and huggage for you and your lovely Mrs Epona Nate xx Hope you get to be seen and helped .... by the best people soon

[ BTW :- Every time I have ever done this ??
    it is always .... with you in mind as it is your trademark mark ]

Ever had a trap door that lead to something very interesting ?? [fb;-)]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope

ever cooked bacon and eggs for Angelina and Brad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oddly enough hoots, no :D

Just been fed a vast stew, I can barely move!

What's your favourite stew?
This discussion has been closed.